• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Really looking forward to SVR2 honestly, excited to see how the engine improves. Due to them working on SVR2, I think it's safe to say that after Haiyi I could only really see Xingchen's SynthV VB (ZERO?) coming out before they update, but after they update we'll start to see those English and Japanese voicebanks Kanru was talking about.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
New GUI is going to be fire, I bet. Also, regarding non-Chinese VBs, we've known for a WHILE now that VBs are being worked on and it's just the case that Quadimension work fast and were among the first to jump on to it; do people just keep missing the memo? It's the same as any commercial voice synth, voicebanks are being worked on but they're absolutely not being disclosed until they can set a timeframe for release/demos. I hope people will just remember this rather than making the same complaint a thousand times now LMAO

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Well, we do also know that Kanru has zero interest in promoting voicebank development, and several people have emailed asking and been turned away(was it @WinterdrivE that mentioned that?)
They can't expect us to buy the software with the promise of "future" releases, and right now, SynthV is basically a Chinese-exclusive software.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Well, we do also know that Kanru has zero interest in promoting voicebank development, and several people have emailed asking and been turned away(was it @WinterdrivE that mentioned that?)
They can't expect us to buy the software with the promise of "future" releases, and right now, SynthV is basically a Chinese-exclusive software.
It was @Kazumi, but @WinterdrivE had other stuff to say about marketing/Genbu.

I think you're right. We don't have to feel obligated to buy it if none of the current voices so far work for what we have to do. But I think it's too early to know for sure what's going to happen with future releases, the new interface/deep learning features, selling the voices in different methods, new companies secretly being on board. Synth V only had its 1st anniversary a couple months ago. We have no clue what's going on behind the scenes. If people aren't buying the software, then maybe the Synth V team is too small to get as much done as Kanru wants to.

Reactions: peaches2217

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
An AHS bank on SynthV would be fun. Annnnd now I want to hear how Iroha would sound on SynthV rofl

When I first read it I thought, “Oh, it's Yamaha, they’re jumping the Vocaloid ship too!” My cynicism surprises me sometimes pfft

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
With how recent voices on SynthV were Chinese I wonder if it could be Exit Tunes? It's a well-known Japanese company and although Mayu is a Japanese vocal, Zing was suppose to be trilingual in Japanese, English and Mandarin Chinese, all three languages being available on SynthV. And she is being created by aquatrax which is a Chinese company if I'm not wrong. Just wishful thinking, not sure if it's possible with how long would it take to restart(?) Zing's vb. :/

Bandai Namco might be another possibility but I'm not sure about AHS since Sora was the first non-Yamaha released vocal so AHS might be on good terms with Yamaha now. (I'd really love to see AHSloids on SynthV though... SynthV seems to be focused both on current Vocaloid users and professional users which I think would benefit AHS more than Vocaloid ( an engine that now seems fucused on professional users only), since a lot of Vocaloid/Voiceroid fans love their characters)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
News of a new Japanese voice is absolutely welcome. Really looking forward to this, and any forthcoming news about SVR2. I would agree that there's a good chance that it's AHS too; perhaps one of the voiceroid characters? Bandai Namco doesn't feel likely since they seem to have a partnership with Yamaha above anything. Could also be Internet Co, but they seem to just not have much interest in making new voices now. Perhaps... 1st Place?

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
It is possible the "well known Japanese company" is NOT already in the vocal synth scene (such as a VTuber's handling company, a game company, a tech company, I dunno).

Guess Kanru humble bragging about having a Japanese connection means we can expect another nugget of info once he gets connected with an English-speaking company?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Huh. I didn't even consider it not being a company that's established in the world of synths. While I do hope it's a synth company (fellow synth users are more likely to be drawn to it if that's the case), even if it's not, if they're well-known it'll still generate a lot interest! It's a win-win either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)