Unconventional opinions

peaches2217

I write mediocre OliLen fanfiction.
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I know I made a status about this a few days ago but dammit I’m passionate about this

Slavic languages, especially Russian, get painted as harsh and gross-sounding, but I think they’re beautiful and melodic, even soothing. Beauty is in the eye if he who holds the bees, I suppose. 🐝

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Britain
Slavic languages, especially Russian, get painted as harsh and gross-sounding, but I think they’re beautiful and melodic, even soothing. Beauty is in the eye if he who holds the bees, I suppose. 🐝
I feel the same way regarding German. People are too quick to dismiss it as too "angry/harsh" sounding when it can sound stunning in different contexts.

peaches2217

I write mediocre OliLen fanfiction.
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I feel the same way regarding German. People are too quick to dismiss it as too "angry/harsh" sounding when it can sound stunning in different contexts.
I was quick to write it off in the same way, but in a class in college we listened to Erlkönig and I fell in love with its outstanding dramatic presence. I think all language is beautiful, an art form, even, developed over generations to communicate with others. It’s fascinating.

EDIT: specifically, we listened to this version:

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
it is interesting to hear people dont like languages like german or russian in singing, because honestly they are two of my favorite languages! when i was younger and exploring music i listened to a lot of german metal and rock music, same with russian! and sure those are "harsh" genres but it never stuck to me that those language sounded ugly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)