• New accounts will normally be approved within 24 hours.
    Note: We're currently having issues with our e-mail system, anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) must be changed manually by an Admin. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Software SeeU Re:Voice for VOXFactory

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
359
A couple of days ago, the official SBS SeeU account on Twitter posted the following teaser announcing new content titled "SeeU Re:Voice." That teaser is as follows:


Before the teaser was uploaded, BNTNews published an article (seemingly early) that SeeU would be re-released on VOXFactory with an AI update: 시유, 15년 만에 새 목소리 공개

Finally, at the scheduled time, a three-song compilation preview of SeeU's new voice library was uploaded, followed by a full-length song using her VOCALOID3 library and new VOXFactory library.


Pre-orders open on November 10th, at 08:00 PM KST, with a limited-edition anniversary version launching on December 1st at 08:00 PM KST. It has been noted that part of the SeeU Re:voice project involves potentially releasing on other domestic and international voice softwares in the future.

I am very excited that SeeU has returned. While it is unfortunate there was a voice actress change, it is understandable, and I think the new voice actress does sound like SeeU! It will take a bit of getting used to, but the important thing is that she has returned.
 

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
150
Despite being voiced by a different VP I think they did a really good job at casting. Of course a 100% match with Dahee would be extremely unlikely but she still sounds very SeeU and how I imagined she would sound on an AI bank.

Just so crazy we have a proper revival for her at long last!! As someone who got into Vocaloid at the start of the V3 era this has been ever, SeeU is one of the legends of that era to me lol. Looking forward to her Vox Factory release & hope their plans to expand to other synths pan out
 

senza

vocaboomer
Dec 21, 2025
7
www.youtube.com
I'm personally very disappointed. I think people (including her devs ig) forget that SeeU was a Gen 2 Kpop idol in a box. I think all of those sensibilities have been lost. Like, why is she so... light?

I get that her VP probably had to be replaced atp, I just wished it wasn't so. I was excited for YEARS to have that Gen 2-style voice be translated to modern-day vocal synth, especially because SeeU on V3 is borderline oppressive, and it's just... not there. Welcome back, I guess.

Don't wanna be a downer though, I'm glad people enjoy her.
 
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Leon

saeikk

SeeUNI are everything to me
Oct 12, 2021
12
First of all, this isn't a hate post or anything like that, I'll love my SeeU no matter what, but I think it's fine if I share a little bit of my opinion about the sound of the new voice. I just want to share a few of my thoughts and move on. SeeU will always be my girl, no matter what, and even if I didn't like this voice that much, I'll still love her. AND I'M SO HAPPY SHE'S BACK! REALLY, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM!

I’m so mad about this. I love SeeU, I really do, and that’s why this frustrates me so much. I wanted to like her new voice, I REALLY WANTED TO but I just can’t.
It’s not that the voice itself is bad, it actually sounds nice, it’s just not SeeU. I simply can't hear her in it, just at times. To me, this new voice sounds much closer to Synthesizer V UNI. When I think of SeeU, I think of a voice that is cute without being over the top, slightly deeper, and has a distinct touch of huskiness. This new voice is bright, clean, just like UNI's tone.
If it were up to me, I’d recast her with someone else. I know most likely this might be a very unpopular opinion, especially given everything, us, SeeU fans have gone through to get to this point, and it genuinely makes me sad to say it.
Instead of going on a huge rant, I'll just share who I think would make a great new voice provider, or at least who for me represents how SeeU should sound:
Park Dahye. She’s a 29 year old singer and an absolute powerhouse vocalist. She's also just a few years younger than SeeU's original voice provider (who is currently 32).



세기의 대결…😱 음이 남는다 남어???
 
Last edited:

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
303
28
Germany
I like this new SeeU, they definitely found someone with a very similar voice.
But I agree that something is missing. Original SeeU is more nasal and.. sounds.. chewy? Kinda difficult to describe.
Always thought that her voicebank sounded very "full" instead of flat like most others and she had kind of a snooty vibe to her.
The new SeeU is a lot more airy and silky smooth. But I still like her. I'll probably get used to the new sound.
 

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
404
32
I guess what is lacking to the new vocal provided for SeeU is the fact that original SeeU had some sass and plus, had this kinda R'n'B vibe sound quality to her timbre with more bass undertones, nearly brassy

All will depend on when she's released, it' be nice to look at the presets and I guess the way to make her sound close to her former self is to play with the formant and perhaps one or two parameters (not too heavy on those, mainly dynamics) and then make some advanced manual tuning touch-up

But yeah, while her voice is beautiful and stilla bit close to her, I guess the fact she doesn't have much this kind of sound she had back in VOCALOID3 but instead if lighter and cuter-sounding as in a sweeter way, kinda make her sound as a brand new character (which is obvious since they changed VA)
 

lIlI

⚡
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 6, 2018
1,309
Kanru's walls
First of all, this isn't a hate post or anything like that, I'll love my SeeU no matter what, but I think it's fine if I share a little bit of my opinion about the sound of the new voice. I just want to share a few of my thoughts and move on. SeeU will always be my girl, no matter what, and even if I didn't like this voice that much, I'll still love her. AND I'M SO HAPPY SHE'S BACK! REALLY, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM!

I’m so mad about this. I love SeeU, I really do, and that’s why this frustrates me so much. I wanted to like her new voice, I REALLY WANTED TO but I just can’t.
It’s not that the voice itself is bad, it actually sounds nice, it’s just not SeeU. I simply can't hear her in it, just at times. To me, this new voice sounds much closer to Synthesizer V UNI. When I think of SeeU, I think of a voice that is cute without being over the top, slightly deeper, and has a distinct touch of huskiness. This new voice is bright, clean, just like UNI's tone.
If it were up to me, I’d recast her with someone else. I know most likely this might be a very unpopular opinion, especially given everything, us, SeeU fans have gone through to get to this point, and it genuinely makes me sad to say it.
Instead of going on a huge rant, I'll just share who I think would make a great new voice provider, or at least who for me represents how SeeU should sound:
Park Dahye. She’s a 29 year old singer and an absolute powerhouse vocalist. She's also just a few years younger than SeeU's original voice provider (who is currently 32).



세기의 대결…😱 음이 남는다 남어???
Merging with the news thread!
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)