• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unconventional opinions

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Slavic languages, especially Russian, get painted as harsh and gross-sounding, but I think they’re beautiful and melodic, even soothing. Beauty is in the eye if he who holds the bees, I suppose. 🐝
I feel the same way regarding German. People are too quick to dismiss it as too "angry/harsh" sounding when it can sound stunning in different contexts.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I feel the same way regarding German. People are too quick to dismiss it as too "angry/harsh" sounding when it can sound stunning in different contexts.
I was quick to write it off in the same way, but in a class in college we listened to Erlkönig and I fell in love with its outstanding dramatic presence. I think all language is beautiful, an art form, even, developed over generations to communicate with others. It’s fascinating.

EDIT: specifically, we listened to this version:

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
it is interesting to hear people dont like languages like german or russian in singing, because honestly they are two of my favorite languages! when i was younger and exploring music i listened to a lot of german metal and rock music, same with russian! and sure those are "harsh" genres but it never stuck to me that those language sounded ugly.

Drawing_Monkies_01

Who Needs Sleep Anyway?
Sep 18, 2021
Ohio, USA
I'll give one that's even more unconventional than the first: not only do I like pineapple on pizza, but I dislike pepperoni on pizza.
Honestly same. Everytime we had pizza at my school, I would always get cheese because pepperoni was too spicy for me (I'm sensitive to spicy food and pepper).

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
i eat cheeseless pizza. i call it saucy bread. i actually refuse to eat at papa johns now cause one time i ordered it and they made it wrong and when i called and was like "hey my pizza is wrong" they were like "NO ITS NOT WE KNOW WE MADE IT RIGHT WE REMEMBER IT BECAUSE IT WAS SO WEEEIIIRDDD AND STRAAANGEEE" and im still sad about how papa johns cyberbullied me

___

Oct 8, 2019
i eat cheeseless pizza. i call it saucy bread. i actually refuse to eat at papa johns now cause one time i ordered it and they made it wrong and when i called and was like "hey my pizza is wrong" they were like "NO ITS NOT WE KNOW WE MADE IT RIGHT WE REMEMBER IT BECAUSE IT WAS SO WEEEIIIRDDD AND STRAAANGEEE" and im still sad about how papa johns cyberbullied me
I feel you.

I remember when I and my classmates were ordering pizzas and I wanted it cheeseless and when I opened the box...well
1633320989970.png

Reactions: WyndReed

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
On the topic of pizza, I hate sauce on pizza. I always make mine without it. My dad's a higher-up for Hunt Brothers and gets infinite free pizza, so my freezer's full of it, and it's yummy and FREE but... there's so much sauce. I can't even cut into it without sauce getting EVERYWHERE.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I hate musicals. Perhaps this is normally just a very "meh" opinion, but like all of my friends are artsy theater kids and saying you don't like musicals around artsy theater kids is hearsay. It's weird because I love music and it's such a big part of my life, but whenever I'm watching something and they burst into song I'm just like ugh.

sketchesofpayne

Listening to Hatsune Miku since 2007
Jan 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
I hate musicals. Perhaps this is normally just a very "meh" opinion, but like all of my friends are artsy theater kids and saying you don't like musicals around artsy theater kids is hearsay. It's weird because I love music and it's such a big part of my life, but whenever I'm watching something and they burst into song I'm just like ugh.
I'll be honest. I'm a musical person. I live off of music (figuratively), but musicals are grating to me. It doesn't move the plot along and it feels like its to pad out the run time, really
What about Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, and The Lion King? Those are musicals.

(also Jungle Book and Sword in the Stone. Those are the ones I like, that I can think of at the moment. And I'm talking about all the originals, not those live-action abominations.)

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I don’t like a lot of modern musicals or musical films, mainly because the music isn’t quality(idk if this is the right term) or feels like it was shoved in. (I did see Hamilton on disney+ and that was much better than expected) Also whoever is doing the music for new disney films is really inconsistent with the quality of music.

Reactions: sketchesofpayne

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
The one musical I still objectively adore to this day is Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. The Martian noises used to scare the crap outta me as a kid ("ULLAAAAAA!!"), but now I really appreciate the prog rock score. 'Forever Autumn' still moves me to tears to this day. I'm still waiting on a proper movie adaptation tho, even if it turns out to be naff lol.

Apart from that, the other musicals I like tend to be childhood favourites or classic musicals which were reran regularly when my parents were growing up (70s and 80s), so I ended up seeing them out of their nostalgia.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
What about Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, and The Lion King? Those are musicals.

(also Jungle Book and Sword in the Stone. Those are the ones I like, that I can think of at the moment. And I'm talking about all the originals, not those live-action abominations.)
personally, i dont enjoy any of these films. (i havent seen beauty and the beast yet though so i suppose its unfair to say i dislike that one. but it doesnt seem like id like it haha)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)