• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other EmVoice

Tortoiseshel

Aspiring Fan
Aug 23, 2021
Every once in a while I'll do a Twitter search for "EmVoice", and without fail, sprinkled among the tweets from the vocal synth community making fun of it, there will be people sharing music they made/like featuring EmVoice vocalists. From what I can tell, these people all tend to be older folks with an interest in audio technology and computer music, and not an interest in anime mascot characters. So, crazy as it may seem to us, it looks like they did indeed find a target audience who enjoys their tech for what it is. Although, judging by this recent price drop, maybe it's not all they hoped...

Honestly, I totally understand not wanting to be associated with moe uwu anime idol stuff, but like... just market it without any of that??? Don't immediately nuke your relationship with the very community who could have given the most success just because you think they're Cringe™! So unnecessarily hostile lmao

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Every once in a while I'll do a Twitter search for "EmVoice", and without fail, sprinkled among the tweets from the vocal synth community making fun of it, there will be people sharing music they made/like featuring EmVoice vocalists. From what I can tell, these people all tend to be older folks with an interest in audio technology and computer music, and not an interest in anime mascot characters. So, crazy as it may seem to us, it looks like they did indeed find a target audience who enjoys their tech for what it is. Although, judging by this recent price drop, maybe it's not all they hoped...

Honestly, I totally understand not wanting to be associated with moe uwu anime idol stuff, but like... just market it without any of that??? Don't immediately nuke your relationship with the very community who could have given the most success just because you think they're Cringe™! So unnecessarily hostile lmao
emvoice couldve kept a completely neutral, but distant position alongside the existing vocal synth fandom had the creator not....done...all that. im certainly someone who really loves vocal synths with no ties to anime/avatars. and while i may now lean on other snyths i feel have better quality than emvoice, i certainly would have stuck along for the ride to see what they had to offer. but man, nothing will repair the way the creator acted- why would i ever want to associate with that? we all like vocal synths, right? but it had to become a topic about anime and hating on virtual avatars for existing programs, for no good reason...

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Looks like there's a new emvoice voice bank called keela. She a female voice bank priced currently at 79$.

I think she sounds good and would of been something big like a Elenore in say the v4 era. She's a good sounding non ai vocalsynth. It's just that I don't see myself using a non ai vocalsynth currently. But I generally like her and glad emvoice isn't dead.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
This is a good deal, but this price is included editor? Or i have to brought it separately?

Another question... Maybe out of topic but im just curious. Why some people don't like emvoice? what's bad about them?
I listen a few demo and watch some tutorials, but i don't see anything wrong about them.
I mean it's working as intended, good ui, good voice quality out of the box, what it can go wrong?

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Several years ago, they spoke negatively about VOCALOID in their marketing; and some disgruntled former employees alleged that the creator wanted to avoid the existing anime-focused community. Looking at EmVoice's current social media, they seem to be following many small producers from the fanbase, so while EmVoice is obviously uninterested in mascot characters, their hostility may have been exaggerated. Nonetheless, these rumours left much of the fanbase with a lingering dislike for the engine. Personally, I wouldn't judge anyone who uses the software, since there's vocal synth companies who've done much worse than comparative advertising.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Another question... Maybe out of topic but im just curious. Why some people don't like emvoice? what's bad about them?
I listen a few demo and watch some tutorials, but i don't see anything wrong about them.
I mean it's working as intended, good ui, good voice quality out of the box, what it can go wrong?
you're right about all of that, back then when Lucy was still the only voicebank and the editor still a work in progress, both free, it was extremely well received, the infamy it's garnered is due to the developer unprofessionally bad mouthing a certain part of the community ( he's entitled to his opinion, but the way he did it was in extremely poor taste ) and on launch releasing the software ridiculously overpriced with basic functions missing like merely importing a midi file or creating a vibrato, on top of the software requiring internet connection to function and the demo being extremely limiting.

a lot of these things have changed since then but the reputation remains the same, and I don't begrudge people for that.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
This is a good deal, but this price is included editor? Or i have to brought it separately?

I think it includes the editor. Early on I think the owner has spoken out against vocaloid and it offended the community. It was also a bare bone launch and was priced at 300$ which turned people off of it more coupled with no avatars.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Eeeeh, enough time's passed that it's prolly hearsay at this point but I remember them being more hostile towards the userbase directly, so while the marketing certainly was a big factor, I personally recall it going beyond that too.

They could've changed their attitude since then but that's at least how I remember it from back then when it launched 🤷‍♀️

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Mostly I just refuse to pay for a cloud service synth tbh. So CeVIO's new engine is also blacklisted. But I do hope Emvoice does alright!

Reactions: poser

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
Ah, i see what happen back then. As long as they not use overpriced, overpromise, underdelivered strategies anymore, i'm fine with that.
Also, thank you everyone who spend time tell me the story.

Edit: After i tried the demo and... it's not so great for me, It's a plugin just like melodyne and need host (DAW) to operate, also their shortcut keys seems to interfere the DAWs that's make it feel awkward to use, though i can re-mapping the shortcut key in the DAW. Also, it has to be connected to internet all the time, this is the deal breaking for me, since i rarely connected to internet other than my phone. It's a good voice synths but not really fits my use.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)