• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I noticed this the other day when I was doing research. I think it's just one of the things he's been working on for a while that has just been approved, but it could have some applications for SVR2. Looking forward to news soon.

Reactions: kozet

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yeah that basically confirms my suspicion that Rikka will get a SynthV voicebank. Now the question is whether she's already in development or will have a crowdfunder like her Voiceroid...

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
It took a really long time to get an official Twitter. Hopefully it gets used periodically and not just only for the Synth V 2 release. I'm just kind of worried because Kanru doesn't really comment on his own Synth V forum anymore, so I am wonder if the Twitter will suffer the same fate. (Sorry if this sounds rude, I can't think of a "nice" way to say this.)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
To be fair I've not looked at the SynthV forum in ages myself but unless there's a significant bug that needs responding to there's not really anything he would need to respond to on there since all the work for the past... 7? 8? months has been on SVR2. If I ever had an actual enquiry it was much easier to DM him there or on Twitter. Just glad that there is an official Twitter now since it's something I've been begging for since 2018.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I literally visit the Synth V forum at least once a week. Kanru NEVER replies to people asking for help in English. Sometimes he replies to Chinese bug reports. I think it's really bad representation for the business. Why make a forum specifically for people to use for help when you don't have any mods actually answering questions? There is just me and maybe like 4 other users at best who inconsistently rotate to try to answer questions just because we like vocal synths. The forum legitimately is depressing/embarrassing to look at and I mean it, every week I leave shaking my head like, "Wow, this forum stinks and I felt a part of my soul die". Just because he's working on SV2 doesn't mean he should ignore potential customers (I think that's why he only replies to Chinese users, cause they actually bought voice banks. Some English users bought the editor, too, though!). And I've heard from more than one people that Kanru is hard to get ahold of because he randomly stops replying. (Also, I know I tried to be nice about this in my previous post, but, uh,,, it honestly makes me really annoyed and if you're reading this, Kanru, I meant every word. Get some mods!)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I literally visit the Synth V forum at least once a week. Kanru NEVER replies to people asking for help in English. Sometimes he replies to Chinese bug reports. I think it's really bad representation for the business. Why make a forum specifically for people to use for help when you don't have any mods actually answering questions? There is just me and maybe like 4 other users at best who inconsistently rotate to try to answer questions just because we like vocal synths. The forum legitimately is depressing/embarrassing to look at and I mean it, every week I leave shaking my head like, "Wow, this forum stinks and I felt a part of my soul die". Just because he's working on SV2 doesn't mean he should ignore potential customers (I think that's why he only replies to Chinese users, cause they actually bought voice banks. Some English users bought the editor, too, though!). And I've heard from more than one people that Kanru is hard to get ahold of because he randomly stops replying. (Also, I know I tried to be nice about this in my previous post, but, uh,,, it honestly makes me really annoyed and if you're reading this, Kanru, I meant every word. Get some mods!)
Honestly, this was my experience, too. I joined the SV forum awhile back because I was interested and wanted to get info on if any progress had been made on fixing the issue they were having with antivirus software flagging the software. I don't know if no one saw my question, if it was just a known issue ("Yeah, we know: we didn't pay to get Microsoft to be ok with our software and fix the false positive. Shut up already."), if it got fixed, or what, but I never did get an answer from anyone. I was thinking about getting the paid version, too...

Oh well, there's money I don't need to spend.

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Honestly, this was my experience, too. I joined the SV forum awhile back because I was interested and wanted to get info on if any progress had been made on fixing the issue they were having with antivirus software flagging the software. I don't know if no one saw my question, if it was just a known issue ("Yeah, we know: we didn't pay to get Microsoft to be ok with our software and fix the false positive. Shut up already."), if it got fixed, or what, but I never did get an answer from anyone. I was thinking about getting the paid version, too...

Oh well, there's money I don't need to spend.
They still haven't fixed that (people still ask about it, too). You have to manually go in your antivirus and add an exception. (To be fair, I had to do this for VOICEROID EX, but that's just cause it was foreign.) I think part of the antivirus thing was that Kanru didn't want to pay for a business phone line if I remember right. I'm seriously hoping SV2 fixes this antivirus thing and also the weird way you have to connect to a DAW.

Reactions: mobius017

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
So if they are having a stream toward the end of June to announce new features/voices, then I guess we could maybe(?) assume we can buy the voices some time in July? I wonder which guests will be there, maybe Quadimension and Rikka Koharu's company?

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Finally. It'll have been about eight months since Haiyi released, but looks like we'll be getting more than one voice. My guess is that the special guests will be a representative from TOKYO6, a representative from Quadimension and a representative from Animen, with possibly a fourth guest we don't know about. I'm almost certain there'll be news from Animen there. Sorry to my wallet in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)