• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

hamano tries to draw

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I seem to repeat myself a lot; I hope I'm not getting less believable. I'll say it in emoji form:
:love:
That's fantastic work, hamano. It really looks like the last day of school or something--there's maybe some of that sort of emotion on her face, plus surprise at the appearance of whoever just joined her on the roof. And you did an awesome job on the background and the sunlight.

Reactions: hamano and uncreepy

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Thank you! I had some trouble with the background initially, I had an image in my mind but it took a while to get it right. I don't like making backgrounds, but I'm trying to get more comfortable with doing them. Background is so important in creating the right atmosphere for an artwork, that I had to put time into it.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The art I posted a preview earlier is finished now, you can view it on pixiv
here (underwear)

I wanted to try out a dakimakura-like illustration for the first time.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I think you might need a Pixiv account to view it, but I'm sure it looks really pretty as always! (Your WIP version certainly is.) Glad to see you doing something you've wanted to do!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Yeah, I just realised you do need to sign in to view it. The thing is that I believe on pixiv it's advised to mark artwork with underwear as "mildly suggestive", or whatever the term was, and it just occurred to me that it won't be viewable unless you're logged in. My apologies!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Normally posting sketches is something I don't do, but I'm making an exception now, because due to work keeping me busy I can't really see myself finishing this anytime soon. This is a "stage 3" sketch (semi cleaned up). I wish I had more time and less fatigue so I could work on this, I like the shopping theme I decided on.

20200605_223004.jpg

AALLF

I create symphonic metal/rock using Gumi.
May 20, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
I just skimmed this thread and went from page 1 straight to page 4, but I just had to say your art is amazing. I don't know much about drawing, but you improved so much. I'll look at the other pages when I have more time.

Reactions: hamano

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Thank you!
To tell the truth I'm kind of ashamed of my older stuff and can't really bear looking at them (especially the few ones from the time I drew traditionally without any proper tools).

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Nice! This must be the shopping image you mentioned awhile back. Good job! Looks like she's having fun. Wish I were there!

(Wow, that sounds weird--I'm not even a big shopping person. But it does look like it would be fun.)

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
I love this!!! It looks very neat and clean and I especially love how shiny her hair looks! I agree with mobius017, shopping with Miku would a dream 🥺

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)