• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
I'll share a recent Miku illustration with everyone! Wanted to also contribute to the Miku album as well~

Hope everyone had a great Miku Day! :miku_move:
Hey Razzy! I saw your art in the Fanforge contest, looks nice on the mockup! She probably looks better if she's placed near the bottom, but it's your design!

Also managed to submit a design. First time doing this in Illustrator though.

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Hey Razzy! I saw your art in the Fanforge contest, looks nice on the mockup! She probably looks better if she's placed near the bottom, but it's your design!

Also managed to submit a design. First time doing this in Illustrator though.
Thanks! Yeah, looking at the comments and feedback I got, there seems to be a million ways I could have arranged/changed the design. I honestly don't know which is best
I'll keep that in mind!

Your design looks really cool! I dig the way you drew the wings, good luck!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hey everyone!

Mikuration picks for May are in the OP! In view of the time of year (or at least what will soon be the time of year), I went for a summer theme this time.

"Last Summer Memories" by SuketchP

I'm not so great at genre identification.... It reminds me of other songs I've listened to, but I don't know that it quite fits with what little I know of the defining characteristics of the genre names that are coming to mind. I'm going to say this is electronic dance or electronic pop. Regardless, it has a really upbeat, happy beat that would be easy to dance to. I haven't found any lyrics for it, unfortunately, but it certainly sounds hopeful. Though by its title, it could be an enthusiastic account of days that have already gone by. Certainly that fits with Miku's voice, occasionally sinking from a sprightly middle range into poignant lower tones or reaching up for sweet higher ones.

"Bring Back Summer" by sizimi

This is a spirited rock song with some really pretty vocal melody. You can really hear Miku's nostalgic excitement, and nostalgic bittersweetness, as she reminisces about a past summer love. From what I can tell, the lyrics have some really pretty descriptions of summer days, too, so it's perfect for anyone who wishes that summer would GET...HERE...ALREADY! ( :) )

"Pictures from Miku's summer vacation" by Lillefix =^.^=

I actually had another image picked out, but I had some issues with embedding it. However, I like this one as well. It shows Miku looking out over a rather rugged, wild-looking river. It's a good image of something she might have done on a summer vacation or other trip to see some nature! Adding to the cool factor, this looks like it was done by a Miku fan who took a figure along on his/her vacation and posed her at different spots along the way. The perspective is really well done--maybe it was handled with image-editing software or something, or else just posed really well, but Miku looks life-sized next to the rocks and river. And it's inspiring that a fan was devoted enough to take Miku along on their vacation and do little shots like this.

Just for fun, I'll share the other image I was looking at below:

I found this image on Amino (Miku Summer Challenge | Miku Hatsune Amino), but it was originally from WallpaperMaiden (https://pm1.narvii.com/6427/d03275418039142404ca02a66da942830156cae8_hq.jpg). (Wallpapers on WallpaperMaiden seem to be free to download, too, FYI!) Unfortunately, I haven't found the original page on WallpaperMaiden, so if they list the image's original creator, I haven't been able to find it.

I really like this one. Overall it's just pretty in general. I also like birds, so seeing the gulls interact with Miku is cute. If you look carefully, Miku's also holding a jar with a rolled up piece of paper in it, which might be intended to be symbolic of the way Vocaloid/her music spreads around the world--once set off on the current, there's no telling how far her notes will go. But probably one of my favorite features in this image is the inclusion of the contrail--what's more summery and exciting than seeing the path of a jet cut through that cool blue sky, headed off for who-knows-where?

Hope you guys enjoy those! Next up for Mikuration is @hamano!

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Mikuration picks for May are in the OP! In view of the time of year (or at least what will soon be the time of year), I went for a summer theme this time.

"Last Summer Memories" by SuketchP

"Bring Back Summer" by sizimi
Wow, you found some really lovely summer songs, these are so lovely to listen to! Nice! And they both certainly have an uplifting beat :miku_rylitah:

And I did some searching, and I believe I found the original source of the Miku illustration:

On Pixiv and Piapro
The illustration is by あさひクロイ, or あさひ
Really nice picture finds, both seem to say "summer" to me, despite their similarities and differences!
It definitely feels like summer already now

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Wow, you found some really lovely summer songs, these are so lovely to listen to! Nice! And they both certainly have an uplifting beat :miku_rylitah:

And I did some searching, and I believe I found the original source of the Miku illustration:

On Pixiv and Piapro
The illustration is by あさひクロイ, or あさひ
Really nice picture finds, both seem to say "summer" to me, despite their similarities and differences!
I'm glad you enjoyed the songs!

