• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Spooky vocaloid songs

Sep 21, 2019
I think it’s time to bring this thread back! None of these are necessarily Halloween, but they do give those spooky vibes.

I always feel so mixed about this Tei original. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I’m just not super fond of how Tei sounds singing here. But I still find it cool as heck the her VP did the speaking.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Honestly the Tei song went better than I expected because I thought the twist was gonna be he was dead from the start :teto_lili: I get why you’re ambivalent about it, I feel like in some parts the tuning worked really well and in others not so much. I mostly listened to it because I wanted to hear the VP talk honestly, I don’t listen to creepy songs much anymore

Like I said in the spoiler I don’t listen to scary songs much anymore but I don’t think I ever got around to sharing this cover of “Rotten Girl, Grotesque Romance” with Genbu so I’ll drop it here. It’s one of my favorite Genbu uses I’ve heard (plus Machigerita songs have always been some of my favorite creepy songs, namely this one, “I wonder if you can say you’re sorry,” and “Sunset Love Suicide”... and now I realize I’m repeating myself a little because I forgot my post on the first page was a thing oops my bad XP)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
I think it’s time to bring this thread back! None of these are necessarily Halloween, but they do give those spooky vibes.

I always feel so mixed about this Tei original. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I’m just not super fond of how Tei sounds singing here. But I still find it cool as heck the her VP did the speaking.
Thank you for reviving iiiiiit~ Oh my I've been listening to that 1st one on repeat for few months now 😭 been meaning to share it on this forum too!

And I'm with Tema here, some parts work, some don't but when Tei's vp comes up...hooo boy. I think it redeems some of the off pasrts!

Like I said in the spoiler I don’t listen to scary songs much anymore but I don’t think I ever got around to sharing this cover of “Rotten Girl, Grotesque Romance” with Genbu so I’ll drop it here. It’s one of my favorite Genbu uses I’ve heard (plus Machigerita songs have always been some of my favorite creepy songs, namely this one, “I wonder if you can say you’re sorry,” and “Sunset Love Suicide”... and now I realize I’m repeating myself a little because I forgot my post on the first page was a thing oops my bad XP)
That is so well tuned wtf also makes me feel better abt my wip cover cuz I diverge a bit from the og too kjhgf

Also totally agreed on Machigerita!

Yubikiri is a great song on its own, but this cover is SO good. It’s one of the few usages of Luka’s V4X that I truly adore.

I remember when I shared this one w u sweetie~ :mirai_ani_lili:

I must sing the praises of my favorite Halloween Vocaloid song as well as one of the first Vocaloid songs I ever heard: Dream Meltic Halloween! I always listen to it at some point in the days leading up to Halloween as well as whenever I'm looking for some good nostalgia.

That one's a classic 😭

Sep 21, 2019
I never listened to Splatter Party before Tanjiro released this cover, but goodness am I glad I decided to listen to this one. It’s amazing. I never realized Teto could sound so… creepy. I love it so much.
Also ChanPo’s demon Tet art is amazing. I wanna see more spooky Tetos~!

• Love

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I always found the Benzene series to be rather creepy, especially the beginning of Toluene. Bonus Stage(Also done by Owata-P) also has a creepy and sad feeling to it.

Daughter of Evil is also somewhat spooky, but it is mostly it's melody that is, not the lyrics.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Creepy songs were some of the first I encountered in Vocaloid, I've got to put these vintage spooky songs in for nostalgia's sake:

Does anyone remember a mildly creepy song, probably 5+ years old, which had Miku reclining against a red background (normal outfit)? It was a trance/electronic style track. I can't remember its name for the life of me...

• Love

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Does anyone remember a mildly creepy song, probably 5+ years old, which had Miku reclining against a red background (normal outfit)? It was a trance/electronic style track. I can't remember its name for the life of me...
Would it be Red Swampy Marsh/Red Swampy Marsh Bottom?(It has been a long time since I saw that song's title so I may have gotten it wrong). It had a red background on it's thumbnail. I do not know if Miku was reclining on it, but she was also in the thumbnail.

dezzydream

jermacraft
So uh, oh kind of a funny story I think? I thought I've heard trick or treat before so I tried looking it up and found out that I was right, I've heard the song in this Sonic video that some kid made over 9 years ago. That's something.

My favorite thing about this is that it looks like Shadow is wearing socks with sandals. Lol yea anyways thanks for sharing!
this is late but seeing this post made me Very happy because it was unexpected and sonic is my current hyperfixation lol

• Love

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Would it be Red Swampy Marsh/Red Swampy Marsh Bottom?(It has been a long time since I saw that song's title so I may have gotten it wrong). It had a red background on it's thumbnail. I do not know if Miku was reclining on it, but she was also in the thumbnail.
That's another great throwback, but it's not quite it. I think it had a party/disco theme?

Gorgeous artistic recreation by me:

On the topic of more classic spooky Vocaloid songs, how could we forget:

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
That's another great throwback, but it's not quite it. I think it had a party/disco theme?

Gorgeous artistic recreation by me:

On the topic of more classic spooky Vocaloid songs, how could we forget:

I searched for miku disco/trance songs and these are what I could find that seemed to fit your description somewhat. The last one seems to have similar imagery to your picture.
I hope one of these is the song you are looking for. If not, I would try the What's That Song thread. Good luck.

vampy wolf

New Fan
Dec 4, 2020
The first song I thought of was Okaasan by Machigerita, but honestly I have no idea why because I definitely wouldn’t call it a favorite. It's simple and short but it Works on me (aka freaks me out rofl) (Another spooky song of his that I actually liked as a song is Sunset Love Suicide, yandere songs were my weakness at one time)

Less spooky but more Halloween themed, I liked Pumpkin Syndrome by PolyphonicBranch (it took me a bit of time to find it because all I could remember were the ending lyrics and that it was a Kagamine song asdfs)
have u listened to dark woods circus , alice of human sacrfice , and secrets of wysteria ? those are good songs to listen to at night in the dark

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Since the season is almost here, I figured I'd add a few more songs:

"The Vampire" (For the title/surface subject matter)

For the subject matter:
"Hitorinbo Envy"
"This Is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)