• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID New VOCALOID Mirai Komachi distributed by YAMAHA

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
You can headcanon them as friends. (^_^)/ I'm almost tempted to make a drawing of them together, but I can't really draw groups.... :xinhua_lili:
I love the idea that she's their 20 year old sister who saw them having so much fun being small idols that she decided to join in and try her luck as an idol, beginning a friendly rivalry with her beloved younger sisters lol

also side note someone drew them all together already and it's so cuuuuute omg lnasfksna

I love them all so much omg

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
...now I wanna draw her. But I'm working. I'm shocked that people have bought her off the bat, but releases have been pretty dry this year, so, maybe this isn't a bad idea from Yamaha. For some reason I keep thinking she's from Hyperdimension Neptunia, (Who has a Bandai Namco-themed character named B-Sha). I wonder who her VP is tbh. Could be a well known voice actress.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

MusicPride

That Lily Fanboy
Apr 9, 2018
Michigan, USA
Why does YAMAHA do this? Like, I feel personally attacked? I log onto Twitter and find this Vocaloid's art? And I'm like "new Vocaloid announced- why are they saying they already bought her..." So I need YAMAHA to chill with sudden released like this. Now to the Vocaloid herself, I really like her! I like the more nasal-type voices (I own YukariV4 and MAYU for godsake), so I'm really vibing with her voice! Since she's only a single bank, I don't think I'm gonna buy her sadly. :cry:

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
I like her design! It's cute. Not a fan of orange in general, but otherwise nice.

Her voice is okay. I think it's a touch too nasally for me to really get into, and there isn't much about her voice that stands out. So yeah, fine but nothing great imo.

(Also so glad to see that Train Man is still kicking).

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Yamaha: So we have a new youthful Japanese female Vocaloid.
Fandom: ....
Yamaha: She's orange.
Fandom: !!!

Cute voicetypes aren't normally my thing, but I like how crisp and powerful she sounds. It's also nice we don't have to wait long for more examples of her voice.

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
God she'd make a perfect addition to AnonKanon, I agree. Though I probably won't get her since download only isn't really my kinda thing. I do love her look though (though maybe it's 'cos I'm a sucker for nice gradient hair).

But what really interests me is the fact she's from Bandai Namco, like they own so many big IPs that they could really promote her far if they tried. Taiko Master, Idolm@ster, Tales of (since they've done costumes and stuff as DLC) and maybe some other less obvious choices. I really hope to see more of her in the future. Or I'd hope so, since this sudden release might not give her enough traction to do more than kind of fade into the background.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Hi I have a problem and buy vocaloids immediately here's a bunch of plug'n'play tests
Thanks for sharing these, her voice sounds good in them! She sounds like an idol.

I thought it was weird how quiet Yamaha has been. Matcha/Azuki came out July 2017, Cyber Songman came out October 2016! But I thought their next news would be V5. ^^;

ミライ Mirai = Future (last name)
The kanji for komachi is literally 小 Ko = little, 町 = town (girl's first name), but komachi itself means she's "a beauty". The examples of usage are "TOWN NAME komachi" meaning she's the beauty of TOWN NAME. So maybe since her last name (Mirai) is where the town name should be, it means she's a beautiful girl of the future.

This is the Mr. Dotman pixel art:

(Fun fact: ドット絵 DOTTO-e = pixel art)
It is 32x32 sized, she can walk in 4 directions and it's animated. Sounds like she could be used for games or oddly specific RPG-themed song animations. XD;

I just think it's kind of weird they picked Mirai, since Hatsune Miku's Chinese name is spelled 未來 (mirai).

I hope Bandai Namco puts her in a game.

idoltrash69

リンちゃんなう!
Her design is cute, but not very memorable. As for her voice, I haven't heard it yet but many people on Twitter are saying it's really generic. The thing about Yamaha is that sometimes they don't market their Vocaloids properly, as is the case with Komachi here. Oh well, maybe I'll end up liking her voice? She does look cute, I'll give her that. Yamaha really should stop just releasing Vocaloids out of the blue imo...

BenHo

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I like the way she sounds in that gen+20 acapella, but she has some very noticeable quality issues on her. I'm guessing this is a result of the whole "game" integration, since we've seen similar quality issues in other Vocaloids in similar situations.

edit: I do love her design though.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Personally, I like the way she sounds even though it's a very common voicetype for japanese banks so she's going to struggle in that market.

I think alot of the reason why she's getting that sort of reception to the surprise release from the english speaking side of the community because how things are lately for them. I mean; there's only one western voicebank maker left after Voctro & FX left the voicebank space so that means japanese companies will dominate that space for english banks for years to come, STMedia have been radio silent on the socials since the fall (& Dr Yun who's a big player in that group hasn't tweeted anything since February) leaving Uni English completely up in the air because we have no clue what's going on in that company, rumors off and on about that supposed english voicebank (not saying the name to not set people here off) being in development and IA finally getting an english bank but it's a CeVIO bank and people are having mixed reactions to it. Seeing that I can understand where much of that frustration is coming from when people open up twitter and saw that the official Vocaloid store announced that Namco made a surprise voicebank release like it was so easy.

All we can do is pray that LUMi will get an english bank hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)