• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

what are you unreasonably obsessed with right now? (infodump thread)

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
DO TELL DO TELL
idk anything abt bokujou monogatari but i wanna hear abt all ur headcannons now
Mmmmmmmmost of them are kinda embarrassing to say out loud, and they just involve my ships and such. But! I can say that the games are extremely special to me: I played Magical Melody when I was ten and have since played every game in the series. It’s so comfortable and warm and fills me with joy.

One thing in particular just makes me so happy every time I think about it: the games were a big part of the reason I came to terms with my bisexuality. I found myself playing as a boy and chasing after the girls even more than the other way around, and while replaying Save the Homeland in high school, I finally understood why.

And you know what’a even better? Pete, the series’ most oft-used protagonist, is my favorite character in the series (particularly Mineral Town Pete — there’s a lot of Petes), because I played as him so often growing up that I developed such a deep attachment to him. He kinda represents all that’s right and good in the world to me. And as of the 2019/2020 remake of Friends of Mineral Town, he’s canonically bisexual, which is made clear in the booklet that comes with the game cartridge. (I still headcanon him as gay, but knowing he’s CANONLY the same as me... God, it’s so nice.)

A5BC5464-A1BC-4C37-809F-D628579E5345.jpeg

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Tatu has been a really big hyperfixation of mine since last year lol. I was always aware of some of their bigger songs and liked them, but suddenly I thought "I'm going to listen to their entire discography" and I just became really obsessed. It's gotten kind of annoying for my friends cause they're like all I listen to anymore.

Also?? Weirdly obsessed with Lionfish. I've always had an affinity for them, despite them being the worst thing to ever happen to the ecosystem next to humans, but within the last year or so I've been like wildly into them. I post about them on my snapchat whenever i see one in a video game/tv/etc. or when I see one in real life. There's a mcdonalds in my town that (pre-corona) has a fish tank with a lionfish in it and I'd go ALL the time to sit and eat by the lionfish and I have so many pictures of him lmao. I have stuffed animals, shot glasses, etc of them in my room.....and a tattoo.... And I am saving up to have some as pets when i move into my own place~ Also, I've been using "Pterois" as a username a lot more these days.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I'm so obsessed with Genshin Impact and I have no idea why. Started playing it on the day it released and for a while just went "oh this is a fun game, let's see how long I will play this" but then suddenly some switch in my head was turned and I go absolutely bonkers over everything. Especially Childe, I fell so hard for him that every time I see fanart of him I just go ooga ooga bark bark. I definitely still have other obsessions too but those all calmed down after many years and turned into pure comfort. But Genshin?? It's been a while since I went so wild over something lmao

Just look at Childe.. look at him... he's perfect

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
Been rewatching some cartoons that aren’t Invader Zim or Robot Jones (even tho im still obsessed with those) and Danny Phantom has been on my mind again (hence my pfp lol)

i’ve also gone back and started watching old Fandroid videos again cuz my brain told me “face it, you miss watching him.” And now i’ve been drawing him constantly

andantina

Jun 10, 2020
ashes to ashes
been listening to a lot of Joji lately even though i'm normally not into that vibe of music. and by a lot i mean a lot. i guess the way it's produced is calming enough to focus me but not enough to make me fall asleep. which would make sense since i usually put it on when i'm working on a difficult essay or something.

other than that, i've been on a Tim Burton movie binge since Halloween, mostly cause i'm a wimp and couldn't bring myself to watch actual horror movies alone lolol. It's been a while since i engaged with any "creepy aesthetic" media, so it's been a lot of fun.

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I haven't had any other big obsessions lately except for my own utaus but I don't have much to show for it 😂
Most of what I've been doing lately is play Twisted Wonderland. I've been following it's development since early 2019 and it's so nice to see it become popular and lucrative like it is now. I loved seeing it grow into the most popular game on the jp app store. The pandemic made some of the updates and new stories come out late which makes me sad, but I'm glad they're still sticking with the project even as it balloons in scope and size.
There's also a huge overlap between twisted wonderland fandom and vocaloid fandom (moreso than most other japanese media I think??? Maybe I'm biased) and as I mentioned in a status update here, they actually mention the vocaloid fandom/community in universe and establish more than one of the characters as vocaloid fans...I was so shocked, I still wanna do crossover art of it! (Cater is 100% a Gumi stan and you can't convince me otherwise)
Vocaloid follows me everywhere huh.....

