• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Xia YuYao new VB crowdfunding campaign has begun

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
With 5 days left, she's actually quite close to hitting the first dropped down goal of 1,100,00 NTD. I hope she does! To make a statement, if nothing else 😂
(She's at 1,072,565 as I write this)

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Sorry to double post (it's been nearly a week, so whatever) but she's got 3 hours left and has reached 1,257,225 NTD! Does anyone remember what the original goal was? If it was 1,200,000 then she reached it!

I'm a little bit frustrated with the whole situation, because the cross synth and system requirements + original announcement tweets make this abundantly clear that they were shooting for SynthV, but then for whatever reason had to retract it... I think this hurt the project. People probably hesitated to back a vocal without a confirmed engine, and also SynthV's popularity on its own probably would have boosted its popularity beyond the scope that it actually reached.

Why weren't they allowed to say? Tokyo6 gets to. And if Yuyao does end up on SynthV, I'm afraid there might be scams in the future where people put together a crowdfund and make some insinuations that they want SynthV but can't say, get backed (or at least, get some money) and then make off with it. It's very questionable overall.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Sorry to double post (it's been nearly a week, so whatever) but she's got 3 hours left and has reached 1,257,225 NTD! Does anyone remember what the original goal was? If it was 1,200,000 then she reached it!
It was 1,500,000. She wouldn't have made it.

And if Yuyao does end up on SynthV, I'm afraid there might be scams in the future where people put together a crowdfund and make some insinuations that they want SynthV but can't say, get backed (or at least, get some money) and then make off with it. It's very questionable overall.
If Genbu AI is anyhting to go by they'd put stop to those, a scam crowdfund would a bad rep they most likely don't wanna risk. Not implying Genbu AI was a scam, he wasn't and they were quick to act, so they'd be even more strict on an actual scam.

Edit:
About Tokyo6: Probably, the difference is that they're already finished vbs that are guaranteed to happen no matter the outcome of the crowdfund, afaik when Rikka's crowdfund was happening they didn't say she'd be a SV.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I'm a little bit frustrated with the whole situation, because the cross synth and system requirements + original announcement tweets make this abundantly clear that they were shooting for SynthV, but then for whatever reason had to retract it... I think this hurt the project. People probably hesitated to back a vocal without a confirmed engine, and also SynthV's popularity on its own probably would have boosted its popularity beyond the scope that it actually reached.

Why weren't they allowed to say? Tokyo6 gets to. And if Yuyao does end up on SynthV, I'm afraid there might be scams in the future where people put together a crowdfund and make some insinuations that they want SynthV but can't say, get backed (or at least, get some money) and then make off with it. It's very questionable overall.
About this, it seems there must be some sort of agreement contractually that they can't actually say it's Synthesizer V directly, probably to protect its reputation in case something went wrong with the crowdfund for whatever reason. It's not a great policy (especially when it's pretty much been confirmed anyway) but it's understandable why a company would want to do that. What I do know is that if she wasn't for SynthV and Dreamtonics thought there was a problem we already know that they won't hesitate to say something. Even though the Genbu AI crowdfund situation was all because of an unfortunate miscommunication they didn't even hesitate then.

The difference with TOKYO6 is twofold: they're an established partner for making Synthesizer V voice databases (going back to Rikka being announced for SynthV even just around when SVS was released), and they work with AHS to produce them. The way they're promoted is also very different; they announced the Karin and Chifuyu crowdfunds well in advance and were able to provide a demo song because they'd actually paid part of the database creation fees in advance. I'm not sure about the specifics of the Xia Yuyao crowdfund but I'd assume if they did another one in future it would be a lot more up-front about being for SynthV.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
It was 1,500,000. She wouldn't have made it.
Ahh, was that it. Bummer. Thanks for the reminder!

If Genbu AI is anyhting to go by they'd put stop to those, a scam crowdfund would a bad rep they most likely don't wanna risk. Not implying Genbu AI was a scam, he wasn't and they were quick to act, so they'd be even more strict on an actual scam.
Edit:
About Tokyo6: Probably, the difference is that they're already finished vbs that are guaranteed to happen no matter the outcome of the crowdfund, afaik when Rikka's crowdfund was happening they didn't say she'd be a SV.
About this, it seems there must be some sort of agreement contractually that they can't actually say it's Synthesizer V directly, probably to protect its reputation in case something went wrong with the crowdfund for whatever reason. It's not a great policy (especially when it's pretty much been confirmed anyway) but it's understandable why a company would want to do that. What I do know is that if she wasn't for SynthV and Dreamtonics thought there was a problem we already know that they won't hesitate to say something. Even though the Genbu AI crowdfund situation was all because of an unfortunate miscommunication they didn't even hesitate then.

