• Hello Guest, recently a massive leak of e-mails and passwords ocurred on the internet. Please read more in here to see if you have been compromised.
  • Bookmarks are back! Read more in here.

General Discussion Thread

xuu

^_^
Apr 8, 2018
England
I'm not..sure? I don't think so. Koiwai Kotori is a seiyuu who likes DTM music, and she seems to be complimenting flower. Gynoid are shocked by this, and they're like "A seiyuu?!". People in the comments express hope that Kotori will one day voice a Vocaloid. It could be that she's voicing a new VOCALOID for them and that's why this interaction happened.

uncreepy

Visual kei enthusiast
Apr 9, 2018
USA

Me and the VOCALOID "v flower"-chan♪

I really like Vocaloids...!
There's no other voice that sings that clearly!

I got to hear a lot of Vocaloid producers' songs when I participated at Comiket, and I was secretly moved! (lol)

VOCALOID really is nice, isn't it
The comments just say it would be nice if Kotori became a Vocaloid or that they like listening to Vocaloid.

Voice actor-san...?!
Flower and Kotori are like vibrates nervous in the comments.

I think it doesn't sound like Kotori is flower's voice provider, I think the two are plotting to reveal Kotori's new Gynoid Vocaloid.

I couldn't find a very good example of Kotori talking, but I saw she voiced this character, here is a clip of her talking:

I don't think she sounds like flower at all, do you?

reactions: Mika

xuu

^_^
Apr 8, 2018
England
Yes, she's definitely not her voice provider. Even in the few anime OST I found, she doesn't have any similar timbre.

reactions: Mika

Exemplar

Hardcore Fan
May 17, 2018
@uncreepy She does not sound like Flower at all. I did find this clip of Kotori singing.

Flower is the total opposite of the cutesy singing voice hahaha

I was going to post the same tweets Mika did but I wasn't 100% sure what they were about (actually I wanted uncreepy to go through them first before I got anyone's hopes up).

reactions: uncreepy and Mika

Exemplar

Hardcore Fan
May 17, 2018
Gynoid is tweeting again about Flower, but i'm not 100% clear with mechanical translation about what's going on (I think it's about going on vacation after something is done and revealing/not revealing Flower's voicer). So i'll leave it up to the pros here.

Last edited:
reactions: uncreepy

uncreepy

Visual kei enthusiast
Apr 9, 2018
USA
The pain of a new Vocaloid is almost over:
It kind of started with this reply to the tweet saying there was 1 month left of pain.
Ishitama: Thank you for your hard work...!
Gynoid: Thank you! It was a relatively painful New Year's, but the feeling will go away when we cross the summit!
Just a bit left... with a bit more... we will make it through... the battle scene...!
Note: Wat actually calls editing the voice banks a battle scene, too. Making Vocaloids must be pretty "fun" for both Wat and the Gynoid twitter person to have both called it that multiple times, huh?

When this is done, I want a vacation~...
Yuu: Dumb question, but does gynoid-sama have company retreats and things like that...?
Gynoid: I have done things like paying my own money to stay longer before a business trip and taking a rental car trip!

About flower's voice provider:
Speaking of which, a few days ago, I got the chance to meet flower's voice provider. Usually, [voice providers] are at a different place from [their] Vocaloids, but as the years go by, each the aura/air, appearance, and voice [of the voice provider] has gradually come to resemble flower's. Strange, isn't it.
Weird, was the voice provider much younger than flower and is now basically the irl version of flower? The voice must've been voice acted if their real voice now matches hers.

Gynoid: I will not reveal [flower's voice provider]!
Shavelin: Will you ever reveal them?
Gynoid: If/when I think of an interesting way to make an announcement, it might be possible someday!
Pretty sure Kotori is not the voice provider of flower and really is for the new Vocaloid they have been working on. They wouldn't accidentally reveal her like that when they said they wouldn't, it was more of a teaser, I think.

xuu

^_^
Apr 8, 2018
England
Finally! :chika_ani_lili:
Guessing it just took most companies a while to get everything sorted with the transition to V5. Looking forward to it~

reactions: sangv

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I was scrolling through my Facebook feed this morning and apparently, IA and ONE are on TikTok!

Now, I don’t use TimTok or know really much about it, but at least IA is keeping up with trends? She’s now a virtual YouTuber and virtual TikTok star I guess

reactions: sangv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)