• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yes, she's definitely not her voice provider. Even in the few anime OST I found, she doesn't have any similar timbre.

Reactions: Mika

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
@uncreepy She does not sound like Flower at all. I did find this clip of Kotori singing.

Flower is the total opposite of the cutesy singing voice hahaha

I was going to post the same tweets Mika did but I wasn't 100% sure what they were about (actually I wanted uncreepy to go through them first before I got anyone's hopes up).

Reactions: uncreepy and Mika

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Gynoid is tweeting again about Flower, but i'm not 100% clear with mechanical translation about what's going on (I think it's about going on vacation after something is done and revealing/not revealing Flower's voicer). So i'll leave it up to the pros here.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncreepy

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
The pain of a new Vocaloid is almost over:
It kind of started with this reply to the tweet saying there was 1 month left of pain.
Ishitama: Thank you for your hard work...!
Gynoid: Thank you! It was a relatively painful New Year's, but the feeling will go away when we cross the summit!
Just a bit left... with a bit more... we will make it through... the battle scene...!
Note: Wat actually calls editing the voice banks a battle scene, too. Making Vocaloids must be pretty "fun" for both Wat and the Gynoid twitter person to have both called it that multiple times, huh?

When this is done, I want a vacation~...
Yuu: Dumb question, but does gynoid-sama have company retreats and things like that...?
Gynoid: I have done things like paying my own money to stay longer before a business trip and taking a rental car trip!

About flower's voice provider:
Speaking of which, a few days ago, I got the chance to meet flower's voice provider. Usually, [voice providers] are at a different place from [their] Vocaloids, but as the years go by, each the aura/air, appearance, and voice [of the voice provider] has gradually come to resemble flower's. Strange, isn't it.
Weird, was the voice provider much younger than flower and is now basically the irl version of flower? The voice must've been voice acted if their real voice now matches hers.

Gynoid: I will not reveal [flower's voice provider]!
Shavelin: Will you ever reveal them?
Gynoid: If/when I think of an interesting way to make an announcement, it might be possible someday!
Pretty sure Kotori is not the voice provider of flower and really is for the new Vocaloid they have been working on. They wouldn't accidentally reveal her like that when they said they wouldn't, it was more of a teaser, I think.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Finally! :chika_ani_lili:
Guessing it just took most companies a while to get everything sorted with the transition to V5. Looking forward to it~

Reactions: ngoomie

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I was scrolling through my Facebook feed this morning and apparently, IA and ONE are on TikTok!

Now, I don’t use TimTok or know really much about it, but at least IA is keeping up with trends? She’s now a virtual YouTuber and virtual TikTok star I guess

Reactions: ngoomie

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Looks like Kotori and RYU filmed their first music video for DAW yesterday, so maybe we'll get an idea of how cutesy(?) voice actor-y vs metalcore-y Kotori's Vocaloid might sound (eventually). Not sure how long it takes for music videos to be made. Don't even know if they have a YouTube channel yet, either.

There were a lot of selfie tweets about it, but this one implies the music video is supposed to be "cool".

Here's a better picture. RYU is wearing pink and Kotori is wearing blue.
(For clarification to people reading this who don't know about BLOOD STAIN CHILD, RYU is male. He uses #男子 (#male) on Instagram, the band mates said "RYU is not a girl", the Japanese pronoun he uses is "boku" (masculine "I"). Kotori calls him RYU-chan in tweets, so don't get confused if we end up talking more about DAW as we collect information.)

RYU is the guitarist from BLOOD STAIN CHILD, at one point they had a female vocalist who sang normally/melodic and then they would have male screaming to spice it up. So I assume DAW's style will be similar.

Note: This is just assuming that Kotori really is going to be Gynoid's next Vocaloid voice provider. There isn't really any hard evidence other than Kotori and flower acknowledging each other's existence and Kotori saying Vocaloids are cool. It would be kind of funny if she wasn't the new VP. ^^; We'll find out next month or so if we're wrong, but I'm still going to pay attention to DAW while we wait.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Gynoid is starting to sell downloads of their v4 voicebanks on Amazon

It's interesting. If they we're going to make v5s of them, they would have waiting until they were out to put them up for download instead of v4s (sorta like how VSinger skipped out on releasing downloads of Yanhe & Ling on the western Vocaloid store). You think Gynoid was teasing an entirely new character this whole time?

Reactions: MillyAqualine

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
You think Gynoid was teasing an entirely new character this whole time?
I thought that we were all waiting for Gynoid's next Vocaloid, not an updated old one. 😅

flower and Xin Hua both got updated twice. (Flower had a V3 and a V4, and Xin Hua had a V3 and a V4 and a Japanese bank.) So do you think it would be weird if they eventually both(?) also got a V5? Or do you think it's more likely they would get a new character (the one that might be voiced by Kotori)?

I sort of remember a tweet where flower got jealous cause they were working on somebody's sound files. But I don't want to go back and look for it to reread it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)