• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hey everyone!

My Mikuration picks for November are up in the OP!

"First Storm" cover by 混乱P, original by Deco*27

I'm sure many of you have probably heard the Miku Chinese song "First Storm" by Deco*27, but possibly you haven't seen the Japanese cover of it by 混乱P, which is my pick for this month. I'm really amazed at how Miku's voice retains its character for the most part. You can hear some difference between these two--to me, her Chinese voice in this song is sweeter and lighter, and a little twangy, whereas her Japanese voice is a bit more curt and forceful--but overall they both clearly sound like her. There's much less difference between them and her Japanese and English banks, for example--though comparing those two relationships may not be entirely fair.

"Heart a la Mode" by DECO*27

I've really liked this song lately. I haven't looked up the lyrics, so for awhile I've wondered what the title means. "A la mode," as I understand, means something like "after the fashion," which I guess basically means "popular" or "that which is fashionable." So I guess that roughly means "fashionable heart" or something. Which could mean rather sad things, if this is a relationship song.

The title aside, the PV for this is really cool. The setting reminds me of maybe the northeastern or northwestern United States by the ocean. There are lots of awesome little details, too, like the name of the song being the name of the cafe over Miku's shoulder at the beginning. Of course, iXima did the PV, so you would expect first-rate work.

"Autumn" by Bison倉鼠

This is a gorgeous autumn scene featuring Miku. There's lots of light, and beautiful fall colors. I really like the way Miku's eyes are done--there's a clarity, depth, and sharpness to them that makes them really stand out, and you usually don't see them quite this shade of green. And while I suppose it only shows that I'm not Japanese, I appreciate the opportunity to see a picture of autumn in Japan, as you can pick up from Miku's native yukata (At least it looks like one to me; I guess it could be another kind of Japanese robe.), and the fact that the autumn leaves are ginkgo leaves.

Sep 21, 2019
I totally forgot about the existence of First Storm, so thank you for reminding me of it! XD

Also, I LOVE Heart a la Mode, and since you brought up about the lyrics, I've looked at the translation and it seems to be about someone (I assume Miku, since she's in the PV) who has sweet things they'd like to say to someone in love with, but they're not quite sure how to say it. It's a very sweet song. ^^
(Also, I never realized "a la mode" meant "after the fashion". I've always seen it in reference to pie topped with ice cream. XD)

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Also, I LOVE Heart a la Mode, and since you brought up about the lyrics, I've looked at the translation and it seems to be about someone (I assume Miku, since she's in the PV) who has sweet things they'd like to say to someone in love with, but they're not quite sure how to say it. It's a very sweet song. ^^
(Also, I never realized "a la mode" meant "after the fashion". I've always seen it in reference to pie topped with ice cream. XD)
Oh, cool, thanks for looking that up! You've gotten me curious; I'll have to go look read the lyrics myself, they sound cute/interesting!

(I assume that at some point, putting ice cream on pie was a new thing, so they started calling the dish "pie a la mode," or something like that. :miku2_move:
Edit: Here's an article that describes it. Sadly, no one seems to be sure where the phrase "pie a la mode" originated, or when it came to mean "pie served with ice cream," as it now commonly does in the US, although the article suggests a few people who have been credited as the dessert's inventor. The article does describe at least one other dish, beef a la mode...which does NOT mean beef served with ice cream, but more likely, I'd think, follows the original French and is interpreted as beef "after the fashion." So I'd guess the pie went the same way--first it was new and fashionable. Then, eventually, people forgot about the phrase's French roots, and it started just getting interpreted as "pie with ice cream."

@hamano told me once that there's a Miku-themed pop-up restaurant that appears periodically in Japan around Mirai-time. I'd personally love it if they had something like a dessert consisting of a green, heart-shaped cookie with ice cream on top....)

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
Thanks for
(I assume that at some point, putting ice cream on pie was a new thing, so they started calling the dish "pie a la mode," or something like that. :miku2_move:
Edit: Here's an article that describes it. Sadly, no one seems to be sure where the phrase "pie a la mode" originated, or when it came to mean "pie served with ice cream," as it now commonly does in the US, although the article suggests a few people who have been credited as the dessert's inventor. The article does describe at least one other dish, beef a la mode...which does NOT mean beef served with ice cream, but more likely, I'd think, follows the original French and is interpreted as beef "after the fashion." So I'd guess the pie went the same way--first it was new and fashionable. Then, eventually, people forgot about the phrase's French roots, and it started just getting interpreted as "pie with ice cream."

