• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV SynthesizerV Musical Isotope KAFU

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Have we had demos? I wonder how she sounds, and people might want to hear her before preordering. I feel like a lot of how CeVIO KAFU sounds is, well, due to CeVIO as an engine. SV managed to capture a lot of how Teto sounded, just without the old UTAU twang -- but it's hard to judge how much of the CeVIO engine noise makes up KAFU's "charm"

mary34

Aspiring Fan
Dec 25, 2022
I think we migth have demos go up around the same time as the preorder. Maybe...

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
It’s weird how this time we don’t have demos around the preorder times, bc before kamitsubaki would first do a couple of demos and then start the preorder
I hate to sound paranoid, but is anyone else now worrying about the quality of Kafu SynthV? I mean, many of us weren't exactly impressed with how Kafu CeVIO originally turned out (even though we slowly warmed up to her over time thanks to her quickly becoming popular among producers). SynthV also guns very much for realism, so even though Teto SynthV turned out well, I dunno how it will translate Kafu's unusual voice into a more realistic engine.

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
I mean if I find one thing odd it's that they delayed Haru twice, announced Kafu SV and started her preorders in the middle of Haru's promotion. Don't get me wrong Haru got rly positive feedback from what I've seen but... that's going to affect her sales so badly. If I was Kamitsubaki I wouldn't even have announced Kafu's update yet and silently work on her in the background & improve the quality

But also I don't think fans wouldn't be too mad if Kafu was lower quality in fact I see a lot of non-SV fans being tired of the hyperrealism

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Tbh I’m afraid that dt may not allow kamistubaki to pitch kafu’s recordings up. It was said many times that she was pitched up to be separate from kaf and that it is a very important part of her. If miku’s samples were just unedited samples of saki fujita she would not be Miku anymore, and the same applies for Kafu.

Reactions: WyndReed

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
As someone who never warmed up to CeVIO KAFU and dislikes the pitched up sound, I wouldn't personally be upset about that. But I could understand that frustrating fans of the bank, who like her for who she is on release... I'm sure if they could get good quality out of the pitched up ones, DT would allow it. The only reason I could really see them disallowing it is if the quality suffered noticeably because of it.

mary34

Aspiring Fan
Dec 25, 2022
Tbh I’m afraid that dt may not allow kamistubaki to pitch kafu’s recordings up. It was said many times that she was pitched up to be separate from kaf and that it is a very important part of her. If miku’s samples were just unedited samples of saki fujita she would not be Miku anymore, and the same applies for Kafu.
Tbh even if Dreamtonics might not wanna do it I doubt they can enforce that, Kamitsubaki is a much bigger and more influental company than them, I imagine they can just veto their veto and carry on. Of course that assuming dt even has the proverbial balls to refuse them in the first place. Then again who knows, I am not a Kamitsubaki expert I might overestimate their influence.

Maxi

Passionate Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Interesting point actually, the gender slider might help tho or a vocal mode to help with that would be cool too if they went the route of not pitching her samples.

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
Do we think KAFU AI is going to get some demos in December? She releases on January 15, 2024 according to the order page.

I'm so SO curious to hear how her voice is going to transfer to the engine.

1699643725977.png

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
Tbh even if Dreamtonics might not wanna do it I doubt they can enforce that, Kamitsubaki is a much bigger and more influental company than them, I imagine they can just veto their veto and carry on. Of course that assuming dt even has the proverbial balls to refuse them in the first place. Then again who knows, I am not a Kamitsubaki expert I might overestimate their influence.
Would that get them sued by Kamitsubaki? I mean, KAF herself requested it and if DT just ignored it, tt could get them in legal trouble. Unless it is in the contract that Kamitsubaki ALLOWS the unpitched vocals to be utilized, if not then it is already a breach of contract and trust in DT's part since it would almost, be like those AI videos where they take a celebrities voice and run it through a software. Granted it's mostly just for fun and I like listening to Doofenshirtz singing anime songs for the lolz, but SynthV is a commercially license product. And AI is already an issue nowadays in the West, it may not look good if KAF and Kamitsubaki released a statement on how DT didn't respect the IRL artist behind the voice.

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
Do we think KAFU AI is going to get some demos in December? She releases on January 15, 2024 according to the order page.
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Kafu SynthV was delayed. We're coming up to two months away from release, and there's still no demos, which is getting a bit bizarre.

Would that get them sued by Kamitsubaki? I mean, KAF herself requested it and if DT just ignored it, tt could get them in legal trouble. Unless it is in the contract that Kamitsubaki ALLOWS the unpitched vocals to be utilized, if not then it is already a breach of contract and trust in DT's part since it would almost, be like those AI videos where they take a celebrities voice and run it through a software. Granted it's mostly just for fun and I like listening to Doofenshirtz singing anime songs for the lolz, but SynthV is a commercially license product. And AI is already an issue nowadays in the West, it may not look good if KAF and Kamitsubaki released a statement on how DT didn't respect the IRL artist behind the voice.
SynthV has had more character driven/unrealistic banks recently, so I'd be surprised if Dreamtonics tried to rope Kamitsubaki into releasing a Kafu that's closer to Kaf's real voice.

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Kafu SynthV was delayed. We're coming up to two months away from release, and there's still no demos, which is getting a bit bizarre.
Honestly I thought of that before but if you look at it that way yeah I def can see that.

Literally we got Haru's first demo song in march and she's coming out next week. The first Haru cover on Kamitsubaki channel we got was in december of last year! Is Haru an extreme even for Kamitsubaki standards? Yeah, but that makes Kafu SV weird too when being put next to her

Blue Of Mind

Apr 8, 2018
Honestly I thought of that before but if you look at it that way yeah I def can see that.

Literally we got Haru's first demo song in march and she's coming out next week. The first Haru cover on Kamitsubaki channel we got was in december of last year! Is Haru an extreme even for Kamitsubaki standards? Yeah, but that makes Kafu SV weird too when being put next to her
There could also be the concern that Kafu SynthV's quality is lower than her CeVIO, so they're avoiding demos because they know fans will complain... Which doesn't make any sense considering she's basically Kamitsubaki's mascot girl, and like I said, a delay would be far more preferable to a shoddy product. But we're now in an era where half-finished games get released all the time, so I wouldn't be surprised if more companies try the same shit with software lol.

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
There could also be the concern that Kafu SynthV's quality is lower than her CeVIO, so they're avoiding demos because they know fans will complain... Which doesn't make any sense considering she's basically Kamitsubaki's mascot girl, and like I said, a delay would be far more preferable to a shoddy product. But we're now in an era where half-finished games get released all the time, so I wouldn't be surprised if more companies try the same shit with software lol.
My theory was that since Bushiroad's POPY and ROSE release in December & just recently(?) got demos, that some companies are might be starting to put them closer to their launch. It's just weird around the 28th of September they put out a promo with virtually no new audio:

I'm probably too wishful though.... I can only imagine problems with engine updates or that the pitch of her voice might be too unclear for their standards?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)