• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Miku Expo 2024 North America

InstallGentoo

Aspiring Fan
May 7, 2021
do they ship or can they give it to you at the Venue? Will the be selling it at the event so you don't have to go through trouble of shipping and pre-ordering?

Reactions: adacot

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Someone on Twitter emailed Tsurt, and they indicated there will not be a restock. It's whatever was sold, and the ones reserved for on-premise sales, assuming that's accurate. I suspect resellers snapped up a lot of them, given the speed it happened.

Ordered a shirt, anyway. Hopefully I'll get lucky with the glow sticks at the venue...

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I suspect resellers snapped up a lot of them, given the speed it happened.

Ordered a shirt, anyway. Hopefully I'll get lucky with the glow sticks at the venue...
:mad:

If resellers are actually responsible, I'd be fully in favor of a buy limit on those. 2 should be enough for any single person, IMO. (And to be honest, I suspect that the number of actual concertgoers who would order more than 2 for their individual use at the show would be extremely small. Every so often, you'll see someone in a concert video seeming to have a light between each pair of fingers, but I'd be relatively confident betting that they've been to multiple shows and have collected those over years.) It sucks that a limit like that would require anyone coming in a larger group to put in multiple orders, but....

On the plus side, if you have glow sticks from a previous concert, they should be usable at the current one. (Doesn't address if you wanted one from the current event, obviously, but at least it's a light stick.) Sometimes nice people hand out chemical snap-light sticks, too. At least those people get what the spirit of the event is supposed to be.

InstallGentoo

Aspiring Fan
May 7, 2021
Sometimes nice people hand out chemical snap-light sticks, too. At least those people get what the spirit of the event is supposed to be.
What kind of chemical snap lightsticks are acceptable at the concert? blue-green? green-blue? The other volcaloids get their own colors?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
What kind of chemical snap lightsticks are acceptable at the concert? blue-green? green-blue? The other volcaloids get their own colors?
I'm not sure if the specifics offhand, but there are usually (basically always, I guess) guidelines for each event online, on the event homepage and/or the page where you're buying tickets.

As I recall from when I've looked at them, the guidelines say that previous events' electronic glowsticks are ok, but third-party electronic glowsticks aren't, either as a whole or subject to certain guidelines regarding how bright they are. There might be some rules about how long/big they are, too.

I know I've read that people have handed out chemical glowsticks before, though, and I'm pretty sure I've seen them mentioned in the rules, too. I don't recall any specific rules about the chemical lights, other than my impression that the plastic ones that are often used by children at outdoor Independence Day parties were ok. These are the often individually-foil-wrapped ones that you bend to snap an internal barrier so that two chemicals mix, at which point they light up for several hours until the chemicals are used up.

The main considerations for lights seem to be the brightness, as it may glare on the projection glass and/or in other people's eyes. So don't bring something like a super-bright chemical/electric glowstick used by the military.

In terms of the colors, I remember no rules about that for the chemical lights. I think you could bring one of each color for each vocal synth, if you wanted to--that way you could switch when needed.

Reactions: InstallGentoo

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
The travel dates mentioned are May 13th and 15th so the concert would be Chicago. The website is kind of misleading. It looks like you only put your name and email in, but you need to do a bunch of things to get 58 bonus entries.

Upon completing the initial entry, Entrants will receive one (1) initial entry into the Sweepstakes. To obtain the Initial Entry, visit https://gfuel.com/blogs/giveaways/HatsuneMikuExpoTrip (the “Website”), and when prompted, complete the official entry form (“Entry Form”) in its entirety including your first name, last name, email address and date of birth. When prompted, click the “Sign up For Email Notifications” button. After checking the box indicating your agreement to these Official Rules, click “Save. Upon completing these steps, Entrants will receive one (1) initial entry into the Sweepstakes and may obtain bonus entries (if desired) as described below.

BONUS ENTRIES: Upon completing the initial entry, Entrants can earn up to fifty-eight (58) bonus entries by visiting the Website and completing any (or all) of the tasks below. To earn bonus entries in the Sweepstakes via any of the social channels listed below, Entrant must be a registered user of the social channel. To become a registered user, visit the channel’s website and follow the instructions prior to entering this Sweepstakes. Entrant’s social media accounts must be set to “public” to be viewable by the Sponsor for winner determination. If the Entrant’s social media accounts are not set to “public”, the Sponsor may not be able to verify the entry and the Entrant may not be eligible to win. Entrants may not use multiple Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram accounts to enter.

• Follow Sponsor (@GFuelEnergy) on Twitter to earn one (1) bonus entry;
  • Follow FYE (@officialfye) on Twitter to earn one (1) bonus entry;
  • Follow Sponsor (@GFuelEnergy) on Instagram to earn one (1) bonus entry;
  • Follow FYE (@officialfye) on Instagram to earn one (1) bonus entry;
  • Follow Sponsor (@GFuelEnergy) on Facebook to earn one (1) bonus entry;
  • Follow FYE (@FYE) on Facebook to earn one (1) bonus entry;
  • Sign up for GFUEL SMS Notifications via the widget to earn one (1) bonus entry or enter by mail as follows to earn one (1) bonus entry: On a 3” x 5” card, legibly handprint or type your first name, last name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number (including area code), date of birth and email address. Mail your completed 3” x 5” card in an envelope to “G FUEL Win a Trip to HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2024 North America Giveaway, Bonus Entry”, 100 Wireless Blvd, Hauppauge, NY 11788. Mail entries must be postmarked by April 4, 2024 and received by April 11, 2024 to be considered eligible. Each envelope is considered one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Entries submitted or completed by anyone other than the Entrant are void. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries for Entries. All entries submitted by mail become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or damaged mailed entries.
  • Post about the Giveaway on Twitter the widget (you may post anything you wish that is related to this Giveaway, providing it is compliant with these Official Rules); and / or
  • Refer a friend via the sharable link provided in the widget (limit of fifty (50) friend referrals / bonus entries for this task)

