• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
That'd be suicide, wouldn't it be? SynthV, good as it is, is still pretty unknown. The release would get completely buried by Miku NT, like Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 being released on the same day as The Force Awakens. Of course, I'm not too knowledgeable on these kinds of things, so I'm just waiting to see how it plays out; either way, I'll be a staunch supporter.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I don't think they're trying to compete with Miku NT in the slightest. Miku is one thing, SVR2 is another. I don't think there'll be much competition since I'd assume a majority of the people who care about Miku NT could not give less of a damn about non-Crypton VBs anyway. This is definitely part of why GENBU has been delayed, I'd agree there.

Very excited to hear this! Knowing how SynthV DBs are usually costed, if it's just a straight port to SVR2 I doubt the upgrade would cost anything. I think they'll probably end up going Xingchen ENG/CHN -> Updates -> Male voice. This probably means we'll start to see new companies coming in as well.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I forgot, but no one posted this yet:

I feel like in combination with knowing why voice banks have been delayed (because of Synth V 2) and them building a recording area makes it seem like we will get some rapid changes.

As for competing with Miku NT, I guess even if the software came out around the same time, they might only have Masaki to compete in terms of a Japanese voice bank (assuming you might have to pay for her??). I think they'd just update the engine and THEN start releasing voices. Anyway, most of us who wanted Miku NT already paid for it. But it will be hard to divide time up between learning the changes with both software if they do come out at the same time, honestly. In terms of novelty, Miku NT has Synth V beat (so far we know Synth V is getting a whisper feature and interface change). ...Not that Crypton is ever on time with deadlines and Kanru is ever very transparent about deadlines.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I think the booth is mainly for making test voicebanks but could also see Dreamtonics-produced voicebanks being recorded here. The one interesting thing I got out of that thread was that Dreamtonics use an AT2020 for their recordings (they value room acoustics much more than electronics), and also that Eleanor Forte was recorded using an AT2020.

Masaki being a paid-for product is doubtful unless they update her massively. As far as I can hear she's only monopitch like Eleanor, so I would assume that they'll just release her as a free voice to use. She's definitely not the Japanese voicebank from a well-known company they were hyping up before. It'd be more of a competition if a compnay like Internet Co. came out with a GUMI voice for SynthV or something like that.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Do you have more than one track? You can assign a color to each track (ex: red, blue) and see the colors of the notes in those tracks underneath. I think that is what you are seeing with those dots.

yeto

New Fan
Feb 26, 2020
Do you have more than one track? You can assign a color to each track (ex: red, blue) and see the colors of the notes in those tracks underneath. I think that is what you are seeing with those dots.
Yes, That makes sense.

Thank you taking time to help,
yeto

yeto

New Fan
Feb 26, 2020
I see the following on the website home page:

"Lyrics can be easily broken down by syllables using "+" and "-" substitutes or converted into phonemes with one keystroke."

I think I know what this means but when would you use "+" and when would you use "-"? I guess a better question would be what is the difference between the two?

Thank you,
yeto

static-oceans

I feel so high in the blue, blue sky
Dec 2, 2019
you use - to continue the current syllable, you use + to transition into the next, so for the word "hello" if the first note has "hel" and in the next note you put -, it will draw out the 'hel' sound into the next note, if you put +, however, the next sound will be the "lo". hope this helps!

mahalisyarifuddin

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Palembang, Indonesia
I see the following on the website home page:

"Lyrics can be easily broken down by syllables using "+" and "-" substitutes or converted into phonemes with one keystroke."

I think I know what this means but when would you use "+" and when would you use "-"? I guess a better question would be what is the difference between the two?

Thank you,
yeto

Reactions: Leon

yeto

New Fan
Feb 26, 2020
you use - to continue the current syllable, you use + to transition into the next, so for the word "hello" if the first note has "hel" and in the next note you put -, it will draw out the 'hel' sound into the next note, if you put +, however, the next sound will be the "lo". hope this helps!
Thank you. This is very helpful.

Reactions: static-oceans

yeto

New Fan
Feb 26, 2020
When I "Render to File" I don't get the instrument track. Is it possible to save the file as a WAV file and include the instrument track?

Thank you,
yeto

static-oceans

I feel so high in the blue, blue sky
Dec 2, 2019
There should be an option to check a box that says "export mixdown track" when you render to file in the project tab. I believe that should render the master track :)

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Yeah, SynthV’s weird about that. It insists on exporting every single individual track alongside the mixdown. But if that doesn’t solve the issue, you can slap the instrumental back on in a DAW of your choosing and export that mixdown.

Reactions: Leon

yeto

New Fan
Feb 26, 2020
There should be an option to check a box that says "export mixdown track" when you render to file in the project tab. I believe that should render the master track :)
I now see in the manual the instrument is not included in the mixdown.

yeto

New Fan
Feb 26, 2020
Yeah, SynthV’s weird about that. It insists on exporting every single individual track alongside the mixdown. But if that doesn’t solve the issue, you can slap the instrumental back on in a DAW of your choosing and export that mixdown.
Got it done in my DAW. Thank you for your help. It worked very nicely.

Reactions: peaches2217

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)