• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
A new illustration of Miku for Miku Monday!

Hey everyone!

@hamano's Mikuration picks for August are up! And they're good ones, including a heavy, thematic song from Chouchou-P (papiyon) and a song from HarryP that's full of energy and drive! And hamano's artwork pick for this month is a vibrant, sweet one that shows Miku's nature well. Great picks, hamano!
Awesome! The songs are really good, too, nice picks! I gave each a listen and really liked them

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Nice @RazzyRu! Thank you for sharing this!

I bet that would make a nice T-shirt or something! I like the simple sentiment, too. Or you could have an Earth Day or even Valentine's Day theme if you wanted.

Reactions: razelberii

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
^Nice!

I've finished my art for Miku's birthday, and I must say I'm quite happy with how it turned out. But I won't upload it before Miku's B-day. I'd kinda want to show it already, but I'll save it for the big day. I can give a sneak peek of the sketch though:

Other than that, my plans for Miku's birthday are pretty straightforward: I'll be at Magical Mirai, attending both live shows of that day and the Tsunagaru Mirai afterparty in the evening.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@RazzyRu: Ooh, cool! I like the pastel colors and the background orbs. There's something simple and lighthearted about it!

@hamano: Another great piece! You gave it a lot of energy in her dynamic-looking pose and facial expression! I think this might be the first time I've seen you draw her actually singing, too. Came out really well!

As far as birthday plans, I have a tradition of drinking some vegetable juice and listening to "World Is Mine." Of course, I'll also be sharing my birthday wishes for Miku on here.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
My Mikuration picks for September are up! Since I'm only a day off of Miku's birthday, I decided to use that to inspire my picks for this month.

The first is "New Born" by Aura Qualic. This is a gorgeous ballad using Miku V3. With her voice tuned to an uncommonly smooth sweetness, cute without being shrill (as fits the image you might get of her from the title), Miku sings about her heartful of feelings even as, being brand new, she is waiting for her new partner to give her her songs. In the background, there are equally emotional drums and even strings, with a strong surge of emotion and energy in the latter third or so. I think it's a relatively novel format for the Vocaloid scene, and it's done really well.

The second song is "One Way," also by Aura Qualic. In another beautiful song, Miku describes joining up with someone and walking down the path of life together, from someplace sad to somewhere better (The English captions seem slightly more disjointed than was the case in "New Born," but that seems to be the general gist of it.). The high notes she comfortably hits at a few points are really impressive, and the instrumental really suits the somewhat solitary-seeming journey of the pair through their expansive world, which is portrayed in the mini-movie of a PV with lots of images of space/the night sky.

For the artwork, I chose "39!" by ほーじろ. I really like this artwork. At first glance, Miku appears to be set against a vortex of stars or light particles, but if you look nearer the bottom, you can see that the lights are glow sticks, so she's actually in an enormously big/tall concert hall. (The image is much taller than the embed feature allows, so I'd encourage you to check out the original image on Pixiv so you can see the whole thing.) Judging from the microphone in her hand, she's about to start singing. If you look behind her shoulders, just above her hair, you'll see particles that are so fine that I thought they were either glow stick lights or dust on my monitor...but they're actually tears. It's up to you what the tears mean--maybe they're gratitude for the enormous, enthusiastic crowd. Or maybe the artistic license taken with her arm tattoo means something--rather than her name, if you look closely, you'll see that it says "Made in JP" underneath her "01." So maybe she's overseas and had been nervous before she got onstage about how she'd be received as a foreigner?

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
For anyone who hasn't heard it yet, 八王子P (Hachioji P) has a new song out (since the end of August): イロドリミライ feat. 初音ミク. It's an upbeat-sounding song, and Miku's voice has both a sweetness and a nostalgic or thoughtful quiet depth to it. Worth a listen if you're interested!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Since it's my turn to Mikurate this month, I've gone ahead and added my picks to the Mikuration music album, @mobius017 will probably update the OP later on. Unfortunately the embed feature ln Vocaverse seems to be broken again and won't allow me to embed from pixiv (funny enough, when I added my picks for August, I wasn't able to embed from niconico, there seems to be problems with embeds from certain sites.

This is the artwork I chose, "12周年" by WR:

From the illustration you might guess my theme is Magical Mirai 2019. Both songs I chose were played at the concerts and are just two of the many amazing songs played this year.

First is Pinocchio-P's Sukina koto dake de ii desu. I was positively surprised about this song at MM. It's a good song by default, but the live version was even better in my opinion, a real bop. Sadly I can't link the live version here since an official upload doesn't exist.

I used to not like Pinocchio-P's music, but over time his works have grown on me, I find his lyrics very entertaining with their unique take to deep subjects.

My second choice is Boku ga yume o sutete otona ni naru made by Kasamura Touta. A very emotional song that had a big impact on me personally. Everything about this song is just so beautiful that I wanted to share it here.

Finally the illustration which VVN refuses to embed. The artwork comes from a skilled Chinese illustrator WR. Miku looks so cute in this picture with her MM2019 costume, and the elaborate background looks amazing.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Since it's my turn to Mikurate this month, I've gone ahead and added my picks to the Mikuration music album, @mobius017 will probably update the OP later on. Unfortunately the embed feature ln Vocaverse seems to be broken again and won't allow me to embed from pixiv (funny enough, when I added my picks for August, I wasn't able to embed from niconico, there seems to be problems with embeds from certain sites.

This is the artwork I chose, "12周年" by WR:

From the illustration you might guess my theme is Magical Mirai 2019. Both songs I chose were played at the concerts and are just two of the many amazing songs played this year.

First is Pinocchio-P's Sukina koto dake de ii desu. I was positively surprised about this song at MM. It's a good song by default, but the live version was even better in my opinion, a real bop. Sadly I can't link the live version here since an official upload doesn't exist.

I used to not like Pinocchio-P's music, but over time his works have grown on me, I find his lyrics very entertaining with their unique take to deep subjects.

My second choice is Boku ga yume o sutete otona ni naru made by Kasamura Touta. A very emotional song that had a big impact on me personally. Everything about this song is just so beautiful that I wanted to share it here.

Finally the illustration which VVN refuses to embed. The artwork comes from a skilled Chinese illustrator WR. Miku looks so cute in this picture with her MM2019 costume, and the elaborate background looks amazing.
Great picks @hamano! I've updated the OP for your songs, at least. I couldn't get the artwork to take, either. I'll post in the issues-reporting thread, and hopefully one of the admins can have a look.

"Boku ga yume o sutete otona ni naru" ("Until I Throw away My Dreams and Become an Adult") really is an emotional song! I remember liking it when I heard it previously, too. And that artwork is really amazing!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome @RoboCheatsyTM! I've added you to the list of club members and list of users who can upload to the Club Creations album, so if you have any Miku-related works to add there at whatever point, please feel free to do so!

"Baka -Triple Baka-" is a fun song! I hadn't heard "House Of Songs" yet, but it's a very nice song. Sort of like "Odds and Ends" or "Bless Your Breath," it seems to tell part of the story of the relationship Miku has with her producers. Great song choices!

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)