• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
So idk if this was said already somewhere, but now that Ellie's AI preorder is out... do we know if she's going to be getting a physical in the future? I don't want to preorder her now if it means I'll be missing out on a box 😔

___

Oct 8, 2019
Afaik Volor isn't all that big right? I wouldn't be surprised if there were no boxes in the future.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Oh I wouldn't be either! I just wanted to make sure there hadn't been any whispers about one that I'd missed, before I preorder the DL 😅

Reactions: ___

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Not really related to Seika or news in general, but the second half of the tweet is saying that they also developed Rikka, using the wrong kanji (立花 vs 六花 - the latter is how Rikka's name is actually spelled, but the tweet uses the former).

There's been a running gag with Rikka's official twitter where people kept using the former incorrect spelling of her name. Rikka eventually got annoyed to the point where she's been "arresting" people for it (if you've seen fanart of Rikka in police uniform attire, this is why). The single quote retweet on Tomo's tweet is Rikka just saying the word "島流し" which means exile/banishment, which means even the president of AHS isn't safe from Rikka's wrath, lol. (Clicking on the tag she used will lead you to a series of tweets where she's just arresting everyone who spells her name wrong)

Tomo's tags also are related to being arrested so he's just playing along.

edit: An additional layer (and probably why this tweet was made) is that Seika's VP is Tachibana Rika... which is spelled 立花. But then he uses that exact same spelling to refer to Rikka later on which is what drew her ire.

___

Oct 8, 2019
This isn't a leak, they've been listed as Synth Vs on TOKYO6's website for weeks, haha.
they've always been talked about in rather teasing manner, now being offcially recognized is a leak at least imo 😳 even if it were expected, to me they were just few steps above SynthV Row's status beforehand

but I don't see their development status leaking as a bad thing tho like the twitter mod does 😩

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
they've always been talked about in rather teasing manner, now being offcially recognized is a leak at least imo 😳 even if it were expected, to me they were just few steps above SynthV Row's status beforehand

but I don't see their development status leaking as a bad thing tho like the twitter mod does 😩
Wouldn't that make Rosa, Seika and Tsuina-chan 'leaks' too? They and Rikka's friends were previously announced for SynthV, but aren't ready for release yet. I think the fandom was just surprised because they missed TOKYO6 confirming them for SynthV in June. :clara_ani_lili: But it was always clear that they were coming to the engine, so no surprises here. On their website they say they plan to make SynthV AI and CeVIO AI Talk voices. Looks like they might not get a Standard, which is interesting.

Last edited:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
The key word in the tweet is "initiatives" - these aren't banks that are in development or even 100% going to happen, it's more a list of authorized characters that can talk about getting a future Synthesizer V bank in an official way without getting vagued or striked down by Dreamtonics. (Which VirVox didn't do - they were talking about crowdfunding for Genbu AI specifically and were almost set to launch it before Dreamtonics stepped in like wait hold up)

Rosa, Karin, and Chifuyu almost certainly (Rosa for sure) are going to be crowdfunded still. Being on the list just means they're authorized to do so; I wouldn't really consider them leaks since we've known for a long time that they were going to try and raise funds for this - it's not a leak if we knew about it beforehand. (Karin and Chifuyu I think got a "we'd like to do it in the future" that seemed a little vague so seeing them on there was a bit surprising, but if it's been mentioned on their website then there isn't really anything Dreamtonics did that revealed information TOKYO6 haven't, regardless of how many people saw or knew of it prior) Rosa's Cevio AI crowdfund just ended so we probably won't be seeing anything regarding her on Synth V for quite a while yet, but we know she has the clear to do so once she does.

As for Seika and Tsuina... if they weren't authorized, they would've been shot down a long time ago.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I don't see that argument making much of a sense especially in Tsuina and Seika's cases 😳

again, the most capacity they've talked about is in "we'd like to" and this is the most they've been confirmed, again they came across as glorified Row in their socials so if we want to get nitpicky about words this is the most official confirmation of them that we've got.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Didn’t Rikka’s crowdfund originally have only the talk bank and AI bank as goals, and the Standard was added later? Maybe it could be the same way (maybe)
AI didn't exist at the time of Rikka's crowdfund. It was just for a single Synth V bank (the only type that existed at the time), and then Synth V AI was officially revealed later along with Rikka being confirmed that she'd be getting Standard and AI!

Her Voiceroid wiki page has all the details on how her crowdfund went in order - I updated it pretty much every time a goal was announced or reached.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I could totally see the standard vbs being a stretch goal tho! Guess we'll have to wait and see but ideally I'd love for both to exist:0 I'd say it's feasible in their case too.

I wonder in what order the crowdfunders will be...or whether they'd have them both at a same time 😳 I see the former being the case tho

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I could totally see the standard vbs being a stretch goal tho! Guess we'll have to wait and see but ideally I'd love for both to exist:0 I'd say it's feasible in their case too.

I wonder in what order the crowdfunders will be...or whether they'd have them both at a same time 😳 I see the former being the case tho
As much as AI banks have grown on me, I reeeeeeaaaaaally hope they’re not AI-exclusive. I like Rikka AI, but it can’t be used for as much as her Standard can… either way, given Rikka’s explosive popularity, I can see them having both pretty easily.

Reactions: ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)