• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vsinger voicebank updates

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I'm here for all of the ideolo love. I wish he would be commissioned to do more official art for 'modern' vsinger. His style really differentiated the project for me from other projects in voice synthesis and was a huge huge huge artistic influence on me when I was younger. I still look at his touhou stuff all the time.

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Btw, there is also an unofficial talk bank for tianyi, I remember there was a website where you can try it but I can't find anymore

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
It’s a very cute and unique reimagining of the original. I’m getting the itch to draw it!

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
After an arduous journey, the V5 updates are available for preorder! (Missed it by just a few days, Shanghai.) They'll be on USBs rather than DVDs and the preorders are (naturally) Taobao-exclusive, so if anyone has a good proxy let me know, because the one I used to use randomly charged me $50 one day and I'd rather not use them again.

The names of the new voicebanks have also been provided (and I'll include the preorder links here as well):

Tianyi: 萌 (Meng/Normal), 凝 (Ning/Power), 婉 (Wan/Nature)
Yanhe: 清 (Qing/Normal), 沐 (Mu/Sweet)
Ling: 炽 (Chi/Normal), 幽 (You/Dark)

For more info:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
So are those their boxes, not regular boxes that'll match the rest of the ones on my shelf? 😟
Truthfully I’m not sure. I’ll try tracking down more info!

EDIT: yeah, looks like they’re foregoing the boxes completely and just sending you a fancy U-disk and a simplistic box. After the Chinese fandom threw a tantrum over their original V5 boxart, I kinda don’t blame them.

I’ll probably wait until they’re available on the Vocaloid store, because the higher cost plus shipping just isn’t worth it for that. (And I’m ABSOLUTELY making box art for them, they deserve it.)

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah, that's a real shame! Thank you for checking in on it!

Even despite the complaints, I'm a little surprised they're not doing pictures at all, after spending the time and money to change the arts and everything. So sad. I probably will just get DL versions of them and hand make boxes in this case 😭

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Plus the art is so beautiful, it annoys me they reacted so poorly =< (again we're not the targeted audience but still, it bothers me, especially for my fave)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)