• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Discussion

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
So I recently got back into acnh..... and still waiting to get a computer so that I can paste the UTAU UI on it lmao. I have a desk and a chair but no PC :,(

I originally came back because of the swimming update (and because the mermaid diys are sosossooo cute) but ended up getting sucked into everything else. I've decided to take things a little bit slower than I did before I quit where I was super set on getting mats/doing nook miles dailies every.single.day. It was just very repetitive and boring for me and I think I ruined it for myself lol. Anyways so then I finally come back to my island to see that none of my villagers left!! And that my hair was a wreck :)

My island is still very much a sh^t hole of weeds and mislapced houses but yknow what? I don't even care in the least because I've decided to completely neglect my island appearance to focus on my interior deco and life IS GOOD :cyberdiva_ani_lili: I finished my tiny bedroom.
I'm thinking of expanding for another room again because I want to try making a bathroom. Plus um... I'm not willing to part with any of the 150+ fashion pieces I've got stored. Nope. I cannot.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Wow, that room is really cute! Thankfully, when you expand your house, your storage expands, too.
I gave up on taking the Nook Miles thing so seriously, too. It takes long enough just hitting rocks/burrying 10k in a glowing hole/checking shops that doing all that extra stuff was really a chore.
The mermaid stuff is really cute. But so far, we haven't gotten any pearls. I wonder if you have to get the recipes first, then he starts giving you pearls?

Unrelated, but we tried the amiibo card thing to get rid of putrid Joey, but it was a lot of work! It's like this:
Day 1: Scan amiibo to invite villager. They immediately show up at the campsite as soon as you exit the building. Have to craft something for them (if you don't have the recipe for what they want, they give it to you, which is cool cause getting recipes is hard).
Day 2: Invite the same villager again/craft for them again.
Day 3: Invite the same villager again/craft for them AGAIN. They are okay with staying at your town now. Have to pick one villager to boot. The camper villager goes over to talk to the villager you picked to leave, but they happened to already be packing their bags, so new villager moving in and lame villager finally leaving works out great.
Day 4: Because the villager that moved out was so putrid, Nook had to literally demolish their house and start construction on a brand new house for the new villager. (So it's just a plot of land blocked off.)
Day 5: New villager is in the new house with cardboard boxes.
Day 6: The villager finally stinking moved in and it only took a week. orz

Reactions: Krin

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
The mermaid stuff is really cute. But so far, we haven't gotten any pearls. I wonder if you have to get the recipes first, then he starts giving you pearls?
I've been wondering the same thing? For the past week that I've been back into acnh, I've made sure to spend at least 20+ minutes every day and so far I've only gotten a whopping 1 pearl :,)) while I already have 5 mermaid diys...? I tried looking online about pearls and it seems like they're just really rare. Which I mean wth, 90% of their diys take pearls. Nintendo really wants us to dedicate our life to this event (not surprised).

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
I on the other hand I have over 20 pearls and 3 diy XD Pascal doesn't believe in giving me diy :(

• Wow

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Yikes @Krin , I really don't feel like swimming around for 20+ minutes a day... orz I usually just do it til my inventory is full, then give up.
My sister has gotten the otter 3 times so far and I haven't gotten him at all. I don't know if the otter only comes to one person for the first catch of the day or if you both can get him (we had problems where there would only be one DIY recipe on the beach despite there being 2 of us, but I think the latest update fixed that, it was painful).
Some people seem to have had problems finding Pascal even though they caught a lot, it was apparently because their inventory was full without noticing or they had to go in a house/out of it to reset him.

I was suspicious it might be like how rare it is to get gold. The ACNH guidebook says you have a...
50% chance of getting stone on your island, 8% on mystery island
34% chance of getting iron nuggets on your island, 50% on mystery island
15% chance of getting clay on your island, 41% on mystery island
1% chance of getting gold on either island (I've had better luck getting gold out of balloons, 3/4 of my gold for this entire game playing since launch has been from balloons. Dumb.)

I on the other hand I have over 20 pearls and 3 diy XD Pascal doesn't believe in giving me diy :(
What is this wizardry? How are you doing that?

Sep 21, 2019
  • Wow
Reactions: Krin and uncreepy

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
List of today's heartbreaks caused by ACNH:

Found Celeste (I didn't realize she could be by the top of the cliff part, I just thought that her being by the water meant the actual beach parts), tried out wishing on stars for the first time. Sat there for an hour (while reading a textbook) painstakingly waiting for stars, staring at the screen, hoping, waiting, and praying. Basically at the start of the hour, there were 5 stars, about 15 min before end of hours, there were 5 more.

