• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Discussion

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Oooh, I'd LOVE scorpions! I'm from the desert so I have a strong fondness of them.

I can't wait for new villagers to come in, I toured some islands today and asked people to move to mine. My favorite part of AC games is talking to your villagers but thats awfully bland when you have only 2.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
I finally unlocked the terraforming option after days of spamming flowers and furniture everywhere. Honestly, I wish there was a way to view the entire island as a blank slate while you terraform because all the buildings and plants make it hard for me to figure out what I should do with my island and limits me creatively. Also, I’m disappointed that the closest thing we have to QR code’s is some pattern search thing that is exclusive to Nintendo Online Members. :P

It still annoys me a bit that I have to pay 50,000 bells to move buildings which sucks because now that I have terraforming I realize how garbage I am at placing buildings.

On a more positive note, I’ve gotten a couple villagers I really like to move in! I got Kabuki, Olivia, and Marshal! Who do you guys have?

Here are the ones I’ve got so far:
  • Olivia
  • Axel
  • Whinnie
  • Reneigh
  • Rhonda
  • Midge
  • Marshal
  • Kabuki
  • Jay
  • Mint
I’ve also been enjoying the Easter themed event! I don’t have much use for the recipes, but it’s kinda fun! The regular trees have become cherry blossoms now since it’s April, and I’m having fun catching the falling blossoms to craft cute cherry blossom stuff!

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I heard there are phone apps (might be websites, too) that let you plan for terraforming. I'm annoyed about having to move buildings, but we want our island to be symmetrical and we had to place all those locations for future residents. (Why did we have to play Nook 50,000 bells to do that when it's his island?) They probably just are footing players with the bells for literally anything on the island so it forces you to keep paying off your debt and therefore keep playing the game.

I am stinking disappointed by the fact you have to pay in order to have QR codes and visit other people's islands. You didn't have to do that for the last hand held AC, right? I feel like the more I play this game, the more things I find annoying... Honestly. I really wanted to love everything about this game, but I don't. Me and my sister decided we don't even want to log in every day, because it's too troublesome. Don't like feeling pressure like I HAVE to talk to every animal on the island every single day just for Nook Miles, especially when sometimes I get so burned out by homework that I don't even have fun when I log in to check the items in the shops an hour before bed.

(Sorry this post turned kind of into a rant.)

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm nowhere near the requirements to unlock terraforming, but I'm only just realising that I'm gonna hate where I've placed all my buildings once I unlock it lol. But truth be told, I can't be bothered to move buildings around if the charge is 50,000 Bells. I think charging the player to move stuff around severely limits creatively, and you have to intentionally plan how you want your island to look from the start if you want it a certain way, which is really annoying.

Right now, I'm just sticking inlines and bridges in obvious places so I don't have to constantly bring out the vaulting pole to get to another part of my island. My town is just gonna take shape as I go alone.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
The thing is that there was really no way to plan it from the start, because everyone was trapped in that little circle with no vaulting pole to get to the other side. So me, my sister, and the 2 villagers all got stuck in the same spot. Then, more stuff got added around it. And then we build those houses to get new animals to come and they had to just get placed wherever while avoiding being too close to rivers and everything just ended up becoming a huge mess...

I don't even want to buy bridges because they are expensive and we want to terraform to change the river location/shape, and it probably costs an arm and a leg to move the bridges/slopes after the fact.

Sep 21, 2019
If anyone’s interested, I made a Sukone Tei themed outfit. It’s not uploaded to whatever that Nintendo Online service for AC is, so you’d have to recreate it manually, but I took screenshots of the actual design screen with all the pixels.
I made a design based on Rin’s shirt, too, and I might upload it tomorrow.
Are there any other vocal synth outfits you might wanna see done? If I end up doing them, I’d be happy to share them. :O
(Also I’m currently trying to do Riliane’s dress and it’s a ROYAL pain. (Get it??? Ok. I’ll leave now, lol.))

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Does anyone know when you get a basement in Animal Crossing? So far I got the house expanded to have a back room (walk straight through the main one and into the next room). But I want a basement really bad, is it the next upgrade after this?

Edit: Sigh. It's literally the last expansion.

Move-In: 5,000 Nook Miles.
First House Upgrade: 93,000 Bells – Makes your tent into a house.
Second House Upgrade: 193,000 Bells – Larger main room of your house.
Third House Upgrade: 348,000 Bells – Adds an additional room to your house.
Fourth House Upgrade: 548,000 Bells – Adds an additional room to your house. Also unlocks House Customization.
Fifth House Upgrade: 758,000 Bells – Adds an additional room to your house. Also unlocks Door Customization.
Sixth House Upgrade: 1,248,000 Bells – Adds a second floor to your house. Also unlocks siding and mailbox customization.
Seventh House Upgrade: 2,498,000 – Adds a basement to your house. Also unlocks free exterior renovations for life when paid off. This is the final upgrade you can unlock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Of Mind

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Since we're venting about the game a little, I'd like to add that I hate there's no easy way to remove villagers. I ended up with 3 lazy villagers and I really don't like having so many with the same personality, but there's basically nothing I can do to speed up the getting rid of them process. I heard the most you can do is just ignore them and wait awhile. The hitting them with a net/complaining to Isabelle/sending them junk mail all appear to be rumors.

