• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other EmVoice

David K.

a Czech vocal synth user and keyboardist
Feb 15, 2019
Czech Republic
Did they increase her range? The website says it's E2 - A4, I thought it used to be smaller than that, but I can't remember clearly. The demo is still only 7 notes, though.
You're right, the original range was F#2 - C4, and with the beta 0.1.9, they increased it to E2 - A4. The highest note (A4) can be heard in my song "Why Are We Here" at 4:04. But then the plugin automatically updated to the new demo version which has only 7 notes. So I'm not able to create songs like this unless I buy the full version. But I totally get why the full version is pretty expensive - they did a lot of work on the synth and they keep updating it.

Reactions: uncreepy

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
You're right, the original range was F#2 - C4, and with the beta 0.1.9, they increased it to E2 - A4. The highest note (A4) can be heard in my song "Why Are We Here" at 4:04. But then the plugin automatically updated to the new demo version which has only 7 notes. So I'm not able to create songs like this unless I buy the full version. But I totally get why the full version is pretty expensive - they did a lot of work on the synth and they keep updating it.
It isn't a synth though

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I do not know how to feel about the voice. Something about it feels all over the place, if that makes sense. It seems like it wants to be multiple voice types in the same voicebank.
The song is very wonderful though. It reminds me of Daft Punk's music on Random Access Memories where they took a break from Techno, but still incorporated bits of it into the music.
It says a lot about the voice when I have more to say about the demo track then the voice itself, doesn't it :clara_ani_lili:

Reactions: morrysillusion

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Based on the Soundcloud comments, it looks like the producer of this demo was paid to create it. I am curious to see what happens with Emvoice in the future in terms of them trying to market.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I just meant that I had initially thought this was just a song by a normal fan they were promoting. But I guess that was dumb since Jay isn't out for sale yet. (My brain is literally fried more than usual from today.)

Reactions: lIlI

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
It really sucks that a new voice synth comes out in a time where vocal synth production isn't as hot as it used to be, and we all have to mercilessly shit on it lmao. I'm not saying its undeserved though. It's really stupid that Emvoice is /200 dollars/, when SynthV Basic is free and is a much better all around program imo. It sounds like whoever voiced Jay probably has a really good singing voice, but the engine does not flatter his voice at all. Lucy at least sounds cute.

But as a side note; When will these vocal synth developers finally understand that the market for voice synths in the west IS the market for vocaloid weebs birthed from Hatsune Miku and anime? The biggest name I can think of that ever touched Vocaloid in the west was Porter Robinson, and he is a huge anime dork himself. The only other demand that I can maybe see in the west is a niche that has already been taken up by Chipspeech (robotic vocals for electronic music and other media production) A super close to being realistic, yet uncanny valley flat synth vocal like emvoice just doesn't really appeal to anyone outside of the voice synth nerd bubble.

Last edited:

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Why does he sound muffled like a V1 but has the smoothness of a V4? He sounds like someone tried to import a V1 into V4 and XSY'd him with a V4 VB to hide the choppiness.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
They are also giving Tomas away if you brought emvoice at the old price point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)