• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vsinger voicebank updates

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I actually totally understood why a more classy/mature design for Ling wasn't well-received (I thought it was kinda boring compared to her V3, personally) but I can't understand it for Yan He at all?? It still "feels" like her, idk. She is gorgeous!!

I'll be sad to see this design go, but if the reception was even worse than A-Ling's then it'll probably get tweaked too 😔

All I know is, now that they're releasing designs and everything, I better hurry and buy Yan He's V3 if I want it before it's retired!

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Yay, we’re gonna get a repeat of Tianyi V4, in which Ling and Yanhe’s designs are heavily simplified and lose every last ounce of charm~ I can’t wait!

apologies to any fans of Tianyi’s V4 design, heh.

Redesigns or no, she sounds so good in everything I’ve heard from her beta, so I’m definitely looking forward to her! I can’t wait to hear her in the hands of average users.

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I like both of the designs, especially Yanhe's. I don't have a strong emotional attachment to either of their designs though, which I suspect might be the difference. Like the cryptonloids, the original vsinger designs had extremely strong silhouettes and visual motifs that were easy to replicate in fanart. The new designs are beautiful and intricate but are perhaps less replicable, which might result in a sense that the character's identity is less present?

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Oh wow I actually like this a lot. I still like her V3 the most (it was so weird and fun) but this one is really gorgeous and has callbacks while still distancing itself. A redesign done well if you ask me!!

I still love Yan He's though and will be so sad if when they change it 😭

Reactions: --- and peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Oh wow I actually like this a lot. I still like her V3 the most (it was so weird and fun) but this one is really gorgeous and has callbacks while still distancing itself. A redesign done well if you ask me!!

I still love Yan He's though and will be so sad if when they change it 😭
I can take or leave Ling's (I love it but I'm not adverse to a redesign), but Yanhe's and Tianyi's... I don't want them to change at all. They're so perfect.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Yes that's my feelings exactly!! I'm more neutral to Ling's, but Yan he and Tianyi's are so pretty. Ah well, I guess the chips will fall where they may... I'll be staying tuned though 😂

Reactions: nachodorito

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)