• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Haru.jpg has announced that they were the one in charge of Saki AI's Labelling, which is about as close as you'll get to programming a library. If you recognise the name they are also known as Napstina, previously responsible for Quadimension vocals' Labelling. They're now working freelance.

What does labeling mean?

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
What does labeling mean?
Labelling is essentially the configuration process for Synthesizer V. I can't explain it too well since I'm not a programmer but it's essentially marking what part of a sample is which sound, which then gets fed into Synthesizer V's machine learning algorithm to output a voice database. Since then Haru.jpg has also been responsible for labelling Koharu Rikka's Synthesizer V databases too!

Reactions: nachodorito and ---

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Glad to hear progress on Eleanor, though not surprised it's been quiet with the world being as it is... Interesting that they couldn't do recordings overseas like voice acting, but I'm cool with waiting to be honest. All the Synth V news popping up lately has made me excited for the future of the software though

Silver1063

Aspiring Fan
Apr 19, 2019
I'm assuming recording a Std voice bank is like utau where you record a set recording list, and if you don't pronounce the lines right, it sounds not good, where as with AI voice banks, they literally just sing and then create midi data and labeling that matches the singers recordings. I'm guessing everyone involved with Eleanor Forte is overseas, where as Eleanor's VA lives in a western country, and they don't trust her to pronounce the Std reclist right without direction Lmao.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Eleanor Forte AI is probably a good choice for future proofing because the ai synth v are actively getting worked on and updated there's been 2 big updates since release of ai and it has even been a whole year yet. Excited to see where this goes and excited for banks to actually get major updates unlike vocaloid.

Reactions: Blue Of Mind

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Standard basically needs a lot more care and attention when recording as well as a more carefully monitored recording environment, and I believe Kanru wants to monitor Eleanor's Standard recordings at Dreamtonics' office if they do happen. Eleanor's voice provider isn't in Japan and it's impossible to travel to Japan when you're not a citizen right now so it simply can't be done in the current climate.

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Labelling is essentially the configuration process for Synthesizer V. I can't explain it too well since I'm not a programmer but it's essentially marking what part of a sample is which sound, which then gets fed into Synthesizer V's machine learning algorithm to output a voice database. Since then Haru.jpg has also been responsible for labelling Koharu Rikka's Synthesizer V databases too!
So its like otoing and UTAU vb, right?

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
So its like otoing and UTAU vb, right?
In the same general sense, yes, but saying that is the same as saying it's like configuring a DeepVocal VB, or any other synth for that matter. I wouldn't put it like that myself because it oversimplifies things and can give the wrong impression (want to avoid what happened with people's impression of VOCALOID development).

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Everytime I think I'm out Renri happens amazing vocal can't wait to see what's up with her

Silver1063

Aspiring Fan
Apr 19, 2019
Ummm, I'm pretty sure that's from last year when they launched Synthesizer V Studio Pro, not related to Volor's new new official website...

Yea, its been there since at least October 27 2020
1625319702581.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)