• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other VoiSona by Techno-Speech

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Since VoiSona seems to have kind of separated itself from Cevio over time, I thought it’d be a good idea to create a separate thread for it!

Anyways, VoiSona’s anniversary is on September first, and it seems like TS is preparing smt for it 👁

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018

Alongside Yukari, all other Cevio AI ports will also upgrade to a permanent license if you own their Cevio AI versions! You’ll just need the VBs serial code like before.

I think it’s a great move and I’m hoping we’ll see more Cevio AI banks being released!! And hopefully some upgrades to the VoiSona 2.0 vocoder like Chis-A 😩

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
VoiSona’s 1 year anniversary stream happened today, alongside a couple big announcements!

As sort of a follow up to the Cevio AI post above, coming this winter paid VoiSona libraries will be having an additional purchase option of buying their license permanently instead of just the subscription model! This seems to have been the biggest issue with VoiSona and this is HUGE to me tbh. AiSuu and Kirune have been confirmed to be getting this as an option so far but no other details regarding other song banks yet.

Speaking of AiSuu and Kirune, their 2.0 update is coming as well! This should take them to the same quality as Chis-A 2.0 and MYK-IV. If I’m not mistaken this should be coming in December alongside the permanent purchase plan, as well as a discount for current subscribers who wish to switch over.

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
VoiSona’s 1 year anniversary stream happened today, alongside a couple big announcements!

As sort of a follow up to the Cevio AI post above, coming this winter paid VoiSona libraries will be having an additional purchase option of buying their license permanently instead of just the subscription model! This seems to have been the biggest issue with VoiSona and this is HUGE to me tbh. AiSuu and Kirune have been confirmed to be getting this as an option so far but no other details regarding other song banks yet.

Speaking of AiSuu and Kirune, their 2.0 update is coming as well! This should take them to the same quality as Chis-A 2.0 and MYK-IV. If I’m not mistaken this should be coming in December alongside the permanent purchase plan, as well as a discount for current subscribers who wish to switch over.
OH YAY

i do hope they do this for chis-a english

Ryleigh Goldner

Worst conversational timing in the game
Feb 25, 2023
Bangkok, Thailand
Pepper the robot, made by SoftBank Robotics, got themselves a VoiSona bank, which will be was just released on January 11.
Monthly license: 880 Yen (800 without tax)
Annual license: 6600 Yen (6000 without tax)

what

Credits to @poser for discovering this

'Mimi no Aru Robot no Uta' covered by Pepper

Pepper's product page (the robot, not the VoiSona bank)

EDIT:
Whoops, forgot the 'no Uta' lol.

EDIT 2:
Lol, I forgot what day it was. VoiSona Pepper just dropped today lmao

Last edited:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Since Aldebaran (the original French developers) were acquired by SoftBank, SoftBank has been making slow strides to providing the platform with more features. This may not be a feature, but I think this is super cute! If nothing else, it might make people more comfortable with the idea of interacting with IRL robots.

Me in high school, and Pepper :)

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
A sample of Pepper in twitter (x).

I actually like her high notes, it's kinda cute.

And I am rolling about her photo on the top left. It's just that all the other Voisona's have an anime profile pics, while Pepper is an IRL photo of a companion robot. Yet Pepper is, like, the most anime-sounding one in my ears.

Last edited:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
This is just a VB that caters so specifically to my extremely niche interests that I can't help but love it. From a musical perspective, I think like VBs a la Macne Nana and Gachapin, you could do some interesting experimental and thematic things with it.

I have heard secondhand about people theorizing that Pepper's Voisona VB is Maki's original voice provider, but I think this is likely not the case. I could totally be wrong, but there are a few reasons for my feelings here. First, the voice does not really resemble hers that much. Second, I think voice synth fans are likely to try to draw connections with existing voice synth products, but it's important to remember that this is a product coming entirely from outside the existing voice synth sphere. Realistically, the goal of this product is not to cater to seiyuu/voice synth fans, but rather to make it possible for further promotional demos to be created with the Pepper robot and additional singing capabilities in their voice. It's totally possible a known seiyuu helped create this, but I find it odd they wouldn't explicitly state this if that were the case. TL;DR I feel strongly that this is not Maki.

Anyway, love Pepper.

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
Regardless even if it isn't really Maki's old VA and someone new. They still manage to be sound cute, but have that emotional/realistic twang once it reaches the high notes. Kudos to the VA. It would actually be cool if they did a future demo with a real model of Pepper singing and dancing in public of sorts.
Get to it Softbank Robotics, I'm sure you have a spare Pepper model with you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)