• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
It's 12PM JST, so 4AM UK time, 11PM ET, 9PM PT. I'm guessing at the very least it means that TOKYO6 and Quadimension will be revealing their voices. Dreamtonics will most likely be retweeting the announcements. Guess I'm staying up until 5AM then sleeping and praying I wake up before the SVR2 reveal stream.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Forgive me for being out of the loop, but where's the voicebank reveal livestream happening? I can only find the links for the SV2 and AHS livestreams.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
It's 12PM JST! Companies should be announcing their vocals now. Do note that this might not be all of the vocals coming, as Dreamtonics may have first-party vocals to announce during the stream and there may be some not quite ready to be revealed yet.

From AHS, we have AKANE AND AOI VBS?????

I'm translating now!

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
A breif summarisation of the press release from AHS.

The new version of Synthesizer V is officially called "Synthesizer V Studio Pro", supports Windows, Mac and Linux as well as Japanese, English and Chinese. The voice database "Synthesizer V Saki lite version" is included so you can use it immediately. This will be released on July 30th.

Two Synthesizer V voicebanks will be made available at the same time; female voice database "Saki" from Dreamtonics [also known as JA-F2, Masaki] as well as VOICEROID characters Kotonoha Akane and Aoi. If you buy the voice database on its own it comes with Synthesizer V Studio Basic, so you can still use it even if you just purchase the voice database. There will be a physical-only Synthesizer V Studio Starter Pack for Akane and Aoi.

AHS will be offering a free downloadable version of Synthesizer V until the end of September 2020, and will offer a 50% discount at the AHS store for anyone who has AHS products. They'll also offer a "cross-grade version" for owners of existing voice synthesis software at a discount. [Don't know what this is, really].

Synthesizer V Studio Pro is 12,800yen for the physical version and 9,800yen for the digital version.
Synthesizer V Starter Pack with Kotonoha Akane/Aoi is 18,000yen for the physical version.
Synthesizer V Saki and Kotonoha Akane/Aoi are 9,800yen physical and 8,800yen digital each.

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
Damn. Not available until July 30. I guess my next few songs will have to use the oLd SkOoL SynthV.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Some information on the voice databases.

Synthesizer V Kotonoha Aoi/Akane is one voicebank. Makes sense considering they're voiced by the same person and their only major difference that I can remember was dialect. They have four pitches, G#3, C#4, F#4 and C5 (Falsetto).
Synthesizer V Saki is an upgraded version of the voicebank from Synthesizer V Web, JA-F2 (also known as Masaki). She has four pitches as well, G#3, C4, F4 and B4 (Falsetto). A lite version is included with Aoi/Akane and is also available on Synthesizer V Web.

I'm VERY excited for these. This is even better than I imagined - AHS partnering with Dreamtonics! Considering they were really the last major Japanese company standing on VOCALOID, well, you know... Anyway, we can look forward to more soon I think.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I expected Rikka to get a SynthV vb but... the Kotonoha twins?? This is such a pleasant surprise! At least now people won't have to use their Voiceroid banks to make them sing? If AHS truly is moving away from Vocaloid now, I hope Yukari SynthV eventually becomes a reality... In some way it will also be odd, AHS was the first company to release a V5 iirc and now they are also moving away from the Vocaloid franchise. :unsure:

In any case, their designs for SynthV are really cute and I'm glad they will probably have more chance to be seen by the overseas fandom now

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm excited for that AHS User 50% off discount! That's ultimately $20 less than SV1's license (which I'm now VERY glad I never caved and bought). From my rudimentary Japanese, it seems like the free version of SynthV will now have some limitations, namely that you can only have three tracks at a time.

1593142618137.png

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Quick question! On the page for the half-off version of SV2 Pro, it says "2020年9月30日までの限定販売! " - the 限定販売 (limited sale) is what worries me. Does that mean "Until supplies last, who knows, it might sell out before September so do it now" or just limited as in "only until September"? I wanna make sure I get it, but given my paycheck's been set back due to recent situations, I wanna make sure I have time and don't have to snag it quick!

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Quick question! On the page for the half-off version of SV2 Pro, it says "2020年9月30日までの限定販売! " - the 限定販売 (limited sale) is what worries me. Does that mean "Until supplies last, who knows, it might sell out before September so do it now" or just limited as in "only until September"? I wanna make sure I get it, but given my paycheck's been set back due to recent situations, I wanna make sure I have time and don't have to snag it quick!
It just means that the sale is limited until then - after that the price will be the standard / AHS user discount only.
Another thing I picked up on BTW, in Synthesizer V Studio Pro you can script your own plugins like VOCALOID Job Plugins.

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
May 8, 2018
The Other Side
voxil.net
It just means that the sale is limited until then - after that the price will be the standard / AHS user discount only.
Another thing I picked up on BTW, in Synthesizer V Studio Pro you can script your own plugins like VOCALOID Job Plugins.
Yeah, I noticed that while glossing and that's probably the best thing I've heard about this entire announcement. SynthV is coming pretty close to feature parity to what V4 was.

Reactions: xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I think there's a lot that will be shown during the stream. I've decided I'll try to stay up until then and then sleep.

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
I get to try coding plugins again?! YES!!!!!!!! I loved trying that!

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
While things are slow, a dumb question that might have already been answered: will SV2 Basic be available to download online, or will we just be stuck with the web version unless we purchase VBs?

kozet

Conlanger
Jul 5, 2019
flirora.xyz
Holy shit, I'm excited. Curious about whether SVR1 buyers will get a discount, though.

In addition, the stream occurs at the time of day when I'm the least likely to be awake. 🤷

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
@xuu Thank you for translating/explaining the details for everyone, it is very appreciated.

Awesome, Kanru was right when he said he partnered with a popular Japanese company. I could barely sleep because of the announcement, AHS having both talk and song voices is going to give them a monopoly/"replace" Vocaloid, I expect. Both Voiceroid and Synth V are quite high quality. I am glad the twins got a song voice, it makes me hopeful that Yuzuru could get one eventually. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)