• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Discussion

Sep 21, 2019
I just wanna put it out there (apologies if someone already brought this up and I missed it) I found out that time traveling is still possible, but you have to make sure the game is closed, then go intI system settings, turn off “synchronize clock via the Internet”, set it to the day you want, then exit settings and load your game! ^^

• Wow
Reactions: uncreepy

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Can confirm that I am now addicted to Animal Crossing. This game is beautiful. Feel dirty about time skipping extensively but did progress a few days to get the musueum and some more villagers. This will absolutely keep me busy in quarantine.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I would try skipping ahead, but I'm worried about the chaos that would happen if you try to go back to the proper date.

I tried making a shirt today, it was ridiculously hard to get used to the controls (took an embarrassingly long time just for one single decent shirt), drawing while mirrored, and the fact that the pixels warp/blur on certain spots (like around the neck and underarms. I also gave my character, Shirogane, some nice eyebrows (I didn't like the fact that Animal Crossing characters don't have any).

I was extremely disappointment to find out it's literally impossible to give them any sort of eye makeup or even draw bags under their eyes (if you draw a horizontal line above and below the middle divider, it places the lines above and below the eyes completely like a flesh-colored visor), because there's a single pixel of flesh color beneith the eyes that makes it look awkward and you can't draw on the sides of the eyes at all. : { So that means even drawing a cool scar around the eyes would be difficult.

I am patiently waiting around to find eye patches and different pants/shoes.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
I finally unlocked the town hall thing. Honestly, I really love the game but I do have two one nitpick: the lack of a changing soundtrack for each hour of the day and the fact that you have to pay to build slopes and move buildings. The slopes function like the the public works projects from New Leaf and that's what I dislike. Villagers never donated to the projects forcing me to pay off 100k+ bells myself. Hopefully it's a little better in this game. And the buildings... it wouldn't be an issue except it's about 52,000 bells to move one damn house. orz

On the bright side, the game feels very lively, and I like that I can talk to my villagers and give them gifts instead of having to mail them. Also the villagers seem more interactive, too. I'm also enjoying using the Nook tickets to travel to islands with stuff that I don't have yet.

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
It's good to know you can move the buildings, but I didn't expect it would cost that much to do it.

I have a question. In older AC games, you would deliver items for town folk and they would give you a reward, but so far they haven't given any jobs yet. Do they not do that anymore? Or do I just need more villagers? We only have 2 right now, but 3 more are coming tomorrow.

The one problem with this game that truly makes me feel slighted is that fact that the Resident Representative is the only user that gets to help Nook prepare the town. It's truly disgusting watching my sister's character walk into a building and get showered with compliments, get tons of free DIY recipes, and get to contribute to the town. But then when my character walks in, I either get no cutscenes regarding the changes (ex: Able Sisters after Nook's Cranny gets built), or get an extremely abridged version (oh, and no DIYs). Luckily, we both take turns playing as each other's characters and make sure we watch important cut scenes together and coordinate sharing our materials like wood/iron so our town can get ready for the next day. But it still makes me feel angry by the preferential treatment. I literally have no clue when I will be able to get the fancy DIY recipes she's gotten so far from Nook like citrus furniture and tons of wood stuff.

I feel like even though a lot of people are time traveling or have been spending a lot of time playing, I think it'll take quite a long time to get a house that has nice things inside of it or a really fancy town design. Especially with the amount of time it takes to build things (an entire day). I thought the bridge would be built immediately, but you have to wait!

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I think I only skipped ahead like 2 days in total and I'm fine with where I'm at now. Villagers have started giving me items to put in places and the interaction is really nice. I feel like they might start giving jobs once Resident Services moves into a proper building. It's so fun to just go through a routine on my island while visiting others for resources! At first I thought I'd have an issue with bells but honestly they seem to be coming from everywhere at this point so it's not worrying me. The huge loan repayment on the house expansion seems pretty manageable within a few days, even. Looking forward to what tomorrow has in stock!

Also, I like need Raymond. He's so cute!

Sep 21, 2019
I finally got my first task (besides placing furniture in town) from a villager. I’m really liking that you no longer need a golden shovel for money trees; instead you just have to bury bells in the glowing holes you find each day. The most you can put in is 10,000, but you’ll get 30,000 total once the tree grows!

Also, I was mistaken when I said there’s no hourly soundtrack. Apparently it doesn’t start playing until after you get the resident services building.

I like the book miles feature a lot; it reminds of the meow coupons from New Leaf but even better.

On a side note, since Amiibo cards function with this game I was gonna get some to move in my favorite villagers, but it costs $15 just for one… looks like I’ll be waiting for the off chance Ruby and Pecan move in. 😂

• Wow
Reactions: uncreepy and Aia

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I finally got my first task (besides placing furniture in town) from a villager. I’m really liking that you no longer need a golden shovel for money trees; instead you just have to bury bells in the glowing holes you find each day. The most you can put in is 10,000, but you’ll get 30,000 total once the tree grows!
I didn't know that! I have to try it once I see another glowing spot in my town. I'm quite surprised how much easier it is to make money in this game - even picking weeds can net you a lot of cash in one go. (Gaining Nook Miles on the other hand...)

