• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV SynthV AI Yuma & Natalie

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Dreamtonics announced two in-progress vocals today; Yuma and Natalie.
Synthesizer V AI Yuma is a masculine Japanese database with a young, fresh texture and an androgynous voice.

Synthesizer V AI Natalie is a feminine English database with a soft and clear voice, but with rich expressions in the mid range. It is suitable for easy listening as well as musics with strong backing tracks such as EDM.
As of now there's no stated release date.

It's nice to finally hear some more EN and JP vocals from DT. I'm... definitely eyeing Natalie as a future purchase. Yuma isn't my kind of VB but they've got something about them that I really like so far as a listener, but I'll wait for demos of their final versions to make any final decisions. I definitely like seeing more in development 'teasers' like this instead of throwing the VBs into the wild with no build up of interest, too, and it gives something for people to look forward to on the VB side of development, since there's not much to do on the editor side except wait on a new beta or for a version to leave beta.

(Unrelated, but the amount of times already I've typed Natalie as Natalia is getting a bit silly, aha.)

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Oh my, Yuma has that kind of voice that I REALLY like. I might.. actually purchase him in the future when I have money.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Did anyone else think VY2 got ported to SynthV when they saw the title? Lol.

When I first heard Yuma, I immediately thought he would be a likely future candidate as a "fangirl bait" VB. (If the first party SynthVs had traditional avatars, I could see him having a pretty boy popstar design.) Natalie isn't doing much for me right now, but I agree that she's almost like an English counterpart to Saki.

Reactions: kozet

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
glad to see some new banks coming that at least feel more different than that previous influx of male and female (mostly chn or jpn) voices that just all felt very similar with their intention. i was kinda expecting something different from Yuma with the description in the subtitles before the audio played and im not as into his voice as i hoped, but nonetheless glad to see a younger toned male voice finally. whether or not people like the young male voices like len, fukase, etc... i think its good to have them even if yuma isnt totally that kinda fandom bait boy lol.

im happy natalies' voice sounds mature/deep, im already kinda liking her as a counterpart to a voice like solaria. theres very few native english options and i feel like natalie can at least add to the diversity. the cross language options have always been nice to have mostly w the smaller selection of english voices but man, we really need some more. so im looking forward to her!

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
VY2 in shambles rn
(But seriously, I call him Yuuma more often than VY2 just bc it feels weird to throw acronyms with numbers around when I'm talking about groups of synths with regular names. If I buy SV Yuma, things will get more confusing 😂)

I like them both so far! Yuma more than Natalie I think, but both are great! It's just that I already have Ellie, Anri, and Solaria, so idk if I'll buy another female English bank for a bit. I think Muxin, An Xiao, and Yuma are on my radar 🤔

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
They're now available for sale it seems! Dreamtonics posted demo songs too (I saw the demos in my YT subscriptions and went, "Yay demos! *reads description* Yay release!" :teto_lili: )

"The smell of California, already inside of me"? Natalie sweetie if your internal organs smell like $7/gallon gasoline and cheap weed, you need to see a doctor.

Honestly, Yuma's first demo did nothing for me, but this? Wow. I actually really like him! Props to Dreamtonics for dropping a VB that's actually got a unique voicetype for the engine. I miiiiiiiiight just have to add him to the wishlist!

EDIT: if the fandom doesn't make Natalie being singularly hyperfixated on California and summertime a meme, I'm leaving again. Or becoming even more active, whichever one's worse.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
idk if its just me but like? Natalie's demos were reminding me of Emvoice?? not like her voice exactly, just the way those songs were written and tuned.... idk lol. i do like her sound tho, but i think ill be more curious to see what users will do with her, than that demo. her tone is definitely nice and i feel like she'll compliment the other english vocals we already have which isnt a bad thing. nice to have more english native options tbh.

and Yuma... Creuzer's demo???

i certainly appreciated that he was different, but wasnt sure id buy him. but his demos were really good, and i think im more likely to get him rn just because hed be a much more unique asset to my existing vocal library. hes kinda the first and only "young male" vb on synth v so!

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
That Creuzer demo of Yuma oh my 😭 I love him very much, he's one of the exact type of voices I've wanted for a looong time.
Now I'm only waiting to see if AHS will drop a physical and he's so gonna be mine

kozet

Conlanger
Jul 5, 2019
flirora.xyz
I’m not going to buy Yuma just yet, but he’s on my next-to-buy list. I want to get another AI voicebank to test pronunciation techniques on.

In particular, I’m curious how he sounds when singing in English.

Reactions: morrysillusion

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
I’m a big alphabet skeptic but I’m also pleasantly surprised with Yuma. Really like this kind of Piko-like voice type they went for. Definitely the stand out in Dreamtonics’ lineup for me so far!

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Curiously, for me Yuma sounds a lot like existing Dreamtonics vocals - he falls into the same category as Saki, Qingsu, Natalie, Weina, and Feng Yi. Slightly different in timbre as they all are, but essentially the same style of singing and performance. I think he would be criticised as being too similar to their existing lineup if he was marketed as a feminine voice: it's interesting how, even with just a name and a logo, the presentation of a product can affect our perception.

Comparing him to Saki for example, I hear the difference, but he's definitely as close to Dreamtonics' 'comfort zone' as their other releases. I wonder if there's something specific to AI that's encouraging companies to stick to certain voicetype? CeVIO AI has a distinct house style too - but then again, we often had similar voices pre-AI too, haha.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Curiously, for me Yuma sounds a lot like existing Dreamtonics vocals - he falls into the same category as Saki, Qingsu, Natalie, Weina, and Feng Yi. Slightly different in timbre as they all are, but essentially the same style of singing and performance. I think he would be criticised as being too similar to their existing lineup if he was marketed as a feminine voice: it's interesting how, even with just a name and a logo, the presentation of a product can affect our perception.
oh i definitely agree... there is something that has been ending up... so similar about a lot of their voices (chn and jpn bc i guess we dont have enough english ones to compare). theres moments where yuma sounds very very close to some of the female voices like saki, in a few covers ive heard. there was an english cover i heard too where honestly, if i hadnt thought about who i was listening to, i would have thought it was a female vocal haha. theres some kinda... uh. slight character accent? (i dont know good words for this lol) to his voice that very lightly distinguishes him, and reminds me of young male vocal synths in a way- but its pretty sure that if it was marketed as like, a punkish female voice, i probably wouldnt have questioned it either.

its hard to tell if the similarities in voices from dreamtonics is just their kinda 'safe zone' for 'neutral sounding voices for professionals' that they churn out, or if theres some kinda limit with the engine/AI. no doubt, theres always some kinda wave of similar voices i think if they catch on and sell well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)