• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku at Coachella 2020

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Ah, Doja Cat will be there too! My best friend loves her. I'd love to surprise her with tickets... but we don't live anywhere near Coachella, and tickets are, what, $200 a pop? Mm...

Still, that's amazing that Miku will be a performer! I hope this helps boost her popularity.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah, this is pretty awesome! I hope she does both English and Japanese songs, and not just the super well-known ones like World is Mine. I've never had any interest in going to Coachella, but I hope any synth fans who do, enjoy her performance!

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Hmmm... never heard of coacella before, but google says it's some music event in america. It's good to see Miku performing in events other than her own concerts too.
Coachella is basically a weird outdoor concert thing where tons of Instagramers and YouTubers flock to in order to take selfies of them wearing weird outfits each day there (usually things like strange chaps and bikinis). People never talk about the music there (at least I haven't heard any coverage of the music, it always produces drama with the type of C list stars I mentioned), it's just known for insiders to make connections (people like make up artists get in to Coachella for free because of connections like being a product endorser, too). I honestly feel like if a Miku fan goes just to see her without having seen pictures of Coachella to mentally prepare, they will probably be in shock (lol).

I just hope it doesn't turn out like that nightmare-inducing appearance of Miku on the Late Show with David Letterman (as in a really questionable English song). If they just had her sing some of her most popular, most catchiest songs, then I would be happy.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Here are a few links for anyone who wants further information about Coachella. (Until recently, I'd thought it probably had something to do with women's handbags, so you're not alone....)

Wikipedia
HelloGiggles

It sounds like an incredible opportunity for Miku/vocal synths, so I'm really happy! Hopefully any drama about the fashion stuff won't get associated with her.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Coachella is basically a weird outdoor concert thing where tons of Instagramers and YouTubers flock to in order to take selfies of them wearing weird outfits each day there (usually things like strange chaps and bikinis). People never talk about the music there (at least I haven't heard any coverage of the music, it always produces drama with the type of C list stars I mentioned), it's just known for insiders to make connections (people like make up artists get in to Coachella for free because of connections like being a product endorser, too). I honestly feel like if a Miku fan goes just to see her without having seen pictures of Coachella to mentally prepare, they will probably be in shock (lol).

I just hope it doesn't turn out like that nightmare-inducing appearance of Miku on the Late Show with David Letterman (as in a really questionable English song). If they just had her sing some of her most popular, most catchiest songs, then I would be happy.

Now the image I have is a congregation of dumb instagram girls and loganpauls haha
If that was the case I'd prefer Miku not to be there

Anyway, I hope that in terms of songs being performed, they'd stick to popular hits and not try to include new music created specifically for the event (that concept rarely works and usually ends up being a but cringy. It'd be even worse if Miku did a collab with some random local artist...)
The vast majority of the audience won't be familiar with Miku I presume, so it makes sense to perform songs that are popular among her fans. That'd show a pleb audience what her concerts are like. Just please, please don't let Miku's performance be a cringe manifestation. Just handle it as if it was any other Miku concert.

Sep 21, 2019
This’ll be some great exposure for Miku assuming they do it right and choose the right songs!! I hope they do English and Japanese songs in order to reach the best amount of attention since some adults in the west can be kinda dismissive of music in other languages because they can’t “understand it”. (Not insulting them, just stating a mindset that I see a lot.) :yohioloid_lili:

(But maybe Coachella appeals more to young people? I’ve heard of it before, but I’m not super familiar with it.)

Just please, Crypton don’t do World is Mine. It’s not a bad song, but it’s old and not the best use of the software. (A Mitchie M song or a different Ryo song like Melt or Odds and Ends would be good choices because they really show of how capable the software is.)

(And no Sharing Your World, please. It’s not a bad song, but if you’re looking to impress… that’s not a great showcase of Miku English…)

They should totally play Anamanaguchi’s Miku. It’s a certified bop.

Also, Kyary being there is pretty cool, too! I don’t listen to her songs much outside of Vocaloid covers, but it’s still cool she’ll be there!

Reactions: uncreepy and Aia

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018

Weebs

Normies exit the moshpit, weebs rise up: vocaloid megastar Hatsune Miku is one of the biggest surprises on this year’s line up – (blue) wig! The virtual idol was first created by Japanese software developers at Crypton Future Media way back in 2007 as vocaloid software. Over the years, anyone with the software has been able to produce a track with her, and around the songs, a fandom has formed for the blue pigtailed girl. And you bet they’re tearing themselves away from VocaVerse and Crunchyroll to back our virtual queen.

Sep 21, 2019
The year is 2020 and the media is still either trying to be hipster or make fun of(?) people with interests outside of the "norm". I really don't know which one Dazed is trying to be... smh. Can't people like what they like? You don't have to be a weeb to like Miku... at the end of the day, she's pretty much just a musical instrument with a mascot attached.

(Also, I think it's tacky and unprofessional that they're implying these groups they mentioned are shut-ins who live their lives on the Internet.)

I wish people would quit using the words "weeb" or "weeaboo" and stop acting like people who like Japanese stuff are somehow not normal. Sure, there's some weird people out there who like the stuff, but there's plenty of people into "normal" or mainstream stuff that are weird.

(Sorry if I sound like a Debby downer. ^^")

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
That's funny to me since most of the Coachella crowd when I was younger were hippies and non-mainstream musicians-hardly "normies".
Surprising to see an article name dropping Vocaverse though :oliver_lili:
I also really liked that British GQ article and how they went into the effort it takes to put on a virtual concert and how the vocaloid music scene is an "online collective".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)