ElectricMiku25

Miku Otaku
Nov 16, 2023
United States
From what I've seen so far on the internet from the shows in Vancouver and Portland. They are using an LED screen for the concerts. I've seen a lot of backlash from this and to be honest, I'd still attend for the experience of seeing Miku (also this will be my first time going to a Miku concert). I understand being letdown that it's not a projector but I've looked at a few pictures so far and I think it depends on where you are viewing it because at some angles it looks fine but in other places, you can see the border of the screen. I think they should have the venue be a lot darker or at least have the lights not be behind the screen because it would make it a lot better looking. I am still very excited to go to Miku Expo in San Jose on the 8th.

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
I'm going to a later stop, so I'll reserve judgement until I see it. (I've seen some comments that indicated it looked fine.) Not going to let myself be pre-disappointed. It's still going to be a fun event, regardless.

I don't think the change is a good idea, and they definitely should have communicated the change in advance so people could make informed decisions...and they definitely need to release a statement about the reason for the change, because it's definitely not the expectation people had going in.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
ok i did contact some of my friends at SEGA, and while I can't say some things until an official statement (yes, the staff is aware of the complaints, but it can take some time for a public statement because it has to be checked and approved by all main sponsors, that's how things work), I got confirmation that the use of the screen (which is very, very expensive) is useful for a big tour like this with different venues and seats/free standing, it can help with logistics and setup a lot, and also it has special treatment on surface that can reduce any kind of reflections from the stage and venue.
using microled, it can offer extremely good performance in both colors rendition and frequency rate, there isn't a fading problem if you stay on the side (which instead can happen with projection screen) and the result is very good:

I talked also with some of the fans that attended the first concerts, they confirmed me that after the initial surprise (not a negative one, just a surprise), they enjoyed the live so much, so much and they told me "don't listen to twitter comments, the show was sooo good" and they loved the use of the screen too. so, yes, don't worry and anyone attending the next concerts, just enjoy the concert and you'll love every moment of it(●'◡'●)🎈

Last edited:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I was gonna a drop my own post about the Miku Expo complaints since I've been seeing them on Facebook and Instagram, but I've been busy this weekend. On the one hand, I totally get the complaints from the fans, because there have been no announcements whatsoever about the change from a projector to an LED screen, and what makes Miku gigs unique is the projection that makes her and the other Cryptonloids look like holograms in the sci-fi sense. (Scuttlebutt has it that the real projectors are being prepped for an appearance at Coachella this year, and another is that it has something to do with Crunchyroll being cheap, because they're sponsoring Miku Expo this time.)

On the other hand, I do think the complaining is getting a bit hyperbolic now. Has anyone else seen the threats to start a class action lawsuit against the organisers? :ROFL:

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
ok i did contact some of my friends at SEGA, and while I can't say some things until an official statement (yes, the staff is aware of the complaints, but it can take some time for a public statement because it has to be checked and approved by all main sponsors, that's how things work), I got confirmation that the use of the screen (which is very, very expensive) is useful for a big tour like this with different venues and seats/free standing, it can help with logistics and setup a lot, and also it has special treatment on surface that can reduce any kind of reflections from the stage and venue.
using microled, it can offer extremely good performance in both colors rendition and frequency rate, there isn't a fading problem if you stay on the side (which instead can happen with projection screen) and the result is very good:

I talked also with some of the fans that attended the first concerts, they confirmed me that after the initial surprise (not a negative one, just a surprise), they enjoyed the live so much, so much and they told me "don't listen to twitter comments, the show was sooo good" and they loved the use of the screen too. so, yes, don't worry and anyone attending the next concerts, just enjoy the concert and you'll love every moment of it(●'◡'●)🎈
That all sounds good at all first, but as other people have pointed out it's not just the problem that it is a screen, but more so that there is a good way and a bad way of making use of one; and with the stage setup and light show, the screen is absolutely poorly implemented.
So I don't think that comment you heard makes much sense at all hoenstly. Just sounds like they can't admit (obviously) they wanted to save money or something.

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I think it’s obvious what the benefits of an LED screen are from the production perspective. Less calibration. Less time put into setup before the performance. You’re able to accommodate more venues. But I think ultimately what this is, is a cost-saving measure. All of these things mean less hours to charge, less expertise needed, etc. Sure this means you get to bring the event to a larger audience which is undoubtedly good, but I understand the disappointment. This is the most expensive Miku Expo to attend to date by a wide margin, so I think it’s understandable that consumers would feel let down by the fact that the concert is not what they expected.

I am sure the concert is going to be a lot of fun for attendees no matter what, but the holographic protection technology has always been a major selling point and has ALWAYS been in the marketing material for these events in press. I think the reason none of this was disclosed to consumers was because they knew there would be backlash, disappointment, and bad optics, which in my opinion is what makes this particularly hard to stomach despite the fact it might not make such a big difference in the end. Seems underhanded and vaguely intentional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)