• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
25 Brand New Baby Names That Moms Will Fall For In 2019

Lumi

Easily one of the most beautiful names on the planet, Lumi is the baby girl's name that is #Ready for 2019. With a short, crisp spelling, a signature "i" ending, and the "loo-mee" pronunciation, you've got all the reasons to pick Lumi. This Finnish name has a meaning of "snow"– everything about fresh snow represents purity and light. Lumi is the name that 2019 moms are buzzing around, although not many know that Lumi is also a Japanese Vocaloid. We absolutely adore Lumi.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I know a woman called Lumi^^ It's not super common as a name in Finnish though.
In fact, less than 3878 females have been given the name Lumi (and less than 22 males) in Finland. The civil register doesn't give exact numbers for rare names, that's why it says "less than x"

This inspired me to check how many people share a name with a Vocaloid in Finland (Cryptonloids as an example):
Here you can search names given at birth to people in Finland: Vrk:Väestörekisterikeskus
Miku: less than 147 men (?!), less than 20 women
Luka: 3264 men , less than 20 women
Rin: less than 10 men, less than 10 women
Len: less than 30 men, less than 30 women
Kaito: less than 20 men, less than 10 women
Meiko: less than 15 men, less than 15 women

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I know a woman called Lumi^^ It's not super common as a name in Finnish though.
In fact, less than 3878 females have been given the name Lumi (and less than 22 males) in Finland. The civil register doesn't give exact numbers for rare names, that's why it says "less than x"

This inspired me to check how many people share a name with a Vocaloid in Finland (Cryptonloids as an example):
Here you can search names given at birth to people in Finland: Vrk:Väestörekisterikeskus
Miku: less than 147 men (?!), less than 20 women
Luka: 3264 men , less than 20 women
Rin: less than 10 men, less than 10 women
Len: less than 30 men, less than 30 women
Kaito: less than 20 men, less than 10 women
Meiko: less than 15 men, less than 15 women
I never would've dreamed there were that many people who shared a Vocaloid's name.... :)

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Goodsmile Racing has revealed their race car for the 2019 season of Super GT series:

(There's no thread for Goodsmile Racing or Racing Miku, so I posted this here. I just wonder if anyone else here follows Goodsmile Racing/ Super GT? If yes, we could maybe make a thread for Goodsmile Racing fans)

Reactions: MillyAqualine

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Goodsmile Racing has revealed their race car for the 2019 season of Super GT series:

(There's no thread for Goodsmile Racing or Racing Miku, so I posted this here. I just wonder if anyone else here follows Goodsmile Racing/ Super GT? If yes, we could maybe make a thread for Goodsmile Racing fans)
I want that car. :)

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018

Longya is doing a really good job on not staring down Qingxian's blouse although Yanhe seems to be enjoying the view

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Miku got a boozy mixed drink named after her in an Atlanta area bar
Hatsune Miku at Brush Sushi Izakaya

Japan’s most famous pop star doesn’t really exist. Luckily, the warm cocktail named for her at Brush does. On TV, Hatsune Miku is the mascot of voice-synthesizing software, but, in a stoneware mug, it is an infusion of whiskey and spices with an umami punch. Bradford Tollson warms bourbon, sweet vermouth, honey, lemon, cinnamon and bitters with sencha green tea. Boozy without being too aggressive, it’s like cuddling in a jacket.

Brush. 316 Church St., Decatur. 678-949-9412, brushatl.com.
6 hot cocktails to drink at metro Atlanta bars this winter

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Found this on Vocaloid Amino. The original comment can be found on this page.

I have no idea how will yohio make an Yohioloid update happen when PFX is out of the game but it's interesting he sounds so confident. Maybe VocaTone will get help from a different (or new) company. It would be so cool to see them return with samples of their new Vocaloids, and Yohioloid V5 if it really does happen.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Found this on Vocaloid Amino. The original comment can be found on this page.

I have no idea how will yohio make an Yohioloid update happen when PFX is out of the game but it's interesting he sounds so confident. Maybe VocaTone will get help from a different (or new) company. It would be so cool to see them return with samples of their new Vocaloids, and Yohioloid V5 if it really does happen.
I think he probably doesn't realise that PFX is out of the VOCALOID game, and VocaTone as we knew it probably is too. I know for sure that there are still people working on projects but it's not likely that Yohio V5 will ever make it out of the gate given companies have their own projects LOL

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I think he probably doesn't realise that PFX is out of the VOCALOID game
Oh snap, you're probably right.

But Yohio IS the CEO of Keios Entertainment, so maybe he has money/clout to make it happen? Plus, Yohioloid was ranked 9th on SONICWIRE's best sellers of 2018 list. So... maybe there is a tiny shred of hope. I'm gonna pretend there is, anyway. Yohioloid V5! :yohioloid_lili:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Sever maintenance incoming on the 31st
PLEASE let this mean that there are VOCALOID(s) about to drop in the next couple months, even if it's updates. What if Crypton announce a surprise Luka update? LMAO.

I guess there's some possibiltiy Yohioloid V5 could happen, was Anders involved significantly or did another of the VocaTone members do most of the programming? If Yohio himself has the money he could probably pay Anders to develop the voicebank and broker an agreement with a company like Zero-G to release the DB on his behalf, for example, if YAMAHA are still being ridiculously difficult with new companies. We'll have to wait and see!

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)