dezzydream

jermacraft
Been rewatching some cartoons that aren’t Invader Zim or Robot Jones (even tho im still obsessed with those) and Danny Phantom has been on my mind again (hence my pfp lol)
oooooo if you saw, my last hyperfixation was ben 10 and that show has so many alternate universes and timelines and dimensions and even plain old unreliable anecdotes due to things like gaslighting and brainwashing it parallels doctor who as one of the most difficult sci-fi shows to follow. i need to watch danny phantom because a popular artist made a comic continuation of ben 10 and it's a crossover with danny phantom and i'd like to understand the lore of it before diving in lol
other than that, i've been on a Tim Burton movie binge since Halloween, mostly cause i'm a wimp and couldn't bring myself to watch actual horror movies alone lolol. It's been a while since i engaged with any "creepy aesthetic" media, so it's been a lot of fun.
my mom and i are both goth so tim burton is a GOLD MINE for stuff we like lmaooo. my mom even has paintings done in similar styles around her house and hoards any nightmare before christmas or corpse bride fabric she stumbles upon at joann's.
There's also a huge overlap between twisted wonderland fandom and vocaloid fandom (moreso than most other japanese media I think??? Maybe I'm biased) and as I mentioned in a status update here, they actually mention the vocaloid fandom/community in universe and establish more than one of the characters as vocaloid fans...I was so shocked, I still wanna do crossover art of it! (Cater is 100% a Gumi stan and you can't convince me otherwise)
Vocaloid follows me everywhere huh.....
i 100% headcannon a LOT of my comfort characters as vocaloid fans simply because i love to project my hyperfixations onto each other

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i have been hyperfocused on two things rn but the big special interest being focused on lately has been well, sonic the hedgehog (with slight influences from my space/alien special interest lol). its funny bc sonic has always been a part of my life but i guess i fell into a low period when i got self conscious about whether or not i was capable of drawing in 'sonic style' so it sat in the background for a while until i got into making Sonic and Shadow sing as UTAUloids, in turn re-sparking my urge to draw them.

and boy now as an adult i have kicked ass of any possible shame or embarrassment, diving head first into self-indulgence land. writing up a ton of lore and an AU to fit with my shadow the hedgehog clone OC and also just working on another AU about shadow the hedehog (revolves around Black Arms, thus tying in my alien interest) and writing sonadow fan fiction.... the hedgehogs are on my mind a lot for sure. and with the utau stuff ive done- it combines the third special interest- vocal synths! my brain is definitely stuffed to the brim with special interests right now and its all thanks to me realizing ive learned enought o draw sonic the hedgehog decently lol.

dezzydream

jermacraft
i have been hyperfocused on two things rn but the big special interest being focused on lately has been well, sonic the hedgehog (with slight influences from my space/alien special interest lol). its funny bc sonic has always been a part of my life but i guess i fell into a low period when i got self conscious about whether or not i was capable of drawing in 'sonic style' so it sat in the background for a while until i got into making Sonic and Shadow sing as UTAUloids, in turn re-sparking my urge to draw them.

and boy now as an adult i have kicked ass of any possible shame or embarrassment, diving head first into self-indulgence land. writing up a ton of lore and an AU to fit with my shadow the hedgehog clone OC and also just working on another AU about shadow the hedehog (revolves around Black Arms, thus tying in my alien interest) and writing sonadow fan fiction.... the hedgehogs are on my mind a lot for sure. and with the utau stuff ive done- it combines the third special interest- vocal synths! my brain is definitely stuffed to the brim with special interests right now and its all thanks to me realizing ive learned enought o draw sonic the hedgehog decently lol.
i think we should be friends

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co
O M O I

I swear this duo came onto me like a plague and is never going to let go. I'm now rotating Teo, Greenlights Serenade, & If You're Gonna Jump. The amount of time that I've gotten addicted to this music is surprisingly short. The way that I am with artists is that I stick onto them for a really long time (A couple of weeks to about two months) then get tired of it, then stick onto something else, but I'm also alternating between Omoi, cute girls doing cute things, Moe Shop, Giga, and a sprinkle of Maretu.

For the most part, I'm listening to Omoi non-stop, but the good news is that If I get tired of a song, I can still go back to it after another fixation has been done and over with. How the hecc did a musical duo stick onto me so hard tho.

Side note: The songs "Precious Memories", "Investigation!", "I Like Cute Girls", and "Okaeri" by cute girls doing cute things have very kawaii feels, with Precious Memories & Investigation feeling straight out of a Disney OST. Would recommend all of them for good vibes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)