• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I forgot to add this to the club creations earlier, did it now:

Miku Day is less than two weeks away, I should have a new piece of art ready for the day, though I've lacked motivation and been preoccupied with other things recently.

And welcome mochagatari^^ It's nice to see a new club member joining!

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone!

My Mikuration picks for March are now up in the OP! Apologies for not getting them up yesterday. I spent a good bit of my day working on music and some other things and forgot somehow. The reminder I set for myself to post them never went off, either.... I can't imagine that was because of the leap year, but I don't know what else would have been different....

Anyway, in recognition of March's association with leprechauns and luck, the first song I picked was "Maybe★Lucky" by HSP. This song has a way of sticking in your head; I just can't get over hearing Miku belt out "Maybe lucky!" when the chorus comes around :) . It's a love song, actually, dealing with trying to start up a relationship with someone.

My second pick was "I Wanna Be" by Yasuha. It doesn't have much tie to March/spring aside from the rain in the PV, but this is a really beautiful song about trying to struggle forward to surpass your own limits while chasing a dream.

Finally, for the artwork, I chose "Miku Hatsune Sakura Days" by hikarisoul. The picture seems to me to be of Miku looking out the window near the end of the school year, which fittingly ends in March in Japan. It's a really pretty picture, and you can really see the sadness, nervousness, excitement, and hope on Miku's face.

Reactions: hamano

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Well, Miku Day is "officially" over now since it's already March 10th in Japan, but I still have just under 6 hours of the 9th left. I thought I'd share some Miku Day artworks from some of my favourite illustrators.

P.S. I wanted to take some photos of Dollfie Miku for today, but odds were against me, I was busy during the day and it's been rainy so the evening has been quite dark, and my camera doesn't like artificial light :/
This is the best I can do at the moment:
20200309_182745.jpg20200308_223513.jpg

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Lots of really pretty pics, hamano! The blue/green colors in the siomidu one really stand out. I think that one and the ones from snowmioo, supo_mk39, and fuzichoco are probably my favorites.

Nice to see Dollfie Miku settling in nicely as well! :)

Happy Miku Day, everyone!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm going to repost this video that @Exemplar shared, as a matter of history and to help spread the PSA:

Edit: Due to the video having been made private (I think?), this post has been updated to use a Tweet shared by @cafenurse.

For the record, to the best of my knowledge (more info here used to supplement the below)
  1. Wash your hands means wash your hands thoroughly, including between the fingers and on the backs. Even run your fingertips lightly against your palms to try to clean under your fingernails a bit. When you cough, cough into your elbow to keep your hands clean. And avoid touching your face, which has lots of spots where things can get in.
  2. Don't touch me means social distancing--generally, stay 3 feet away (and I've seen it several times as high as 6 feet) from other people when talking to them. And if you're sick, STAY HOME; if you're not sick, you still might want to limit going out to more essential tasks.
  3. Regarding the masks, they are really more effective on sick people to limit the spread of the virus since it catches the virus-containing sneeze/cough droplets. For healthy people, you need a higher-grade, fitted mask for it to really help.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Um, the video isn't there anymore, just letting you know

View attachment 3123
Hm, that's weird. Judging by the message on YouTube, I think the video has been made private rather than outright removed. Assuming the original creator was the author of the YouTube video, maybe they wanted to force people to access it through their Twitter feed? The person on Twitter (Who, judging by his comments/people's replies, is the original creator.) said the popularity of the thing kind of blew up, so maybe that's why. Anyway, I've updated to use the Tweet shared by @cafenurse. If that gets removed...I guess I'll just leave it up broken (maybe spoiler the embed or something), for the benefit of history. Thanks @hamano!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Forgot to share this here earlier, but I got the Racing Miku talk bank last week. It's one of those things you have to get despite it's not a display item really, nor is it very useful. At least it's cute

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Forgot to share this here earlier, but I got the Racing Miku talk bank last week. It's one of those things you have to get despite it's not a display item really, nor is it very useful. At least it's cute
So this is what all those unspendably-small coins you get in change are for... :)

Definitely more fun than my jar!

