• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Eh, I'm not a fan of Vocaloids doing rap. It's been done right very few times, and someone experienced with the program should've been brought in for this, and they shouldn't have used Chris (no offense, he's decent, but Cyman probably would have fit better). But a lot of the comments are quite ridiculous, talking about how V5 killed Vocaloid. I do think it's silly that it was so expensive because it came bundled with 4 banks you couldn't not get, but I'm so sick of the "Vocaloid is dead guys!!!!" argument...

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
YouTube comments are usually a dumpster fire as it is, and the YT Vocaloid fandom is no exception. The "Vocaloid is dead!" myth has been debunked mutiple times on this board and VO back when it was alive. Yamaha did fuck up V5's release, but it's not the end of the program just because one release was botched (and let's face it, V4 wasn't impressive either in terms of updates and new features). If anything, the rise of CeVIO, SynthV, etc. will probably encourage Yamaha to be more daring with V6. ¯\(ツ)

At this point, I miss the crazy Len fangirls and fanloid praise on YT. 2009 was a more innocent time despite the annoying, immature fans.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I already love them! I really really really hope their voices aren't too squeaky, that's all I care about.
If they don't push V5 sales, then I don't know what will. They are so cute omg....

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I vote ZG just for my ever-growing love of Engloids (although then I'd be contractually obliged to buy it, to continue the trend of owning all ZG-loids, ahh)

Internet Co might jump on the train soon, but from Wat's complicated tweets I'm guessing Crypton will stay quite a little while longer.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I'm going to vote for ZG too because of this tweet
Unless I misunderstood something, the Vocaloid news from them were supposed to come a couple of weeks from last November but they also said it would possibly come a bit later so who knows when will there be an actual announcement. I still wonder if they are working on their Rock vocal or if they gave up on it...

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I'm kinda curious to hear what a english bank made with V5 in mind would sound like. To be honest I wasn't trying to be pessimistic about what Yamaha was trying to do the past few months. Maybe I was a bit on the impatient side

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
This morning I found out that Aka Akasaka who is IA's character designer and author of Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War drew her into a cameo of sorts (along with Miku) in said manga as cosplay worn by some background characters. I'm guessing this is fairy common info by now & I'm a bit late to the party. Maybe when the anime catches up to this point, they'll have a cameo in there too.

Last edited:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Late but I feel like Internet Co's maybe backed out of Vocaloid for good. Might just be me, but they cancelled their update plans (they said they were going to update Gumi Eng and now suddenly they have no plans for her?), they haven't released a brand new Vocaloid of their own since V3 (Una is owned by another company and is mostly handled by them)... I dunno. They've just been a very minimal presence for a very long time, though I would be happy to be proven otherwise, of course.

That being said, it'll be nice to see what Crypton finally releases whenever they get around to it, but in true Crypton fashion I don't expect it for a long while, haha. But that's alright, they're always working on something.

AHS has been super on it lately (for the past few years, really), and I feel like at this point in time they're the most active Vocaloid company in terms of releases/promotion/everything in general (aside from VSinger, anyway). I'm not sure if they plan on releasing another Vocaloid so soon after Sora though, unless yet another company comes along and wants to release something with them.

Zero-G's the only English company left, and it's been a while since their last release. They still seem invested in Vocaloid, so I do hope we get to see their plans sometime soon.

(There's the possibility of another Chinese company coming out of nowhere and releasing/announcing something too, with how active Vocaloid China's scene has been.)

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Zero-G's the only English company left, and it's been a while since their last release. They still seem invested in Vocaloid, so I do hope we get to see their plans sometime soon.
The English side seems to have gone really dead apart from whatever Yamaha (suddenly) releases. :(

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Late but I feel like Internet Co's maybe backed out of Vocaloid for good. Might just be me, but they cancelled their update plans (they said they were going to update Gumi Eng and now suddenly they have no plans for her?), they haven't released a brand new Vocaloid of their own since V3 (Una is owned by another company and is mostly handled by them)... I dunno. They've just been a very minimal presence for a very long time, though I would be happy to be proven otherwise, of course.
This is really sad but.. I guess it could be true. I mean, I can totally understand it from Internet's standpoint. Their only really popular Vocaloid is Gumi and most of their other voices were flops. Like, I really don't think that Kokone, Gachapoid, Chika and CUL sold that much. Also Lily V3.. :/ And I can totally see them feeling a bit like fools after putting in the effort to give Gumi 10 Voicebanks for V4s XSY (yeah, even if they are just repitched and programmed and stuff, it's still a lot of work) and then the feature being taken out completely in V5.. like how can they reasonably sell Gumi's packages now? They are kinda unnecessary now (I see that differently but I mean, it's not false..). This year is Gumi's 10th anniversary. If they don't do anything for her, like at least an album and merch and stuff, then we can 100% say they are out of the Vocaloid thing. :(

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Couldn't agree more with this part. I completely forgot Una is owned by another company, which explains why she has so much content recently but the other Internet Co 'Loids are kind of lacking. If you think about it, the last time they really did something must have been Gumi V4 in 2015, right?... I feel like Kokone and Chika were some of the worst performing V3s in terms of sales too, which can't have left a good taste in their mouths. They had a talented programmer and Internet Co Voicebanks tended to have really good quality, but I struggle to see them ever coming back to it now. With AHS, I'm wondering if they're currently working on something new. Assuming Sora was the Vocaloid they were working on before Akari (which explains why she doesn't have any of the V5 extras that Hime and Mikoto have), then they've not have anything going for almost a year now either. Strange world where Gynoid of all companies are the most active.

(There's the possibility of another Chinese company coming out of nowhere and releasing/announcing something too, with how active Vocaloid China's scene has been.)
I guess that Shanghai Wangcheng could reach an agreement with Yamaha and release Yuecheng and Chuchu on V5? Maybe even Yao Luniang, whatever's happened to her. If (and a big if here given there's not been news for 2 years now almost) Zing is actually going to get a VOCALOID voicebank I think she could bring some life back into the scene given that she's supposed to be trilingual, and at least we certainly have Yan He and Yuezheng Ling updates on the horizon.

@Mika even though 5 out of Gumi V4's 10 VBs were slightly retouched ports from V3, the additional 5 voicebanks that had to be recorded and configured made Gumi V4 the biggest VOCALOID update there'll probably ever be. I think that the massive financial commitment that would have took them plus the relatively lukeward reception (if I remember correctly) that the update recieved might have made Internet Co think twice about doing any more updates. I hope they'll do something for her anniversary, but I'd suspect it won't be based in VOCALOID now.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I don't think I need to have Uncreepy to translate something something this simple

It said watch the F1 opener. Sounds like Gynoid has something in store for racing fans. Or maybe not. I'm not 100% sure

I guess I really messed up that one

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I don't think I need to have Uncreepy to translate something something this simple

It said watch the F1 opener. Sounds like Gynoid has something in store for racing fans. Or maybe not. I'm not 100% sure

I guess I really messed up that one
"Watching the F1 season opening." Seems whoever runs their Twitter account just likes F1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)