• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID New VOCALOID Mirai Komachi distributed by YAMAHA

idoltrash69

リンちゃんなう!
So I heard some of these and I gotta say, her voice is pretty generic. I do like the Gen+20 test though, it sounds better than her regular voice imo. All in all, not bad, pretty ok in fact, but also kind of forgettable.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
...And bam, Yamaha drops another Vocaloid immediately with no build-up! (Seriously Yahama, you need a better marketing strategy).

I can't say I find either her voice or design memorable. Her voice sounds like a deeper Rin mixed with Meiko's nasallyness, and her design doesn't wow me (though her sprite art is cute!). The most interesting thing about her is that she was developed by Bandai-Namco, so maybe they're planning to use her for their games sometime in the future. (I'll be shocked if they don't use her for future Taiko Drum Master games).

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Honestly, I love her. She reminds me of all of Rin's good points, but she doesn't sound as unnatural, or as "annoying" for lack of a better word. The DB is everything Rin V4X should have been. Looking forward to what Namco do with her.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
She sounds way too nasal for me.... like Cyva levels, but worse b/c she doesn't have the defense of being noticeably clearer than her competitors like Cyva.

She also falls into the same "overly cutesy" type as Azuki and Tianyi, two other vocals I really don't care for (Tianyi is better I guess).

She also looks way too similar to both anon and Rin.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
She also looks way too similar to both anon and Rin.
I agree that Anon and Komachi look very similar. But I think Bandai Namco designed her and picked her voice provider with no worries about existing Vocaloids. Why would they care? The obviously have plans for her and knew exactly what kind of image they were going for with her (since they create a lot of rhythm games, one being Aikatsu). What I mean is, they would have created this Vocaloid for their own marketing reasons, they don't care about unique voices producers could've used/might have wanted, they are more worried about the money she can bring in through other revenues I assume. Also, on the Vocaloid Wiki, Anon and Kanon were literally among the least popular Vocaloids of 2014 (the year they were released, which is sad), so, uh, they probably don't care about the short haired orange + white color schemes being similar.

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
While her smooth transitions are great, another reason why I don't think I'll be looking into this loid is because she's another one of the softer loids. I've hoping for another Vocaloid with lots of power like VY1V4 and V4 Flower, especially in the English realm but also in the Japanese realm. I mean, with enough compression I think I can make it work with her, but my debit card's not looking good right now.

WintermintP

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but this really makes me suspect something is up. Reminds me of late V3 era when Yamaha basically shat out VOCALOIDs without much pre-release info so they'd be released before V4 launched. Also might be why we're quite dry right now; Yamaha are holding some projects so that they can launch with V5, like what happened to Cyber Diva and Luka V4X.

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
A lot of people keep dragging her for being anther generic voice and like some sort of Rin/anon/kanon ripoff but I like her? I don't know why, but I just think she's cute and has a nice voice. I doubt she'll sell well or be remembered for long, but I don't think she's a bad vocal at all.

If only Yamaha gave us an actual demo though ing

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but this really makes me suspect something is up. Reminds me of late V3 era when Yamaha basically shat out VOCALOIDs without much pre-release info so they'd be released before V4 launched. Also might be why we're quite dry right now; Yamaha are holding some projects so that they can launch with V5, like what happened to Cyber Diva and Luka V4X.
Saaaaame. It's like Flower, Anon & Kanon all over again. I've listened to Mirai more, and realized she's basically a natural-sounding Rin with Meiko Sakine levels of cute nasal. It's a love/hate relationship so I can't help but listen to her. Also, Bandai Namco BEST be putting her in their games if they want to promote her, even if it's just the outfit or a single song by her, or at least marketing her in some way. ...also wanna draw her as a SAO player now.

I can't say that I dislike her voice but she is in this "Well, I heard of her" state for me. Since I determine my favorite VOCALOIDs with the simple formula "0-10 scale of how much I like the voice" + "0-10 scale of how much I like the design" + "number of original songs I like" = "how much I like this VOCALOID" (but I don't actually count, I just estimate in my mind), it's not possible for a new VOCALOID to join my favorites ranking. Her design is cute, simple, bright and I like the art style and her eyes, but I'm not touched by her or anything.

Usually I'm not paying much attention to new VOCALOIDs but Komachi has got my attention because she's from Bandai Namco. If they use her for video games then I might like her. And if she happens to get an own rhythm game franchise, then I will definitely like her a lot.

For now I will just use the fact that she exists to annoy those gamers who hate VOCALOID.:fukase_lili:

Lille

Aspiring Fan
May 3, 2018
charming design, simple but has a bit of personality... her voice does seem to be kinda repetitive, judging by her looks and range i hoped she'd have a bit of a mature voice, but i'm really not impressed. Cul is one of my favourites and in Kazumi's g+20 sample, to me, she sounds exactly like her (i was entertained by the description), except with better transitions heh. my guess is that her highlight will be if Namco makes games with her indeed. pretty cute i guess, i don't really mind. also man, what's up with yamaha's marketing!

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
...How did I miss a new vocaloid release? Seriously this one just blindsided me. Well, she is okay.
Don't worry, Yamaha just pulled off another 'Let's release without marketing' scheme again. Everyone didn't see this coming.

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
Also did anyone notice on yamaha's website it says she is 400gb in size and not 400mb? If she really is 400GB what is the other 399 GB? The entire collection of Bandai gundam games?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)