Last edited:

ErinPebble

39 Miku
Mar 26, 2020
Canada
I'd love to join!

I'm gonna get a bit sappy here, but Miku means a whole lot to me. I've dealt with depression for a long time, and being able to listen to VOCALOID music, specifically songs featuring Miku, made things feel so much better. Sometimes when things got rough, I would either listen to Melancholy of the Literary Boy (Nanou) or Astronauts (siinamota) until things started to feel alright again. Just saying I love Miku doesn't even sound like enough; she's saved me so many times and for that I'll be eternally grateful.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome @ErinPebble--we're glad to have you! I've added you to the list of club members and list of users who can upload to the Club Creations album, so if you have any Miku-related works to add there, please feel free! You're also welcome to add a Miku FC userbar in your signature if you wish; a list of them is in the OP!

"Melancholy of the Literary Boy" is a pretty song, and I think many people could relate to all or parts of its lyrics. It also seems like one of those songs that you could listen to several times and get different meanings out of it. Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: ErinPebble

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Welcome!

I'm gonna get a bit sappy here, but Miku means a whole lot to me. I've dealt with depression for a long time, and being able to listen to VOCALOID music, specifically songs featuring Miku, made things feel so much better.
I know that feeling. I've heard so many others who have said the same. While I personally wasn't really suffering from depression before discovering Miku (I was more work obsessed and didn't really do anything in my spare time), she has definitely given me something to enjoy and enriched my life a lot. Again, welcome to the club!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Another new member--yay! Welcome @Nanaka! You've been added to the list of club members and the users who can upload to the Club Creations album. Feel free to grab a userbar, too!

"SPiCa" is a really beautiful and energetic song--lots of fun to listen to and sing along with (...possibly badly, as the case may be...). The first time I heard it was in one of the first concert videos I ever saw, and it really made just the right moment in the setlist. Good pick for a favorite song!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Happy April 1! @hamano's Mikuration picks for the month are up! "Kuru Kuru Pa" by Lamaze-P was new to me (which was cool); it's a high energy, fun song, though I'm not sure if it's about, food, love, or life in general...:miku2_move:, ha ha!. "Project Diva desu" by t.komine (Utata-P) is a classic with which many of us are probably familiar--it's a lot of fun. Though I hadn't heard the full/original version of it, either! :)

For this month's artwork, "Mikuchan" by Akatsuki Raise is a really cute, pretty piece. I'm impressed with the detail in Miku's hair and the glossy texture given to her clothes!

Great picks, hamano!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
For this month, I wanted to feature denpa songs. And when I think about denpa, the first producer that comes to mind is Lamaze-P, his trademark is the somewhat silly lyrics and high tempo present in many of his songs. His most famous denpa song is by far PoPiPo, but I wanted to have something else from his discography, so Kuru Kuru Pa was my choice.

"Project Diva desu." is another good example of a denpa song, with the lyrics comprising entirely of a few words. Very catchy song!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
A few more history items.

First the cute (shared by @Exemplar a few days ago):

Note that this image can be found on Pixiv, and it has also been made available on Piapro (terms appear to be that it must be for non-profit use and the author's name must be shown). So just as much now as ever, the collaborative side of the community continues.

Then the disappointing:

Stay safe, everyone!

Ika Musume

Loves Miku so much that he DIED
Apr 12, 2020
Ur mum lol
I would like to join please! I LOVE MIKU! She's always in my mind. She has gotten me through so much in life, I don't know where I would be without her. She's the only person I would really need if everyone abandoned me. She has brought me so much joy, and expressing that makes it all come together for me (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

My favorite song sung by Miku is either The World is Mine, Deep Sea Girl, Piano Girl, or Age-Age-Again, although I could actually never decide, I HAVE SO MANY FAVORITES it's just all so beautiful :')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)