Ooh, cool, thanks @RazzyRu! How were you able to locate the original source of the image?

あさひ looks like they have some nice images on Piapro. Good to check out!

It definitely feels like summer already now
:kaito_move: :miku_ani_lili:

Reactions: razelberii

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Ooh, cool, thanks @RazzyRu! How were you able to locate the original source of the image?

あさひ looks like they have some nice images on Piapro. Good to check out!
I used SauceNAO, usually I can find the Pixiv upload that way. This one oddly had multiple, but all the others were either error messages or users that didn't have the picture uploaded, so it could only be あさひ
I then looked up あさひ on Piapro to see if the picture was also on there too, and also checked VocaDB
SauceNAO doesn't always work, but if the image is on Pixiv it usually finds it easily!

While I'm commenting, I'll share a Miku illustration too! Here's one from milktea101
milkteasummer

:miku_ani_lili:

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I used SauceNAO, usually I can find the Pixiv upload that way. This one oddly had multiple, but all the others were either error messages or users that didn't have the picture uploaded, so it could only be あさひ
I then looked up あさひ on Piapro to see if the picture was also on there too, and also checked VocaDB
SauceNAO doesn't always work, but if the image is on Pixiv it usually finds it easily!
Nice, thank you very much for doing all that work! SauceNAO is really cool--I tried the search, and it was really fast. :) I'll keep that site in mind!
While I'm commenting, I'll share a Miku illustration too! Here's one from milktea101
milkteasummer

Ooh, that's a nice picture! She looks like she's about to have a fun picnic or something! Very summer!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Had a little fun with the image from this tweet celebrating the dawn of the Reiwa Era.
It has some potential for a template of memes. Here's one I made which I wanted to print out as a motivator at work, using the known tagline of the recent Avengers movie.

And here's one featuring a (possible) memorable spoiler line from said movie.
I particularly like the motivational poster :) .

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
In the vein of unusual Miku products, I'll share this: the Miku swimsuit.

(Edit: I've seen elsewhere that this thing isn't really a swimsuit; there, it's described as a "Cosplay High Cut Leotard Lingerie One-Piece Bodysuit Teddy." Hm. Well, unfortunately we can't really be sure if this thing can go in the water or not.

I don't think it breaks any of the site rules, but just for the sake of this thing being what it might/might not be, I'm gonna put the image of it in a spoiler tag. If it makes anyone uncomfortable, let me know and it's gone. I'm halfway decided to do that anyway, but it's so well done and looks really cool...whatever it is....)
Got to admit, I did NOT see this one coming. I think the necktie should be a little longer and narrower to be accurate, and the tie clips are similarly oversized. But with the "01" on the back and the "VOCALOID" nametag, there's been a certain amount of thought put into the detail. If you were going to turn Miku's classic outfit into a swimsuit, I feel like this would be it. I could see a fan really feeling good about herself wearing this; it'd probably be a day-maker for other fans to see it at the pool/beach, too.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Ooh, wow, I'm going to have some new songs to look for...! Dang it, @hamano, increasing my workload.... :)

Hamano's Mikuration picks are up! DIVELA's "Vivid Hero" is a high-energy song that's an instant win with me, and "Lucky☆Orb" by emon(Tes.) is another sweet song from Expo 2019! Pochi's illustration "Hatsune Miku" is a really chill piece of art; between the rainbow effect and the stars, Miku sort of looks like she's from a magical girl anime!

Nice picks, hamano! I'll have to find something good for next month!

Reactions: hamano

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
My picks were again just songs I like, no special theme again, but unlike last time, I wanted to be contemporary and feature new songs.

First one is Vivid Hero by DIVELA, a great song full of energy that has been on my playlist ever since it released. The PV is too, it doesn't have fancy animations, but the artwork by Chi@ki is super cute!

My second choice was Lucky☆Orb by emon (Tes.), the theme song for Miku Expo Taiwan & Hong Kong, also doubling as Miku Expo 5th Anniversary theme song. I find Lucky☆Orb a really cool and calming song. The catchy tune has proven to be a hit among fans with the official video having over 1.1 million views in little less than a month on Youtube. Of course the PV is simply amazing too. It's nice to see an MMD PV made with such care and attention to detail.

