• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Maghni AI by VocaTone Studio and Misbah Studios

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
This is a great decision - any potential backers will feel a bit more secure at what they're supporting if they can see a demo. It's also a good sign that VocaTone is listening to the concerns of the vocal synth fandom.

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
This delay is only in their favor. Wishing them the best of luck that it works out, I’m excited!

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
This was probably the smartest move. I look forward to seeing the demo and hearing from VT/MS in the future!

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
The consistent issue is this: they can't stay on focus. They'll talk about collabs with Mattel or games being made for their vocals, when they don't even have any recordings for those vocals, much less an operational program. If they could buckle down and really focus on just getting a product out, I would trust them a lot more. Right now I can't take them any more seriously than someone who makes Utaus in their free time for fun.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
As they were responding to questions that specifically asked about games and collabs, I don't mind it.

Their answer was essentially, 'We think that sounds like a fun idea for the future' - not, 'We're trying to make that happen right now'. I would question their priorities if they'd bought up speculative ideas unprompted, but as fans are obviously very interested in the future of the software, I don't mind them having a relaxed discussion about it. Knowing what VocaTone would do with success gives insight into their broader philosophy and goals, which I find useful.

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Maybe I'm just super naive and haven't learned my lesson at all yet, but I'm really looking forward to and hoping that VocaTone pulls through with this, depending on the samples we hear, I'll probably back the Kickstarter. VocaTone technically never let Ausgris die since now they're Aurum lmao, so their track record isn't totally lost on me. It does look like they really just started getting serious about this very very recently though, I don't think this has been in the works for long, but I could be completely wrong. It takes a lot just to coordinate with others on a project like this.

I'm just so sad and tired of all the western voice synth stuff that keeps falling through for one reason or another. I remember being super excited upon first hearing about things like Alys, Emvoice, Lucia and Luan, projects that already had usable presentable products, and so many others.. just let us have this one nice thing please..

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
After listening to the whole thing:

The Mattel collab is.....thinking way too ahead of themselves but what I can at least say is that it was on topic. Now, that several minute rant about Voidol was just embarassing, that's not what I came here for. Imagine if say, AHS stream, went on an off topic tangent regarding a synth completely irrelevant to their products. I understand it was more laid back Q&A and that they wanna create more cozy atmoshpere but stay on topic, it should've ended with "Yeah we'll consider Voidol-like feature".

Second, not to be an "Es JeY dOuBlE YuuU" and I don't wanna step out of my line but I really can't help myself but feel the accent feature, how you can change an accent and reduce accent........it could lead to reallyyyyyy iffy situations. I am not throwing acussations at them, they are not bad people, I just think they're excited to implement features. That might not present issues when, let's say, you'd like to change british accented vocal to australian accented vocal or tone either of those down a bit ( even tho I still dont like the idea ) but.....it gives opportunity to erase accents/etc. that deserve reresentation...and I hope they're considering that.

As they were responding to questions that specifically asked about games and collabs, I don't mind it.

Their answer was essentially, 'We think that sounds like a fun idea for the future' - not, 'We're trying to make that happen right now'. I would question their priorities if they'd bought up speculative ideas unprompted, but as fans are obviously very interested in the future of the software, I don't mind them having a relaxed discussion about it. Knowing what VocaTone would do with success gives insight into their broader philosophy and goals, which I find useful.
I think the issue is that they linger on those topics way too much and are easily persuaded.

Last edited:

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
To comment on the accent issue as a POC AAVE isn’t an accent it’s a way of speaking. There is no specific way or style African Americans talk and that’s actually a very harmful stereotype, (Maybe people in certain African countries may have an accent but for African Americans that is much different. If there is a certain accent it’s usually one everyone has such as “country”) I do agree that if there are accents native to certain countries or areas they should not be erased though.

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
I didn't call it an accent, just saying the accent feature could be exploited in such manner in this regard.
Sorry if I read it that way then I was just clearing up that in that particular way it’s not possible. Speaking styles would have to be inputed manually by the vocal user (there’s actually some pretty funny videos of Len and Miku speaking AAVE)

Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
Sorry if I read it that way then I was just clearing up that in that particular way it’s not possible. Speaking styles would have to be inputed manually by the vocal user (there’s actually some pretty funny videos of Len and Miku speaking AAVE)
No worries I wasn't clear enough ty for clearing it up! Should I edit my initial post somehow to relfect that?

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
I think that would be a good idea, just so no one else thinks like me ahaha.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I think that would be a good idea, just so no one else thinks like me ahaha.
Oki I changed it to where I am exlcusively talking about accents and not AAVE at all, does that come across that way:o ?

Last edited:

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
Oki I chnaged it to where I am exlcusively talking about accents and not AAVE at all, does that come across that way:o ?
I think the change was great! It clarifies your point well and I think what you said about representation is really important. Thanks so much Patuk great comment.

Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
I think the change was great! It clarifies your point well and I think what you said about representation is really important. Thanks so much Patuk great comment.
And thank you for clearing things up :akasakiminato_lili: Appreciated.

Reactions: Rolo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)