• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I thought it was from this post, but they just deleted actual Vocaloids to save space (but later got them back by the end of the thread). I looked in the Program Files > VOCALOID5 folders but I didn't see anything that looked phrase pack-ey at all. 🤷

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Mm, interesting! Thank you, @DefiantKitsune and @uncreepy! Once a person deletes them...I wonder if it will end up wanting to download them again once they're gone.... I'll have a look to see if I can find it. If that doesn't work, maybe the next time it wants to give me more of them it'll actually tell me where it's putting them (Can't remember if it included the path on the screen the last time I downloaded them offhand.). Could be they're in the user's particular folder, maybe, like Users > [Your Name] > Vocaloid 5 or something, since the particular VBs you have don't get applied to all users on the computer, I don't think. Then again, I'm pretty sure I was offered Haruno Sora's special phrases, and I don't even have her....

Having said that, now that I think of it, it'll be interesting to see how much space you save. I'll bet they're more like dictionary entries than new sound files, so the space they take up probably is relatively small. Even if it's only a few MB, it's still really annoying that you don't get a choice in the matter :miki_ani_lili:.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I'm pretty neutral to them. Don't ever use them, really, but I've seen people do some interesting/cute things with them. Party-P puts them in songs sometimes, and made one song entirely out of phrases for the V5s, which was neat. But I wonder if I've missed some, somehow. For example, Party-P used a sample of Chris barking in one of their songs, and when I asked what it was called they said something like "arf arf arrrf" but I don't see that anywhere?? lol

Sep 21, 2019
I'm pretty neutral to them. Don't ever use them, really, but I've seen people do some interesting/cute things with them. Party-P puts them in songs sometimes, and made one song entirely out of phrases for the V5s, which was neat. But I wonder if I've missed some, somehow. For example, Party-P used a sample of Chris barking in one of their songs, and when I asked what it was called they said something like "arf arf arrrf" but I don't see that anywhere?? lol
It's official then. I'm gonna buy Vocaloid5 and make an entire song of Vocaloids barking! XD

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I figured out what's wrong. I have heard the barking sample before in the past while checking out the samples. When I turned on V5 to confirm the file name for you, for some reason, I can only see the VOCALOID file type samples and no WAVs to be found.

This is how the editor is SUPPOSED to look:
wav.png

The barking is a wav, but I can't figure out how to get the wavs to show again! I think an update must've turned them off? Where are they hiding?!

You have to click the upper right button to get them to show, but as you can see, I have no WAVs:
wav2.png

Edit: I installed the newest V5 and repaired Chris, but nothing changed. The Meikas still have their WAV files (from that demo I downloaded)! RIP, stupid WAV files.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Leon

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I figured out what's wrong. I have heard the barking sample before in the past while checking out the samples. When I turned on V5 to confirm the file name for you, for some reason, I can only see the VOCALOID file type samples and no WAVs to be found.

This is how the editor is SUPPOSED to look:
View attachment 3013

The barking is a wav, but I can't figure out how to get the wavs to show again! I think an update must've turned them off? Where are they hiding?!

You have to click the upper right button to get them to show, but as you can see, I have no WAVs:
View attachment 3014

Edit: I installed the newest V5 and repaired Chris, but nothing changed. The Meikas still have their WAV files (from that demo I downloaded)! RIP, stupid WAV files.
Ah...do you have a Vocaloid selected under Voice while you're looking, by any chance? I can see some WAV files in my editor when I don't have a voice selected. Once I select one, the WAVs go away. (You can unselect a voice by clicking a selected voice...in case you're like me and that wasn't immediately obvious. :) )

Based on that, I assume the WAVs are associated with particular VBs, and you can only see the WAVs that correspond to the selected Vocaloid. Or all of them, if no Vocaloid is selected.

Edit: These WAVs seem like they might be stored in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VOCALOID5\Media\, but they're named with these unintelligible strings of numbers/letters, so I'm not sure you can figure out which file is which just by looking. The "Vocaloid" type files (the ones I mentioned guessing are more "dictionary" type) are probably in there, too. For me, this folder is over 600 MB in size, so it's hefty. Size could possibly increase the more VBs you have installed, I guess, though I don't have many V5s.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: uncreepy and Leon

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Ah...do you have a Vocaloid selected under Voice while you're looking, by any chance? I can see some WAV files in my editor when I don't have a voice selected.
Thank you so much! I was able to start up a new file in V5 without selecting a voice and the WAV files showed up.

How inconvenient. Anyway, there's the barking:

arf.png

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Tbh I enjoy some of the exvoice/ wav packs I do think it's very situational but could be nice for vocal chops. I think there should have some basic singing samples to hear how to tune the voice.

static-oceans

I feel so high in the blue, blue sky
Dec 2, 2019
I wasn't a part of the community really about a year ago, even though i have been a fan of vocaloid for about ten years now, i just kept to myself. so with this recent twitter drama going around rn i have to think, if even just a couple years ago an account like that would have even been acknowledged? 0 followers, cold takes, and all? i feel like no one would have paid attention and it would never have left an impression.

I may be wrong, but I feel like the community is at a very starved standstill position right now, and i think that makes us focus a lot on the small things, for better or worse. whether it be hopeful announcements or distasteful twitter accounts.

again, I may be wrong, it's just my theory. so, would the community have paid any mind to something like this, let's say, 2 years ago or more?

Reactions: TheStarPalace

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I knew people were mentioning someone on Twitter being rude, but I had no clue what was going on. I looked at their Twitter and it looks like I'm staring back at what we talked about recently on the Unpopular Opinions thread / the thread about edgy Western Vocaloid producers. I don't understand why they're taking other people's music so personally (like "So-and-so's song poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses!" level of pitchfork wielding kill-the-witchery). Whatever, not gonna say anymore cause I don't wanna start drama with strangers on the internet...

static-oceans

I feel so high in the blue, blue sky
Dec 2, 2019
my main question was whether an account like this would stir up as many people as it would have a couple years ago; i'm wondering how this would have been taken in the past.

the account's content itself is all mostly run into the ground :0

Sep 21, 2019
a twitter account @/ vo//call//outs is "calling out" a bunch of producers and such and spouting their takes on things. probably to get a reaction
I think a lot of these people who make call out posts need to stop, or at least do more research. I haven't looked at this account (nor heard of it until now), but a lot of these people who make call out posts seem to base it on stuff they've heard (with no evidence) and most of the time the stuff they heard were baseless rumors from people who want attention or Internet credit.

Of course, there's also call outs that are based on misinformation (I mean Vocaloid Wiki literally called out a producer by name because the person had made Kaito into an UTAU, which Voca Wiki deems illegal (putting a Vocaloid into UTAU isn't against to the ToU/ToS, but distributing it is), and while understandable, it exposes the person they called out to a lot of unnecessary drama and hate as well as potential harassment.

(Sorry for the long post. orz)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)