@hamano told me once that there's a Miku-themed pop-up restaurant that appears periodically in Japan around Mirai-time. I'd personally love it if they had something like a dessert consisting of a green, heart-shaped cookie with ice cream on top....)
Thanks for sharing the article! That was a very interesting read! I didn't realize the origin of pie "a la mode" was so dubious and debated!

Also, I didn't realize there was a Miku themed pop-up restaurant in Japan around Mirai time; that's very cool! All the more reason for me to travel to Japan and go to a Magical Mirai at some point! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Reactions: mobius017

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
There was two Miku collab cafes around the time of Magical Mirai actually, the Hatsune Miku Music Cafe at Akihabara Anion Station, which I visited several times. (The same cafe also had a second location in Hakata).
The second one was Hatsune Miku × Sweets Paradise, a collab with Youme Cafe, in Ueno.

On the topic of cafes, Crypton owns the Mirai.st cafe & kitchen in Sapporo, but oddly their menu has no items named after Miku or the other Cryptonloids. They have a booth at Magical Mirai serving ice cream and sundaes named after their characters.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Thanks for sharing the article! That was a very interesting read! I didn't realize the origin of pie "a la mode" was so dubious and debated!
No problem!

On the topic of cafes, Crypton owns the Mirai.st cafe & kitchen in Sapporo, but oddly their menu has no items named after Miku or the other Cryptonloids. They have a booth at Magical Mirai serving ice cream and sundaes named after their characters.
Ooh, cool, that's really off-the-wall. There really is no relation to the characters that I could see on the site; I wonder why they chose to open up a restaurant like this...?:luka_move: They did have a special on their site for their 5-year anniversary, so I'd guess the place opened either during the first Mirai year, or one year after (depending on when their site was updated). That's an interesting coincidence.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Welcome to the club @cafenurse !

By the way, I was browsing my photo albums today and just felt like sharing this. During my trip to Japan I once found this vegetable juice at a konbini, and since it read "39 different kinds of vegetables and fruit" I had to buy it :D (Inatant Popipo vibes). Juice wasn't that tasty to be honest :/ The plushie is also something I bought during the trip.
20190825_171423.jpg

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome @cafenurse! I've added you to the list of club members and list of users who can upload to the Club Creations album, so if you have any Miku-related works to add there, please feel free!

"Music Master" is a really pretty song! It's really well-done--thanks for sharing!

By the way, I was browsing my photo albums today and just felt like sharing this. During my trip to Japan I once found this vegetable juice at a konbini, and since it read "39 different kinds of vegetables and fruit" I had to buy it :D (Inatant Popipo vibes). Juice wasn't that tasty to be honest :/ The plushie is also something I bought during the trip.
View attachment 2453
That juice box really does bring the Popipo PV to mind! :)

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
That plushie is really cute, I love how simple they do the eyes on those. There's something a lot cuter about small, round eyes.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Alright, since it's December it means it's a new set of featured Mikuration content ( @mobius017 will surely add them to the OP soon) As it is now very much winter, at least where I live, I wanted to present a theme fit for the season. I didn't want to go for a Christmas theme so I chose winter related music and art.

First song is the Snow Miku 2018 theme song Shikakui Chikyuu o Maruku Suru (Round off the Square Earth) by TOKOTOKO (NishizawasanP). I really like the song and the animated PV is super cute and it is extremely fitting for the winter theme.

Second song should be familiar to those who have played Project Diva, it is actually on my favourites list of the Future Tobe songs; Shiroi Yuki no Princess wa (The Snow White Princess is) by Noboru-P.

For the artwork, Snow Miku seemed the obvious choice, and I chose the extremely cute Snow Miku illustration from Kurisu Toshi.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
^Ha ha, yep, quite soon :).

Love the picks, @hamano! "The Snow White Princess Is" is a favorite of mine, and "Round off the Square Earth" is really sweet! There's lots of energy in the illustration you chose, too!

Reactions: hamano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)