Finally the artwork was simply something that caught my eye while browsing Pixiv. I hadn't heard about the artist Pochi before, but I like their cute style and use of colours. Miku looks so sweet in that picture!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
So, I was all ready to happily announce that there's a guys' version of the Miku swimsuit, too: Very Likely Fake Miku Board Shorts

Then I took a better look at the leg on the left. See how the flesh of the leg is biting up into the area that's apparently part of the shorts? And how the curve of the outside of the same leg near the hip is all jagged and weird? And how the CFM copyright notice is stretched perfectly horizontally across the bottoms of the guy's legs, rather than wrapping around the leg on the left the way real fabric would?

Really, it looks like there are no shorts to begin with! They took the Miku image, pasted it over some guy's body, and cut a shorts outline out of the image, adding in the drawstring afterwards. This has gotta be a scam of some kind. If you ordered it, I wonder if you'd even get anything.

So, this is just sort of a PSA: be careful if you're shopping for merch, 'cause the scammers are definitely out there and can catch you if you're not paying attention.

Now the guys among us can just wish that these shorts were actually a thing....

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
My mikuration picks for July are up!

Some of us, at least, are in the heart of the summer season now, so I've continued with my summer theme.

The first song I picked is "Air" Summer Shadows "Summer Wind Remix" by Clean Tears. It's a breezy, light song with a fast beat and some beautiful piano. (No pun intended, but "breezy" is the adjective that comes to my mind; plus, there are some things that sound like wind sound effects in the background, too, that support the song's theme/ambiance.) Amongst the instruments, Miku's singing a vocal melody with some cute higher notes and some soulful lower ones that has a way of getting caught in your head.

For anyone interested, I found the lyrics here. The song has a lot in common with "Bring Back Summer" from my picks in May--a nostalgic look at times past.

The second song is "Feel the Summer" by Aura Qualic. It has some heavier string sounds near the beginning and one of those signature twangy "island" sounds--not sure what it is, but you'll recognize it right away. This is another song with a good beat. It's a good bit heavier than "Air" Summer Shadows "Summer Wind Remix," so you may prefer it if you're in a different mood or just like that. Miku's voice stands out here again, with an entrancing recurring passage that lingeringly rises and falls (I'd argue it's one of the signature features of this song, not in the sense that everyone knows it, but that you'd recognize this song based on it alone.) and a higher cry out into the vast sky over the waves.

The only thing that troubles me about this song is the associated artwork. The weather looks gorgeous, and the whole picture is done in the reds/pinks/yellows of the sunrise/set or an island drink. But why does Miku look...really mad? At least that's how I read it--when I see a stomach-dropping, soul-frosting expression like that, I start thinking something's really wrong. But there's nothing in the picture that seems like it might be angering her. On the other hand, since she's wearing an MP3 player and looks to be in a jumping/running stance, maybe she's near the middle/end of a morning oceanside run. Sprinting on a beach in weather that's as hot as it looks in the picture might give her a face like that at some point.

For the artwork, I chose "miku 夏天" by 千夜QYS3. (Thanks again @RazzyRu for the SauceNAO recommendation; it helped with finding the original creator of this illustration!) I love Miku's expression in this picture: you can see her emotion so clearly, with the drained, deflated look in her eyes as she holds the popsicle in her lips on what is apparently the latest exceptionally hot, humid day of many on end. But her friends seem to be having fun! You can see better if you look at the original image on pixiv (The site seems to have cropped this one when displaying it.), but the picture has Rin, Luka, IA, and maybe even Kaito and Meiko in the background.

Happy summer, everyone! Hope you enjoy these!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I have a feeling this song, and the comments surrounding it, may mean a lot to lots of people here. So I figured I'd share it. It's "Someday You'll Notice The Evening Colored Horizon (feat. Hatsune Miku)" by nostraightanswer. You might remember nostraightanswer as the creator of "On Top," which was an honorable mention for Miku Expo 2018 and was mentioned earlier in the thread.

I really regret that I don't entirely care for how Miku's voice sounds in this song, as it strikes me as having sort of a nasal-muffled sound, but overlooking that, her English pronunciation is really good, and the instrumental is lively and enjoyable. What especially drew my attention, though, was the intro that nostraightanswer gives for the song, as well as some of the song's comments and the song's lyrics. I'll include a few of them here.

I dreamt of this song about a year or two ago.

All I remembered upon waking up was the general tone, the fact that Hatsune Miku HAD to sing it, and the lyrics "So put it down on pen and paper... write the score on tees you never wore".

And so... I made it.

