• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Project Diva Discussion

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
from the interview published on Famitsu magazine, a nice detail:
the theme song of the game is about "the past 10 years, the next 10 years of Project DIVA" *^-^*

Reactions: Wario94

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Saw this article regarding the Famitsu Interview with some Translations. Project Diva Mega 39’s Was Decided For Switch Because The Series Was Originally Portable
I'm interested in how they might be integrating the Joy-Cons into the gameplay. Since the translation mentions the Switch's portability, I'm assuming the game will work in both docked and handheld mode, but some modes might be exclusive to docked mode. (It mentions that Easy Mode requires Joy-Cons.)

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
I'm starting to think what if that it might contain this upcoming voice-cover synthesizer known as CHERRY PIE for Project Diva MEGA39's?

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
hehe :33333

tip: if you don't have a Switch yet, don't buy it now, because very soon it will be announced Switch Lite (more portable, better design and better battery life), while later in the year it should be time for Switch Pro (made for who want to play 99% of time in front of TV)
and here it is ^-^

release date is September 20 in Japan, price 19.980yen ^-^

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
and here it is ^-^

release date is September 20 in Japan, price 19.980yen ^-^
It kinda looks like a PS Vita. Seeing how small it is makes me kind of want the bigger version. *not a huge handheld fan* Good to know when it's coming out and how much it is, this information came out sooner than I expected.

I'm starting to think what if that it might contain this upcoming voice-cover synthesizer known as CHERRY PIE for Project Diva MEGA39's?
I seriously doubt it. Cherry Pie is just a real-time voice converter aimed at livestreamers or "easy/quick" tuning for producers.

The game is basically just a port of Future Tone from the PS4 to Switch with a new cartooney shader and like 10 new songs (which would be songs from popular producers that people are already listening to or maybe that have been playing at Miku concerts already), so it's not like they're gonna quickly slap together a song with Cherry Pie and quickly make an animation for it to play in the game.

I was excited for this game until I realized that it only had a few news songs, I don't think I want to spend like $50ish on a "new" game with tons of old content that I already have on the PS4. It seems Sega keeps rehashing the same old songs throughout multiple games. I was expecting something new, I guess, such as songs from concerts (just slap a background on their dance routine animation, it would've been good enough). Will either pass on this, wait until it's in the bargain bin, or see if the songs go on the PS4 as a download. Hopefully the Switch version is easier to play than the PS4 version, I hate those stupid shoulder buttons Future Tone has compared to Diva F/F 2nd/X. (end mini rant)

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I was excited for this game until I realized that it only had a few news songs, I don't think I want to spend like $50ish on a "new" game with tons of old content that I already have on the PS4. It seems Sega keeps rehashing the same old songs throughout multiple games. I was expecting something new, I guess, such as songs from concerts (just slap a background on their dance routine animation, it would've been good enough). Will either pass on this, wait until it's in the bargain bin, or see if the songs go on the PS4 as a download. Hopefully the Switch version is easier to play than the PS4 version, I hate those stupid shoulder buttons Future Tone has compared to Diva F/F 2nd/X. (end mini rant)
the 2 new songs unveiled with the announcement are actually from concerts (Magical Mirai 2016 and Magical Mirai 2018), and there will be a DLC song pack for Future Tone DX (PS4) later in 2020 with the new 10 songs ^-^

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
the 2 new songs unveiled with the announcement are actually from concerts (Magical Mirai 2016 and Magical Mirai 2018), and there will be a DLC song pack for Future Tone DX (PS4) later in 2020 with the new 10 songs ^-^
Thanks for the information!

I found this video explaining the differences between a normal Switch and the Switch Lite to be very helpful:

Biggest difference is you can not connect it to a TV, so it's basically just a normal handheld.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Biggest difference is you can not connect it to a TV, so it's basically just a normal handheld.
Wow, that's quite a turn-around. Wasn't that the console's signature feature--that you could dock it and use it like a major console, and then switch it to handheld mode and just take your game with you? It's not like the thing isn't successful, but I guess there's still a market for a more direct successor to the 2/3DS, too.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Wow, that's quite a turn-around. Wasn't that the console's signature feature--that you could dock it and use it like a major console, and then switch it to handheld mode and just take your game with you? It's not like the thing isn't successful, but I guess there's still a market for a more direct successor to the 2/3DS, too.
that's correct, Switch Lite is more like the true successor of 3DS/2DS ^^
and yes, they could put the TV-out feature thanks to the USB-C port, but there isn't such a feature in order to push the original Switch sales (and the future Switch Pro revision, which I heard it looks like a Wii in terms of size of the console and it only supports the TV mode, because no screen)
Nintendo said some time ago that Switch is a family of consoles ^-^

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I love the turquoise Switch Lite! It reminds me so much of Miku (in fact, you could easily stick some Miku decals on it and turn it into an unofficial Miku Switch), but I already have the original Switch so I'm not planning on buying a Lite model.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I love the turquoise Switch Lite! It reminds me so much of Miku (in fact, you could easily stick some Miku decals on it and turn it into an unofficial Miku Switch), but I already have the original Switch so I'm not planning on buying a Lite model.
I had this same thought--the first time I saw that image, I thought the Switch was Miku-themed. The shade of turquoise is just too perfect.

Think there might be a bundle of that Switch and Project Diva Mega39’s in the future?

Mantis128

"Clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight"
Apr 9, 2018
Kind of disappointed that we're not getting that many new songs. I would easily settle on a game of only 30-40 songs, if it meant we mostly got newer content.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Project DIVA team is running on Twitter a questionnarie, asking if you are interested in buying a dedicated Project DIVA Arcade controller that resembles the original of Project DIVA Arcade Future Tone:

A. I'm interested in PS4 controller
B. I'm interested in Nintendo Switch controller
C. I'm interested in both controllers
D. I'm not interested

release date is 2020, expected price is 30.000~40.000yen (excluding tax)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)