• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Seems like orders from AHS' store were accidentally shipped early. The status on both orders I made since i bought the starter pack and kotonoha physical separately like a fool are marked as shipped on my end (edit: just got the emails saying they were indeed shipped). Some people will get their orders before the actual release date because of this.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Tsuina-chan suspiciously keeps tweeting about Synth V

Someone tweeted about wondering why Tsuina greeted Aoi and Akane to Synth V ("for research?"), commented that Rikka is also on Synth V and that Synth V is on their mind.
Tsuina quoted it and laughed evilly ("ufuffu, is that so?...♥) and goes on to elaborate, for reasons that definitely aren't suspicious, that Synth V also works on Mac and that is a very nice selling point.

AHS is having a booth called Voice Connect where they will be selling Voiceroid goods. I'm not really sure what she means, but she mentions stuff also being sold at a Synth V event.

I could see Tsuina crowdfunding a singing voice. And I would be in line to buy it, haha.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I remember she did tweet around the initial announcement that she's interested in Synth V and if her fans will support it, she'd be happy to do a crowdfunding campaign for a bank of her own. So she's been pretty open about it! Don't know if it will happen 100%, but if it does, it won't be a surprise, haha.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Thanks for clarifying, I appreciate the extra info. Honestly, I feel like it's hard to keep track of Tsuina-chan's tweets because of the constant flood on her Twitter liking fan content of her (and personally, I unfollowed it cause I ran out of the holy water eye bleach combo). ><

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Yeah I don't know of anything set in stone for her right now, it's just her team being very interested in making it happen. I think it could be funded, but it's a matter for them to discuss with AHS and see what can be done. I hope to see it though, I quite like her voice.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018

I'm thinking of showing and talking about the VSTi version and other voice databases tomorrow.

They're gonna talk to Kanru and explain details about Synth V. Also talk about the results of the Maki design contests.

Reactions: Twillby

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Eyes emoji indeed. Of course it could be him talking about other companies, but I think we might be about to get a new vocal announced.

In other news, Quadimension vocals are on sale at ANiCUTE. They retail for NT$ 3,150 each, which is approximately the same as on Taobao. Converts to $108 as of this post. If you want to get the upgrade discount I believe it's best to email [email protected] and ask them about it. Also, AiKO has received an official MMD model by トミタケ. It's really good looking!

Reactions: uncreepy

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I didn't want to download the file, but I was curious what her MMD model looks like, so I looked it up on YouTube/bilibili (only found like 4 videos using it, I'm gonna link to most of them cause they're cute lol).

(I can't figure out how to embed bilibili vids.)
:ring_ani_lili:

Probably the best animated one I found.

Aiko singing Japanese.

Clearest version where you can get a good look at the model.

Reactions: Twillby

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Okay given up on my essay, so will be updating thread shortly with more purchase links.

The procedure for getting the special upgrade discount on Medium⁵ vocals is as follows. You must contact [email protected] providing proof of purchase for the vocal you wish to upgrade, which could be a Taobao screenshot, receipt, or so on. Anything that can prove you bought it works. Then they'll be able to take it from there and a special purchase option will be made available for the account linked to your email which allows you to buy the upgrade version for $300NTD, or about $10.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I think ANiCUTE want to give a discount wherever they can but likely can't because Quadimension don't want to be undercharged on their own voices, so they can only give a really small discount for if you buy them as a bundle. Otherwise I would have expected them to be around the same price as Saki. Honestly I'm just glad they got permission to sell them at all, it's the first time they've been available outside of China ever (!).

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I am watching the stream (and struggling to stay awake), I hope they announce something big, because I am already sick of seeing people ask for Maki on SV in the chat/Twitter. But that chats are usually like 2 hours... 25 min in and they basically talked about Voice Connect (btw, Gynoid declined to attend because they are too new to the talk software scene), showed merch (including a cute cell phone holder) and Rikka shirts, talked about wearing Corona masks. That's all I remember so far, at least.

Reactions: Wario94 and xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Other than talking about Kiritan and then Itako's crowdfunder a bit it's been pretty dead. Maybe they'll announce something during the Synthesizer V segment?

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Summary so far, I guess:
To add to the crowdfunding talk, they had to clap and and there's like 27 hrs left and it's already 222% paid.
They showed off the boxes for each voice bank and explained about the starter pack.
They said people should try out the browser version and it blew people's mind in the chat (like "We can try it for FREE? Are you crazy?!").
Kanru didn't get to say anything until 48 min in, showed off the software on a computer (they had technical difficulties related to the volume being too low for a while).

I think that's pretty much it so far. (I went away to watch cryptid videos/lisiten to Reddit drama narration for a while, though. I hate how long these streams are, honestly... I feel like I'm being held captive for a "mere" 2 hours. <--Probably an unpopular opinion, but whatever.)

I swear, this is just gonna end up being a demo of the voice banks we already knew about and nothing else and there's gonna be no Maki SV.

Reactions: Wario94

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
They introduced the Quadimension girls (couldn't pronounce their names at all, even in Japanese, it was like This is "San... san...son (cough)") and Genbu/Eleanor, but didn't mention Aiko at all (poor Aiko). No new voicebanks mentioned (so they didn't mention Rikka or anything else).
They talked about the Maki design contest results.
I was surprised because a lot of commenters in the chat didn't know about the Quadimension girls and they were confused by having to buy the editor separate. Everyone on Twitter is squee-ing about Eleanor in Japanese.
Tsuina-chan was in the chat, too.
They ended by talking about all the current synths like CeVIO and stuff.
Japanese users like to call Synth V "Shinse V" (on Twitter and in the chat), but AHS wants them to write it in English.

It seems that they don't plan to update old voices unless they reach the point of being unusable (ex: if they have a V4, they're not updating them), they are probably gonna focus on new vocals.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Sorry for posting a lot, but here's some more stuff about them wanting to focus on new voices to prove I didn't dream up that that's what they said.

"Prioritizing increasing new voices" I-is that soー.
AHS always has that goal, don't they→Rather than new versions, they increase voices
When V2 reached its limits, everyone was moved to V4, but
(Internet Co. is the opposite, everyone was moved from V2 during the V3 era, so they didn't do V4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)