Me and my sister went back in time so we could attempt to get cherry blossom stuff (we're in the Southern Hemisphere in the game, so it's in October for us, we were in November though). Spent many hours trying to make a cool Japanese area with pedals I caught/dropped on the ground on some pink hand-drawn flower textures + bamboo + water + rock decorations + zen bridge. Added the picknic basket from Isabelle. Proceed to try to catch balloons every 5-10 min to get recipes for beautiful sakura items. Only get 1 recipe for a sakura clock the entire time. Decorate area with pink mums instead. Much pain. Much sadness. Check Reddit, find out everyone also had much pain and much sadness and gave up because it took like 4 hours for people to get a couple recipes. Why were they so generous with the Bunny Day balloons, and any other event is like underworldly hard?

Me and my sister have been being filthy cheaters by inviting the same character to our town through Amiibo once a day. When you invite a character, they will only live on your island if you build something for them 3 times on 3 different days. If they request an item be built that you don't have the recipe for, they give you the recipe. So we have been doing it so we get free recipes faster. Like, we don't have the Nintendo subscription so we can't go to people's islands and get stuff from them, so, uhh, yeah. Gotta get decorations somehow.

We finally finished the fossil part of the museum, and it only took like... 5 real months.
:ring_ani_lili:

Was dumb and didn't realize the Nook store rotates between flower packs/colors. (Thought you could only get rare flowers from the sloth guy.) So we finally were able to buy tulips and pansies/have the basic colors of each flower. But our town is overrun with tons of flowers, been trying to breed for at least 4 of every rare color, but it's not working out. Can't get blue... And need more purple hyacinths for lamps but only have 3 on entire island... So many roses... Red and yellow everywhere. Don't shoot present balloons into massive flower fields, it's like dropping them in water.

Edit: Forgot to mention that we have been getting recipes that are adorbs for fruit bowls and water with fruit in it and crud, but we still don't have a single peach or pear and my heart is crushed... I wanted fun fruit stuff on the beach. Dang you, ACNH!

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA

Fall update! It all looks really cute but sadly I didn't bring my switch with me to college so I'll be missing out on the fall festivities </3

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I literally haven't checked on my town in weeks... The pumpkin farming is interesting (gives me Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons vibes), but it isn't enough to draw me back in. I'm too busy with my uni dissertation to play games regularly right now. :(

Saying that, I'm also too scared to boot my town back up because I know there will be weeds everywhere lol.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I play like once a month right now too (not enough time, orz..) and I do have some new weeds here and there but not nearly as much that it would be a problem, so you should be fine!

I'm SUPER hyped for the pumpkins and all the other veggies in the future, I waited the whole time to see how that will work and how much space I'll need before I continue my town setup haha. But I went to look what I should do next yesterday and ah... I'm super overwhelmed, way to many things I still have to throw away and way to many buildings to replace. I wish everything wasn't so expensive >__<

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Is anyone else on here still playing acnh?
A little bit as of recently! I mostly came back for the cherry blossom event. luv my pink trees :miku_sakura_lili:

It's insane to think about how acnh was released a year ago now. I bought the game during the cherry blossom event so coming back to it again is such a weird feeling.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Erm... I'm pretty sure my villagers have died or something because I haven't booted NH up since last summer. Lol. ^^;

• Haha

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I've been meaning to pop on more and more often but I havent had much time for it recently. I did restart my island a little while ago, my goal for this one is to make it all pink themed and have all (or mostly) pink villagers.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I still play every now and then but then quit out of frustration because no matter how many balloons I pop I just don't get any diys... I wanted to keep decorating my island but I just don't have the items for it.. ugh.. 😒 50+ balloons and not a single diy, that's so stupid. Am I this unlucky or is the rate just really low..

Reactions: Blue Of Mind

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Me and my sister played a bit for the Sanrio thing but then immediately stopped playing after remembering our island is a mess and organizing stuff/terraforming takes way too long. I really wish they would do something with the Nook shop being tiny + add quality of life updates (ex: purchasing more than one item at once) so I wouldn't feel like I was making a bad decision/throwing away time whenever I decide to play the game.
:ring_ani_lili:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)