• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Project Diva Discussion

Sep 21, 2019
Hooray! They put Roki in and gave it an actual PV!

(Also, what's the song directly above Roki? I don't recognize the PV nor the name, and I'm having a hard time reading the katakana.)

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
This game's announcements sure have been keeping me on my toes.
My bet for the last two songs was either Roki or Unknown Mother Goose for 3D PV and Bring It On for the 2D PV but it seems not!
Still, I'm happy my prediction for Kagamine songs in December was right, I just didn't expect Jigsaw Puzzle for Len : o
Although... I do prefer the original with MikitoP and Rin instead of the Rin and Len version that is going to be used for Mega Mix, I dunno, I really like their synergy of a Vocaloid and human singing together - for the concerts is understandable but in the game it could have been left as it is.

And just reading the webpage update I came across this and...
こちらはPV全編が動画のためキャラクターのカスタマイズはできませんが、本作のために新たに作成した映像なのです。ご期待くださいね。
This is a video created entirely for this work, although the entire PV is a video and character customization is not possible. Please look forward to it.
It might not be a totally accurate translation but that's doesn't sound good...!

Especially if they aren't making new outfits for the song? Buuuut due to the fact that -possible- new modules have been kept really quiet and we are just seeing Miku's Catch the Wave module maybe they'll release an update regarding modules on January? At least I really hope... ^^;
I really wonder why they'd make unable to change the characters, remind me of Project Mirai... unless MikitoP requested it? :c

Additionally, I thought the picture of Rin and Miku next to the Eiffel Tower was a photo mode but it seems it's just from the opening video, aww ;~;

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
This game's announcements sure have been keeping me on my toes.
My bet for the last two songs was either Roki or Unknown Mother Goose for 3D PV and Bring It On for the 2D PV but it seems not!
Still, I'm happy my prediction for Kagamine songs in December was right, I just didn't expect Jigsaw Puzzle for Len : o
Although... I do prefer the original with MikitoP and Rin instead of the Rin and Len version that is going to be used for Mega Mix, I dunno, I really like their synergy of a Vocaloid and human singing together - for the concerts is understandable but in the game it could have been left as it is.

And just reading the webpage update I came across this and...

It might not be a totally accurate translation but that's doesn't sound good...!

Especially if they aren't making new outfits for the song? Buuuut due to the fact that -possible- new modules have been kept really quiet and we are just seeing Miku's Catch the Wave module maybe they'll release an update regarding modules on January? At least I really hope... ^^;
I really wonder why they'd make unable to change the characters, remind me of Project Mirai... unless MikitoP requested it? :c

Additionally, I thought the picture of Rin and Miku next to the Eiffel Tower was a photo mode but it seems it's just from the opening video, aww ;~;
it's a fixed video, you can't change the modules, so is more like a 2D PV rather than a 3D PV hehe
probably is also related to hardware limitations and to avoid any possible problem with different modules (usually for 3D PV, they check every single module, and if something is not right, they fix the module or the PV itself) ^^

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Seeing Roki really made me happy but finding out it’s a glorified 2D PV has got me bummed again. I really hope Sega will make another project after this because this seems pretty filler and after project diva X they need something good to get out there again. I’m still debating whether I’ll buy the DLC Roki was going to be my deciding factor but since it’s close to 2D I’m leaning more towards waiting for what Sega does next. I haven’t even seen a lot of hype or discussion for this DLC/game which is sad. Here’s to hoping for a project diva f 3rd or extend.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Well yeah, what can you expect, it's pretty much just a port.
Still pretty disappointing after waiting so long!
Hope they can get enough money off the Switch release to make a new, proper game.
Just comparing this to Project Diva f... man, such a difference. THAT was an exciting, new game.
Switch games are printing money, so I hope this can reach more people too!
I am enough hardcore to still get the game anyway to also give it a slight boost xd

Sep 21, 2019
Aw, man. So Roki's just a glorified 2D PV? I could understand if it ends up being cool like Aku no Musume/Meshitsukai's PVs in PjMirai (the storybook style PV was really unique and cool), but if it's not, that's gonna be a let down...

Tbh, all I really want is an F3rd. F and F2nd had great song lists and it didn't feel like they were just giving all the good songs to Miku. It felt like it was a good balance between singers. Also, the PVs were so good. (But I'm biased 'cause those were my first PjD games, haha.)

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
on December 27, Famitsu will host a special broadcast of 139 minutes (20:00 ~ 22:19) about Project DIVA MEGA39's, with the creative director, the producer, Miku Dayo and Miku Nano ^u^

there will be new information about.. hehe (❁´◡`❁)♪♪

• Love

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Interestingly, F 2nd was criticized in Japan for having too few new songs as well. (Especially compared to F).

It was the first time WE got those songs, but some were making their 4th appearance by that point.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Mikunano (ミクナノー) is the person who dresses up like Miku and wears a mask and I think they go to a lot of official events as a guest.
Here's a random video I found with them in it (in the 2nd half):
Wow, that's freaking crazy. That mask really works! I mean, it looks good!

Thanks for the info! I'd never heard of Mikunano before.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I guess since it's interesting, I'll mention that Mikunano wears a type of cosplay called "animegao kigurumi (アニメ顔 着ぐるみ / anime face costume). The cosplayer wears an anime-style mask and covers their skin with a flesh-colored bodysuit. They usually don't talk and instead gesture, and it doesn't matter what the wearer's gender is.

Sometimes people who wear this type of outfit have their own original characters. I think the most famous example is Lulu Hashimoto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)