• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Non-sad vocaloid songs that make you cry

andantina

Jun 10, 2020
ashes to ashes
inspired by TheStarPalace's profile post from today.
what Vocaloid songs have made you cry? particularly ones that weren't intended as straight-up sad songs, and/or don't sound sad. maybe they remind you of the past, have an emotional melody or chord progression, or hard-hitting lyrics. or maybe you don't know why and it just evokes something in the back of your mind. for me, those songs are:

Harumaki Gohan - Seventina
aeru - A Bowl of Springrolls at Akatsukiya (especially this one)
HachiojiP - Still Love You
toa - Music Music
PinnochioP - All I Need Are Things I Like (touches on a big issue imo)
Honeyworks - Raspberry Monster (embodies how Vocaloid sounded to me when i was a kid. plus all those instrumental breaks and stuff... they hit different after all this time)

what about you? i'm curious which songs strike a chord with people.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Song of The Eared Robot

I'm not even really sure...what this song means...it just makes me feel some type of way. The vague lyrics, the nostalgic tune and video, the classic robotic Kasane Teto vocals. This song already hits different, but then the Miku Symphony version is just a straight up out of body experience.

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co
All vocaloid songs make me cry because I want to be a singer but have a bad voice so whenever i try to sing it i cry ;~;

Is ODDS&ENDS considered a non-sad Vocaloid song? The main reason why I would 'cry' would be for the nostalgic value it has on my life. It's like that one song that I can keep looping and it doesn't get tiring (mainly because I loop responsibly unlike SOME PEOPLE)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
After 2020? Any Mirai performance of "Hand in Hand" by kz. I mean, 2020 was a year where there was so much antagonism between people. We saw very clearly how people could be unwilling to work together, even when it was in their own self-interest as well as the interest of everyone else. And then you see a video of this little virtual girl leading hundreds of smiling people as they sing and clap along together.

The song's lyrics are really powerful, too, and are in the same vein. I've seen at least one other translation that's a bit different, but these from the Vocaloid Lyrics Wiki/Damesukekun are the ones I think of:
I'm humming a song
A song I release
To where my finger points out
The point I see with my eyes closed

See
Hand in hand, that hand of yours
May be someone else's hand I don't know
Hand in hand, I'm holding the hand
Forever, forever
To the future

Don't cry
You don't just understand this yet
Words and feelings
Are something you barely see

The gentleness changes tomorrow
The gentleness I release
To people I love, things I like
And places I like

See
Hand in hand, a song you shouted
Will wrap around
Hand in hand, someone's else's hand
Without any hesitation

So
Hand in hand, these strong feelings
Will embrace someone else's shoulder
Hand in hand, remember this
Forever, forever
To the future

These casual words
And these forgotten melodies
Create smiles
Before I know

This affection
You draw with your voice, with your finger
And with your heart will spread
To tomorrow

See
Hand in hand, the hand you're holding
Will wipe away
Hand in hand, someone else's tears
In a faraway place

So
Forever, forever
To the future

I'm humming a song
A song I release
To where my finger points out
The point I see with my eyes closed

See
Hand in hand, the hand you're holding
Will wipe away
Hand in hand, someone's else's tears
In a faraway place

So
Hand in hand, a song you shouted
Will wrap around
Hand in hand, someone else's hand
Without any hesitation

So
Forever, forever
To the future

riz_lady

Extreme Sonika Enjoyer
(ik i'm necroposting but njnekrfnke I just wanna discuss this)

Ik this is a pretty sad song on its own, but I noticed something different about the Spotify version of Rolling Girl, and it makes me feel different too.

It all has to do with the key (I think that's the term for it). The one for the original version of the song is pretty sad and depressing, and along with the lyrics, it's often interpreted as the protagonist finally succumbing to her depression after trying to survive for so long. The way I think of it as is that the story is being told after it has already happened.

In the Spotify version, the key is turned up, and it gives a more hopeful sort of feeling to it, like the protagonist is trying her hardest to fight all the way to the end, and it gives me the vibe that it's Miku herself that's telling the listeners how she keeps on going, even without changing the lyrics at all. Something about it makes me feel more inspired by it.

Spotify version:

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co

Ik this is a pretty sad song on its own, but I noticed something different about the Spotify version of Rolling Girl, and it makes me feel different too.

It all has to do with the key (I think that's the term for it). The one for the original version of the song is pretty sad and depressing, and along with the lyrics, it's often interpreted as the protagonist finally succumbing to her depression after trying to survive for so long. The way I think of it as is that the story is being told after it has already happened.

In the Spotify version, the key is turned up, and it gives a more hopeful sort of feeling to it, like the protagonist is trying her hardest to fight all the way to the end, and it gives me the vibe that it's Miku herself that's telling the listeners how she keeps on going, even without changing the lyrics at all. Something about it makes me feel more inspired by it.

Spotify version:
All you got to do is make a song into a major/minor key and it has a completely different vibe

andantina

Jun 10, 2020
ashes to ashes

Spotify version:
Wow i usually dont listen to Vocaloid music on Spotify, so i had no idea they pitched it up for the Spotify release. I get what you mean, having it in a higher key somehow makes it sound more like a motivational anthem than a cry for help.
Also, i might be imagining this but i noticed that they changed the sound mixing so that it sounds cleaner, compared to the original rough sound of wowaka's niconico release. That might also contribute to it sounding brighter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)