The museum in my town is now being properly built and it should be done tomorrow (I'm not cheating by time travelling), but right now I have tons of fish tanks outside my house because I want to donate them later. :tongue:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
A tip I heard was that if you have the inventory space, you should craft Leaf Umbrellas with the weeds and sell them instead, since it sells for about twice as much. It'll also help with Nook Miles by doing DIY tasks! My Resident Services building is under construction and will be ready tomorrow, I'm so excited to see it.

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
I love the animal crossing series actually my favorite game series tbh and this is a rival with the gamecube one for my favorite right now! Here's my house rn I think its very cute and I also love all my little baby bugs

Attachments

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I think I’ll try time traveling backwards in time. I don’t want to miss a lot, but it’s likey that I won’t be able to play every day.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
My sister said that there is going to be an Easter event April 1 ~ 12, we're not sure how time traveling users will be affected. I guess be prepared to lose town members and have weeds run rampant if you try to adjust your time back to have the Easter event.
Not sure if doing something like this would help?:
Ex: Pretend my time is 1 week ahead of real life time
> Set the time backwards by one day, log in to talk to animals in town
> Set the time backwards by one day again, log in to talk to animals in town
> Repeat until game time matches real life

That being said, my sister and I decided to time travel slowly (maybe once or twice a day) after finding out you can't upgrade Nook's Cranny until a whopping 28 days have gone by (it's shut down on the 29th day and reopens on the 30th). That is just way too slow! Why can't it be unlocked by bells instead of real human days?

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
That being said, my sister and I decided to time travel slowly (maybe once or twice a day) after finding out you can't upgrade Nook's Cranny until a whopping 28 days have gone by (it's shut down on the 29th day and reopens on the 30th). That is just way too slow! Why can't it be unlocked by bells instead of real human days?
I've only just got Nook's Cranny today. :tongue: I don't time travel so the waiting time doesn't bother me, but I originally thought it was upgraded by bells too. (I'm pretty sure the earlier games had that requirement? I think you get the Able Sisters shop by buying from the travelling clothes stall that turns up after you get Nook's Cranny.)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
They said you have to spend 5,000 bells total and it has to be at minimum 2 visits with their clothes stand, then the 3rd day she announces they will stay.

I think we are only like 1 or 2 days ahead of real time right now (we're really slow in town). I guess we can only do an extra day on the weekends when we have more time.

I saw some really cool towns and am getting kind of jealous. I can't wait to be able to arrange our town. There are a lot of neat items in the game (and plenty of strange ones). So far, my house's theme is starting to shape up. It's traditional Japanese. I thought that I would have something cute or pink or something (maybe on a different room in my house), but the Japanese items just look too good to ignore. I will probably upload a screenshot later when it looks a bit nicer.

Sahara visited our town today. Me and my sister both bought 1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large rug. But we got the same exact rugs as each other. So maybe the stuff she gives you is in a certain order? When you buy from her, she gives you tickets that can be redeemed for a mysterious rug or wallpaper. My sister got wallpaper (was an ugly cityscape) and I picked a rug (was an ugly construction zone with a hole in cement). I didn't like the weird rainy wallpapers from the trailer, I feel like they look creepy (the bad kind of creepy). :S

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
AC is getting bad reviews online because of the restrictions I complained about before (how players who aren't the town rep are 2nd banana and get zero story line). People who feel bad that their family members/significant others are being treated poorly in the game are rating it low, which has resulted in the game receiving a 6/10 on Metacritic. (Another reason is that you can't have some sort of cloud saving to switch between Switches and can't have a 2nd island even if you own 2 copies of the game.) People think that if the game gets a bad score, the developers will have to notice and listen to their grievances.

I listened to more than one video on this, but I think this one was a good summary:

Like, me and my sister literally just got done commemorating the opening of the new resource center in town this afternoon. My character didn't even get to say a word and got ignored by Nook (as usual). Why can't they just let us have more lines to feel like we're helping with the town? It's annoying they took the time to edit the scenes to purposely give the 2nd player a ridiculously abridged version of the same scenes. I can't help but feel really blue and dread events, it really puts a damper on the celebrations. It's tinfoil hatty, but it feels like they just want to motivate the 2nd person to give up and get their own Switch/copy of the game.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Started yesterday and I love it!! Unfortunately I don't like the villagers I have so I hope I get new ones soon.

Is anyone here in the southern hemisphere? I heard you can get different stuff there.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Me and my sister picked southern hemisphere on purpose so that when it's hot summer in real life, we'll have winter in Animal Crossing. The one thing that is different is we aren't catching the same fish as most people on Twitter and we get scorpions instead of spiders. (Only saw like 2 scorpions but they disappeared.)

I can't wait to banish the ugly/weird town folk from our town when it fills up because of the visitor tent. Beautiful animals only. lol Go away, Rocket.

We talked to Celeste and got the recipe for the clothes changing wand, but every day it's been raining or cloudy, so we haven't been able to see shooting stars. (The sky has to be empty, you literally can't have ANY clouds.)
It can't look like this time stamped part:

I heard on Twitter you can avoid breaking tools by customizing them with color, it repairs the item. But I also found out that you can allegedly get a golden axe if you break 100 axes.

• Wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)