• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
PLEASE let this mean that there are VOCALOID(s) about to drop in the next couple months, even if it's updates. What if Crypton announce a surprise Luka update? LMAO.
Luka IS getting an update, so it's not gonna be a surprise when it comes out (at least to those who read my chart). ^^;

Wat said that all Cryptonloids are getting Appends "for Luka's anniversary", which is on the 30th of this month, but I don't know if they'll be released all at once, one by one, immediately after her anniversary or late, or some time after. He has been tweeting about it for the last 2 years (especially this year and also demoing the VocaListener-ish plugin that Piapro is getting mainly with Miku talking/songs) and kept mentioning her anniversary as the implied deadline.

But this month he's been extremely quiet, not tweeting at all, and hasn't even shown demos for Kaito/Len/Rin yet. So I don't know if it's a coincidence that Yamaha is having maintenance the day after Luka's anniversary or if we'll really wake up to see new Cryptonloids in the shop, because Crypton don't seem ready to release the updated Cryptonloids yet in my humble opinion. OTL But I'm gonna pretend that they'll all be released on the 30th just so I can sleep at night and not die of waiting every day for over a year and translating tweets like crazy.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Luka IS getting an update, so it's not gonna be a surprise when it comes out (at least to those who read my chart). ^^;
AHH I forgot about that! Should have checked.
I guess it could be a surprise release, or he will announce them and release them one by one or something possibly starting with Luka? I'm looking forward to it!

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I guess we are going to hear something about v5 over the next few days.

By the way, I spotted an article about vocaloid in a music magazine put out by an Boston area college a few weeks ago Issue 54

Luo Tianyi got a quick mention in this article

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I hope we do get some info soon! I won't have the money for V5 until summer probably (I have too much of a 'collect em all' urge towards Engloids not to buy the premium upgrade and get Cyva and Cyman's """updates""", plus I'd like VY2), but if a Kaito update or a really good Engloid drops on me I might buy the bank and then just trick V4 into loading them for a few months :P

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Sever maintenance incoming on the 31st

It could end up being a big news day tomorrow (or possibly not, who knows). Along with the maintenance that will start at 9pm east coast time, AHS is also doing a livestream with Gyari at 6am east coast time

I have to be clear about the possibility that nothing can come from any of these.

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Oh man I’m bad at watching news on my absolute favorite Vocaloid haha

Avanna is clearly doing extremely well! And we’re very lucky to get a restock of her, but if you ever wanted her, you should still get her before she potentially runs out again—you never know what could happen!

I own multiple copies of her already but am still very tempted to buy another just to have a serial from the fresh restock haha

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Rhett and Link from Good Mythical Morning gave a shoutout to VFlower... kind of. They shouted out a twitter user with the handle of '4vflower' that made a joke about Finland not existing (at 5:50)

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: ngoomie

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Interesting!
I really wonder what's behind the decrease? Since the amount of money per person spent on Vocaloid was considerably less than last year.

The Soranews article says this though (about anime):

The first thing that jumps out is that yearly spending on anime, amongst the survey respondents, seems particularly light, at just 20,308 yen (US$183). That’s less than some hard-core fans will spend in a single trip through an anime convention dealer’s room. However, it’s worth noting that the way the data is classified implies that anime spending refers to exactly that: money spent on obtaining/watching the animation itself, ...
In the 2016 & '17 studies the Vocaloid category included related merchandise, but this suggests that this year money spent on Vocaloid figures fall in the Figures category, Cosplay/clothing and Doujinshi categories might include Vocaloid stuff etc. I think Yano Research Institutes way of classifying data explains most of the drop, but not necessarily all of it.

(I normally spend 10 000 yen or over per month on Miku, so to me 4900 yen a year average sounds really low haha
)

Reactions: ngoomie

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
TBH it looks like they asked half the people compared to both years before that as well. If I'm reading this right (I assume that's what the left column is)? That could also explain the drop since the sample size is half the size. They probably ended up getting answers from the fans who spend a lot less than others and it brought the numbers right down.

Plus like hamano said they maybe took figure merch and stuff and tossed it into other categories. So the expensive stuff may be in other categories.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I'm not entirely sure about this but going by the animal they gave Yanhe and what year it is, I think VSinger might have some plans in store for her

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Makes sense, they've already said they're working on an update for her. Hope we can see some demos soon.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I'm a bit confused because the machine translations are really bad, so can someone translate this please and tell us what's going on?
Do I understand this right that this was kind of a reveal of Flowers voicer?

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I'm not..sure? I don't think so. Koiwai Kotori is a seiyuu who likes DTM music, and she seems to be complimenting flower. Gynoid are shocked by this, and they're like "A seiyuu?!". People in the comments express hope that Kotori will one day voice a Vocaloid. It could be that she's voicing a new VOCALOID for them and that's why this interaction happened.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018

Me and the VOCALOID "v flower"-chan♪

I really like Vocaloids...!
There's no other voice that sings that clearly!

I got to hear a lot of Vocaloid producers' songs when I participated at Comiket, and I was secretly moved! (lol)

VOCALOID really is nice, isn't it
The comments just say it would be nice if Kotori became a Vocaloid or that they like listening to Vocaloid.

Voice actor-san...?!
Flower and Kotori are like vibrates nervous in the comments.

I think it doesn't sound like Kotori is flower's voice provider, I think the two are plotting to reveal Kotori's new Gynoid Vocaloid.

I couldn't find a very good example of Kotori talking, but I saw she voiced this character, here is a clip of her talking:

I don't think she sounds like flower at all, do you?

Reactions: Mika

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)