The difference with TOKYO6 is twofold: they're an established partner for making Synthesizer V voice databases (going back to Rikka being announced for SynthV even just around when SVS was released), and they work with AHS to produce them. The way they're promoted is also very different; they announced the Karin and Chifuyu crowdfunds well in advance and were able to provide a demo song because they'd actually paid part of the database creation fees in advance. I'm not sure about the specifics of the Xia Yuyao crowdfund but I'd assume if they did another one in future it would be a lot more up-front about being for SynthV.
I was thinking along the same lines that Genbu was part of the reason why they couldn't say, but I still am just overall a little frustrated with how it ended up affecting the crowdfund. At least part of that is certainly on XYY's company too though, I'm not coming at DT 😅
You guys also both make good points about Tokyo6 having at least partially made banks for samples and announcements well in advance.

Re: my concerns about scams. What I meant was, assuming Yuyao does in fact come out on SynthV, I could see somebody doing something like this in the future: They set up a kickstarter of a bank, maybe with an UTAU attached, maybe just art. They drop some insinuations that they have an editor in mind or an agreement in the talks, and make some comments about cross-lang capabilities or something to imply that it's SynthV without ever actually saying it (thus avoiding legal action from DT). People support it. They make off with the money. I'm not saying it's likely, just that it's possible. I will be cautious with what crowdfunds I support in the future, is all.

BUT ANYWAY. All that said. I'm glad she's been funded! I look forward to hearing more from the team :)

Reactions: MillyAqualine

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I may just be missing something (my Chinese leaves much to be desired 😅), but it appears you can’t even see how much she costs until you select a payment method and begin the preorder process. Looks like her preorder is $3600 TWD, or about $120 USD.

Reactions: WyndReed and ___

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
View attachment 7021

wait....are they seriously selling the fundraiser merch? 💀 am I missing something?
i havent kept up with the context. are you say this is merch that was for the fundraiser? and now its being sold on a general store for everyone? if they stated the merch was exclusive then... thats not good lol. but i guess if they did not state that then... free game for them i guess? Not great but im curious if they specified this (id expect so as per most fundraiser merch).

Last edited:
Reactions: Leon and ___

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Eeyyy great for her fans to get confirmation! My biggest hope is that she comes out after Dreamtonics' fixes 1.7; since her development has just started I think there's a decent chance of that. I can't recommend SynthV to people in its current state due to how unstable it is, so fingers crossed a quality update is at the top of Dreamtonics' priority list right now.

___

Oct 8, 2019
i havent kept up with the context. are you say this is merch that was for the fundraiser? and now its being sold on a general store for everyone? if they stated the merch was exclusive then... thats not good lol. but i guess if they did not state that then... free game for them i guess?
Most of the merch they're vague about, little misleading but u could give them the benefit of the doubt, the box with illustration on the inside however, was stated to be fundraiser exclusive and yet here you can just preorder it:/ ( if u scroll down you'll see the illustration is included ).

"Xia Yuyao AI Sound Library" Fundraising A Plan_Xia Yuyao AI Sound Library Exclusive Stores Around (ecpay.com.tw)
"Xia Yuyao AI Sound Library" Fundraising A Plan_Xia Yuyao AI Sound Library Exclusive Stores Around (ecpay.com.tw)

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Bummer to hear this, but I understand why. Covid and then DT just pushing out higher quality updates too fast lol... The first one is no one's fault, and I can't say I'm mad about the latter! I will continue to eagerly await a Yuyao demo :)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Ooh, we should be hearing about who gets her beta access soon, yes? I'm nervous. I applied and I know it's probably not happening, but a guy can dream!

Reactions: Leon

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Yeah, that’s… not good. Like, it looks like they’re covered in shrink wrap, and I think if it weren’t for that those boxes wouldn’t even leave the shipping process unscathed. The spines look flimsy, like the slightest pressure in the wrong direction will cause tearing, and those edges will fray and dent in no time unless you just… never take the box out of the shrink wrap.

I think the art is all very pretty! But being a print shop worker, I can’t stop looking at these boxes and thinking “I could do better with what we’ve got at the shop in my free time.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)