This is the title track of my SYNTECH project, which is four years in the making, and should finally be released this Summer around June-July. SYNTECH (Plus) and SYNTECH (Minus) will be released digitally, or you can get the complete set, SYNTECH 0, physically.
It's also my way of thanking the VOCALOID community for giving so much more than anyone could ever ask for to me. Patience, support, kindness, even forgiveness and lessons I would have had trouble learning without it.
Also, it's a tribute to Hatsune Miku, the virtual force of nature that has inspired thousands upon thousands to pursue their creative passion.

...I don't know what else to say.

Thank you for listening. Thank you for your support.

Stardust Daydreamer
2 months ago
Man...I knew what this song was going to be about, but...wow. Just...wow. I would comment on technical aspects of the song, but I feel like the message is more important here. (The song is great, by the way! I love it a lot!)

I’m going to talk a little bit (read: a lot because I ramble) about my experience with Vocaloid, if that’s okay.

Vocaloid has been one of my main special interests for six, almost seven years. The reason why I wanted to become a Vocaloid producer in the first place was because I wanted to help other people with my songs like producers helped me. One of the things that has always gotten me through depression and hard times was music, especially Vocaloid and Love Live. So I decided to learn music theory and Japanese and make Vocaloid songs.

But then when I started trying to write songs, I always got stuck. I don’t know how to write music, not really. I have a lot of silly preconceived notions about writing music and a lot of anxiety and perfectionism that gets in the way of my actually writing songs. I always end up feeling like I’m not good enough as a musician, and that I won’t be able to make something good enough to post, let alone put on an album. I planned out what songs would go on what albums, but I couldn’t get myself to even finish a song. Even when I remind myself that producers like CircusP, nostraightanswer, *Luna, EmpathP, and GHOST have gotten way better from when they first started writing music, and that it’s okay to not know everything about writing music, I still feel like I’m not trying hard enough or that I’m not good enough. I feel like I have to create something perfect every time, even though I know that’s unreasonable.

I feel like this song has made me feel hopeful again. It makes me feel like it doesn’t matter if my work doesn’t turn out right the first time, because I’ll get where I’m going eventually. I think one of the things I got from this song is that it’s okay to not be perfect as long as you’re trying. If you don’t make something perfect right away, it’s okay. People will still like your music, or at least some aspect of it, and one day, you’ll get there.

Thank you for this wonderful song, Lupin. I’m looking forward to SYNTECH!
And nostraightanswer's reply:
nostraightanswer
2 months ago
Thank you so much for love, and also for opening up about your experiences.

All those feelings of getting stuck, discouraged, even in the face of knowing you can get better, I really understand that a lot. I've been going to conventions and presenting talks recently, and that kind of stuff is something I talk about with people, I try to encourage who are new at writing music not to give up, and to encourage those who are listening to that music to find someone they might not have listened to without searching and give them some encouragement as well. I know how rampantly those emotions actually flow within lesser-known, newer producers as well in the community, and I know that if people fall to that negativity, the VOCALOID community- I might not think it's dying now, but it WILL die that way.

Don't give up! I believe in you! Keep it up! These are small words, but they're important. Good luck and good tidings to you!

(Regarding the motifs from the Castaway remix, this song is in major key and that remix (and original work) is in minor, so if I did do that I certainly wasn't in the frame of mind to consciously realize it!)

Jesse M.
2 months ago
awesome! i don't know how you make miku sound so clear, but it works!
And nostraightanswer's reply:
nostraightanswer
2 months ago
Thank you so much! The secret is an ungodly amount of patience while experimenting with phoneme combinations.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Sometimes you run into a fan-made product that's just in a league of its own. If you're putting together a Miku costume, you might be feeling unsatisfied with the un-techno printed arm protectors that are all that's left for the non-androids among us. Unless you get REALLY determined and decide to fix that.

These are Miku sleeves with LED lights. They're available on eBay (currently for $80 USD) and are custom-made per your request by cassieshinkishop5. To paraphrase their description, you just send them your bicep circumference and the length/width you need. Basically, they're two sheets of vinyl, one spandex and one clear, with the printed paper design and 3 strips of LEDs per sleeve. The LEDs are red, blue, and white; they blink and come with a remote, so you can apparently control them while you're wearing them. Each sleeve requires 3 AA batteries. You can also ask them for the sleeves without the LEDs if you want a lower price...though considering giving that up sounds painful.

What's there left to say really? These are just an awesome effort, and from the pictures, at least, they look fantastic.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hey everyone!

@hamano's Mikuration picks for August are up! And they're good ones, including a heavy, thematic song from Chouchou-P (papiyon) and a song from HarryP that's full of energy and drive! And hamano's artwork pick for this month is a vibrant, sweet one that shows Miku's nature well. Great picks, hamano!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)