• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID New VOCALOID Mirai Komachi distributed by YAMAHA

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Her design is cute, i like plainer designs.
Her voice is fine enough. But releasing her without a demo first? That's....an interesting move.

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
It's just a typo. On the Japanese version of the Vocaloid Shop, she is listed as 400MB.
Well that is good, I guess. I always thought most voicebanks now days were about a 1gb or higher. Or is that only the english side?

Her design is cute, i like plainer designs.
Her voice is fine enough. But releasing her without a demo first? That's....an interesting move.
Her design is okay but the way she is posed is kinda odd when I look at it. Kinda like the did the body first and then the head last, if that makes sense. (Maybe it is the haircut) But yeah it is odd to have no demos but I think it is yamaha just being yamaha.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
Well that is good, I guess. I always thought most voicebanks now days were about a 1gb or higher. Or is that only the english side?
it's usually English loids yes, given how complex the language is so there's far more samples. sometimes Japanese banks are over a GB as well depending on their samples and other factors too. Lumi, Chika, Mayu are a few examples of Vocaloids that exceed 1GB. generally speaking most Vocaloids are around 1GB anyway

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Also did anyone notice on yamaha's website it says she is 400gb in size and not 400mb? If she really is 400GB what is the other 399 GB? The entire collection of Bandai gundam games?
It's a typo. The Japanese version of that page correctly says "mb".

Edit: Holy cow, when I pushed "reply" a ton of other messages appeared. Sorry for the redundant info. I literally didn't see it. o__o;

Her design is okay but the way she is posed is kinda odd when I look at it. Kinda like the did the body first and then the head last, if that makes sense. (Maybe it is the haircut) But yeah it is odd to have no demos but I think it is yamaha just being yamaha.
I think her pose seems off cause she's leaning impossibly in grey space. Her legs are both facing inward (pigeon toed), and yet one leg isn't on the ground and her rump is sticking out. Maybe if both feet were on the ground facing the same direction, it would seem like a normal pose and like she had a realistic center of gravity. Or maybe it's the lack of shadow on the floor grounding her. But I still like the art style she's drawn in.

Last edited:

idoltrash69

リンちゃんなう!
All these peeps saying she's kind of like Rin and honestly I don't see it? Like at all? She doesn't sound like Rin, at least to me, and sure, she has similar hair, but honestly, I don't see the supposed similarity at all. Another thing, I find Rin's design and voice to be very unique, while Komachi here, well... doesn't stand out at all, neither with her voice or her design.

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com

When I heard this I defo heard the Rin that people said they can hear. But it's less piercing than Rin's voice is so I could easily listen to her a lot more on high notes than I could with Rin.

I don't even need more VOCALOIDs but my mind is already changing, aha. But I want a cute physical box, dang it. I hate these mockup boxes they post and never use.

Lille

Aspiring Fan
May 3, 2018
So they release a new vocalist out of the blue and then claim that her revealed name is a nickname and she will be, in a way, renamed? I hope they're confident with what they're doing... ><

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
So they release a new vocalist out of the blue and then claim that her revealed name is a nickname and she will be, in a way, renamed? I hope they're confident with what they're doing... ><
I think it's closer to how Internet Co. has names for their software and names for their characters, like Megpoid and Gumi or Gachapoid and Ryuto. Personally, since she has an idol look to her I thought Mirai Komachi might be something like a stage name or sorts

Lille

Aspiring Fan
May 3, 2018
I think it's closer to how Internet Co. has names for their software and names for their characters, like Megpoid and Gumi or Gachapoid and Ryuto. Personally, since she has an idol look to her I thought Mirai Komachi might be something like a stage name or sorts
I'm not sure, I know it can't be helped until they actually launch the website but... like, her design seems very natural - it's not an overdone idol design like Tone Rion, for example. And she's connected to Namco. So when they say Mirai Komachi is a stage name, and that they'll announce her real name, it seems less like a software thing and more of a purely character building thing. I'm mostly concerned because since her appearance was very sudden, I just hope it doesn't become too confusing! They're doing a step-by-step introduction of the character. Post-release nonetheless... it's interesting. >~<

I didn't think of her name being a stage name. That would be cool, kind of like a Hannah Montana thing going on! XD
Hahahaha yeah!! Like a Hannah Montana thing! I was thinking more of Beyonce (edit: I just found out Beyonce is her real name, I didn't know. >___< RIP)

Last edited:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
People are already confused about her, like "I didn't know there was a Vocaloid named Mirai" or "Is she an UTAU?" Now when she gets a real name after who knows how long, people will probably be confused again.

I looked at her official site again, but the top line literally says:
はじめまして、ミライ小町です!
Nice to meet you, I'm Mirai Komachi!
The English Vocaloid Shop says:
Bandai Namco Studio, Inc’s Sound Team, introduces their original futuristic idol Mirai Komachi...
Character Name: Mirai Komachi
So she is a "futuristic idol". Hmm. Maybe they "retired" her of being a futuristic Bandai Namco software promoter girl and are just shoving her at us.

Edit: I'm an idiot. She's white, red, orange, and yellow because that's the Bandai Namco logo. The front of her jacket has the same overlapping colors. That's why she looks like Anon, just by coincidence.

Lille

Aspiring Fan
May 3, 2018
Oh no. I mean, newcomer confusion, specially Yamaha newcomer, right, but I hope the developers don't screw up her reputation with lame marketing or poor timing. That's why the name thing is a bit scary, I fear it can make it worse. This is already a tad confusing. Ultimately I'm curious for their purposes with her. ヾ(´ヘ`)ノ゙ And @uncreepy, you're not an idiot, it's just her design is nothing to spend too long looking at. >~< And they did cover the entire closed part of her shirt with her arms heh. I totally hadn't noticed the overlapped details.

BLANAero

Watakushi, Aero de gozaimasu!
Apr 8, 2018
Montréal, Canada
I might be the only one, but her voice actually reminds me of IA for some reason (mixed with Rin and Sakine Meiko as some said)
And she's really different from Kanon/Anon design-wise (ok the bottom of the coat), for her being orange doesn't mean she's the same
i feel like they give a completely different vibe
And yeah if flower would have a soft voicebank out of the blue like that I'd be quite mad they didn't advertise it

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
The name Mirai Komachi appears to mean 'beauty of the future'. Perhaps 'beauty of the future' is intended to be read as her title, i.e. a phrase describing her, rather than an actual name. But, due to the complexity of the Japanese language, it could easily be a form of wordplay that a non-native speaker would not pick up.

Last edited:

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
With the official YAMAHA JP page stating the character name is "Mirai Komachi" (below), I'd assume even Japanese fans would be assuming that's her name, though I guess the name order is a bit back to front from the usual names.
chrome_2018-05-25_23-02-06.png

Everything just goes about calling her "Mirai Komachi" so no one would suspect it's a simple nickname and not her real name. Unless they plan to market her as Mirai Komachi and this nickname is just a little extra thing they're adding for flavour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)