• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Discussion

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I finally got my island up to 3 stars, but it was irritating because to prepare for terraforming I chopped all my trees down, but Isabelle told me to get my rating up I needed more trees....so I had to go and plant a ton more and now that I have terraforming, I just have to chop them down again lmao.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I finally got my island up to 3 stars, but it was irritating because to prepare for terraforming I chopped all my trees down, but Isabelle told me to get my rating up I needed more trees....so I had to go and plant a ton more and now that I have terraforming, I just have to chop them down again lmao.
I should plant more cherry and pear trees in my town then (my town's native fruit is peaches). I can move them around by eating the fruit and using the shovel later.

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
well i only just started a few days ago so i'm not sure how much i should talk haha, BUT i've been looking at adding different fruits to my island too. i was really hoping i'd get peaches as my native fruit but instead i got stuck with basic bitch apples. I have the travel tickets (where you travel to a random island?) unlocked at the nook shop but have yet to try it, you can get different fruit from those islands right?? i've seen where people have done little sections of their island dedicated to each of the different fruits and i thought that was so cute, so i want to get all 5 fruit as fast possible so i can start growing early on. and by early, i mean i just unlocked the museum and upgraded my tent to an actual house this morning fjdjkjgslh :) i am absolutely too scared to time travel forward.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Yeah, you go to islands to get other fruit. All the islands have coconuts on the beach and are usually mini versions of your island (so they have the same native fruit as you). A rare island will be full of tarantulas (which sell for like 8,000 bells and you have to dig holes in a box shape to catch them and jump over the other side so they don't bite you), have bamboo only, or have non-native fruit. I explain in this post how to increase your chances of getting a rare island: Animal Crossing: New Horizons Discussion

If you have the Nintendo subscription, you can visit other people's islands in order to get their fruit, though. (I ain't paying for that, though.)

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Yeah, you go to islands to get other fruit. All the islands have coconuts on the beach and are usually mini versions of your island (so they have the same native fruit as you). A rare island will be full of tarantulas (which sell for like 8,000 bells and you have to dig holes in a box shape to catch them and jump over the other side so they don't bite you), have bamboo only, or have non-native fruit. I explain in this post how to increase your chances of getting a rare island: Animal Crossing: New Horizons Discussion

If you have the Nintendo subscription, you can visit other people's islands in order to get their fruit, though. (I ain't paying for that, though.)
oh, so i guess the randomized islands you travel to using the nook ticket are just gonna have apples too? luckily i have a nintendo online sub but too bad i don't have anyone to travel to their island lol no acnh friends pepehands

oh yeah, i watched a video yesterday that went into great detail on everything about tarantula farming, so now if i get lucky i know exactly what to do :)))

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
oh, so i guess the randomized islands you travel to using the nook ticket are just gonna have apples too? luckily i have a nintendo online sub but too bad i don't have anyone to travel to their island lol no acnh friends pepehands
Occasionally nook mile islands will have other fruits, my native fruit is peaches but I've been to a nook mile island with apples. It's pretty rare that you go to an island with a different fruit, though.

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
well i only just started a few days ago so i'm not sure how much i should talk haha, BUT i've been looking at adding different fruits to my island too. i was really hoping i'd get peaches as my native fruit but instead i got stuck with basic bitch apples. I have the travel tickets (where you travel to a random island?) unlocked at the nook shop but have yet to try it, you can get different fruit from those islands right?? i've seen where people have done little sections of their island dedicated to each of the different fruits and i thought that was so cute, so i want to get all 5 fruit as fast possible so i can start growing early on. and by early, i mean i just unlocked the museum and upgraded my tent to an actual house this morning fjdjkjgslh :) i am absolutely too scared to time travel forward.

I got the non-native fruit islands and the bamboo island early on, but since then, I've just been getting boring islands. :(

I've heard somewhere that you can only find two non-native fruits (excluding coconuts) on one save file, so if you're missing the last two non-native fruits on your island, you have to go to a friend's island that has those fruits to get them. I'm only missing apple and orange trees now and it's annoying me lol.

Sep 21, 2019
The other day I decided to chop down all the trees in my town so I could get more of a "blank slate" for terraforming. Now I've got that blank slate, but sadly I realize that now all my houses are in the worst spots. >~<

I'd wanted to give them all yards, but with the way I've set them all up and terraformed, the houses are either too close together or too close to a space I wanna terraform. Speaking of terraforming, what have you all done with your towns? I'm trying to get inspiration for mine, haha!

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
😱 You chopped everything down?! You can eat fruit + dig it up with a shovel to put the trees in your pocket, you know... Anyway, I am terrified of having to try to pay to gradually move the stinking houses around on the island. Ug. Everything is a mess.

We unlocked terraforming today. Didn't realize you had to pay to get permits. Is there nothing Tom Nook won't nickle and dime us for?!

Probably gonna have to draw out our plan for town. No clue what theme to do. Want something rather symmetrical.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
You chopped everything down?! You can eat fruit + dig it up with a shovel to put the trees in your pocket, you know... Anyway, I am terrified of having to try to pay to gradually move the stinking houses around on the island. Ug. Everything is a mess.
Haha. I know! But my storage has been taken up by the clothes and furniture I've hoarded and I figured it'd be better to replant them later! XD
Probably gonna have to draw out our plan for town. No clue what theme to do. Want something rather symmetrical.
Since you mentioned you'll be planning your town, I just so happened to stumble across an island planner. Hopefully this will be helpful!
I also found some pretty neat terraforming ideas, too. I'm particularly fond of the clifftop museum.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I foolishly without a plan erased my town into a blank slate so I could build it up and I kind of regret it because it was so daunting, now my town is so ugly lol
I highly recommend planning first!

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
I finally unlocked terraforming yesterday, and I've already moved one villager's house because I ended up not liking where I placed them lol. I've also narrowed a river to make more room for paths, and started placing more streetlamps outside. But on the whole I have no idea what I want my town to look like, aside from making one part of it look urbanised and another part look rural. ^^;

Sep 21, 2019
A friend of mine had an Idea to base their island off of Tazmilly Village from Mother 3, so I want to do Onett from Mother 2! Also when are we gonna get a super long twintails hairstyle :miku_lili:
That’s really cool! I’ve never played any of the Mother series, admittedly, but I’ve know enough to know that’s a cool idea!
I was thinking I’d do a traditional Japanese styled town for mine, haha.
Also, yeah! Long twintails hair when? :miku_lili:

Reactions: Ika Musume
Sep 21, 2019
Has anyone run across any good tips for terraforming? I just keep finding extremely basic guides that just go over the features of terraforming.

I’m in need of good ideas… :luka_move:

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
Has anyone run across any good tips for terraforming? I just keep finding extremely basic guides that just go over the features of terraforming.
I've been seeing inspiration pics on Instagram, though they all tend to copy the Instagram hipster aesthetic you already see a lot in real life. Maybe check out the AC fandom on there?

Sep 21, 2019
Hey… if you all know anyone who’s got Ruby and would be willing to part with her for a few Nook Mile tickets, uh… 👀

By the way, I found a handy website for buying/selling/exchanging items/villagers. The only thing is that most people make completely outrageous bids or ask for outrageous amount of bells.:len_lili:

Reactions: WyndReed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)