On a positive note, I think it's so cute your villagers go to the museum. I never saw them do that in Wild World, but I saw Sherb walking around today and I think it makes it feel much more real that they can actually visit it.

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
Edit: Sigh. It's literally the last expansion.
I just got the third expansion today. Not looking forward to paying off loans up into the millions just for a house that actually feels like a house. :tongue:

Since we're venting about the game a little, I'd like to add that I hate there's no easy way to remove villagers. I ended up with 3 lazy villagers and I really don't like having so many with the same personality, but there's basically nothing I can do to speed up the getting rid of them process. I heard the most you can do is just ignore them and wait awhile. The hitting them with a net/complaining to Isabelle/sending them junk mail all appear to be rumors.
I've noticed the pitfalls are back (which used to be one of the quickest ways to get rid of villagers in the older games), but you have to craft them this time. Maybe the pitfall trick might still work?

Sep 21, 2019
If your town has max villagers, you can invite in Amiibo campers and that will let you choose a villager to kick out. I think inviting a villager from a Nook island when you have max villagers also works, but idk for sure.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
If your town has max villagers, you can invite in Amiibo campers and that will let you choose a villager to kick out. I think inviting a villager from a Nook island when you have max villagers also works, but idk for sure.
Ahh, I don't have Amiibo cards and I'm pretty sure once you get max villagers people dont show up on Nook Island anymore- I haven't seen any yet. :kaito_lili:
I'll try the pitfall trick!

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
I've just realised that I don't like any of my villagers because I've been more focused on trying to unlock terraforming, so I intentionally maxed out the number of my villagers quickly. I wish I had some Amiibo cards now lol.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Today we have the fishing tournament in town. You have to keep taking 3 min bouts of catching the most fish you can to earn points. After you earn enough points (10), you can convert the points to prizes. One of the prizes is a fish wand to change your clothes. I think the fish wand is the 4th or 5th prize. You don't even have to craft it, they just give you a usable wand! So even though it's been raining and cloudy every day in our town and we could never see shooting stars in order to get a star wand, we finally got a fish wand because of this tournament and can actually use it. (It's really ugly, though.)

• Wow

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I forgot the tourney was today and didn't hop on animal crossing until 10 minutes before the tourney ended so all I got was a wallpaper. I think it's pretty cute though. :mirai_ani_lili:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I was wrong, at first the items were in the same order as my sister had gotten for the fishing tourney, but I ended up having to get EVERYTHING to get the wand. It was like the 10th item or something. That was stinking grueling and my brain hurts now.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
My sister found out that when you want to use a ticket to go to a different island, you should talk to the dodo once but then be like "Nevermind, I don't want to go anywhere". This makes the dodo face you instead of him looking at his computer. When he is looking at you, do the clap reaction next to him 2-5 times until he blushes and looks flattered. This increases your chance of going to a rare island.

We did this and got taken to our first bamboo island. For bamboo, there are X holes in the ground that you can dig up for shoots (use them like seeds). You can hit the big bamboo with an axe to get 3 chunks of bamboo. Bamboo islands have no normal trees and therefore no twigs/wood and only like 4 coconut trees, so if your tools break you have to buy the weakest tools for 100 miles from the dodo and you will only be able to eat about 8 coconuts in order to dig up 8 entire big bamboo trees.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I did that too and he also took me to a bamboo island, but he actually takes me to bamboo islands pretty frequently so I thought the trick didn't work haha. I think I'll try it again. I keep hoping I'll go to a tarantula island. I've heard some people make their own tarantula islands by depleting the island of all its resources and then tarantulas spawn, but I haven't tried that yet.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Apparently, you can only get tarantula islands after 8 pm. This is also true for manually making a tarantula island by cutting down everything, there are too many day bugs that spawn, so that's why it has to be at night.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I usually only play the game around the evening/night time anyway, so not a problem for me. I'm a night owl :lapis_ani_lili:

On another note....I'm so so glad bunny day is over. I think the idea for the event would have been cute if it was on a short scale- maybe just friday through sunday. Having it last 12 days was really obnoxious, the egg balloons were driving me crazy and I was so tired of it being all my villagers talked about.
I only ended up liking a few of the egg recipes (party dress, party hat, and backpack) and the rest weren't really my taste.
I like the idea of it and I think it's cute to see it on Easter....but it was very irritating to have for nearly two weeks.

Reactions: uncreepy

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
I hated Bunny Day!! Stupid earth eggs hiding the ground, making me think they might be fossils. Plus, the Bunny Day furniture was ugly. >:(

Right now, I'm just trying to get my island to a three star rating, but all Isabelle suggests is to plant flowers everywhere. ^^;

Reactions: Krin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)