• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
It doesn't help we don't have that many either...

Sora's not too bad, but I wanna hear more of her...

Kaori's alright (still can't unhear Len on some of her notes)

Ken is debatedly the best out of the 4 V5 Yamaha ones

Amy is okay to be honest but I don't hear a lot of usage of her

Chris' voice is wayyyyyy too soft/quiet

Vy1, vy2, cyber diva and cybersongman V5 are just ports lets be honest im not gonna comment on them

...I mean, if Yamaha had not taken the world by surprise, maybe there'd be more. Of course, I think we're getting V5 Ling and probably a Gynoid V5, so... But, I kinda hope more companies start to announce new vocals/updates for vocals, etc. Realistically, probably nothing on that until end of the year though

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I used to agree that Kaori sounded like Len, but then when I heard her sing softer, I think she doesn't sound like him. (I feel like thinking she doesn't sound like Len might be an unpopular opinion. ^^; )
Here's a good example of her soft voice by Party-P:

She sounds so nice with breathy-ness added when I tried out tuning with her.

I was disappointed when I initially tried out Chris' voice because it's quite high, but after hearing how khanadee used him here:

...it made me realize what type of songs he's suited for and I appreciate him now that I can imagine his voice used properly (I still think he sounds like Justin Bieber, so that type of R&Bish stuff).

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
Glad to know I’m not the only one who is not at all impressed by OLIVER. I’ve never understood how he got popular. Especially since Miriam came first.
From wikipedia:
Oliver is an English speaking Vocaloid by PowerFX who was released for Vocaloid 3. He was the first English Vocaloid to gain a large amount of popularity, owed mostly to his usage in the show Bee and Puppycat as featured on the Cartoon HangoverYouTube channel.

Reactions: RabbitWhale39
From wikipedia:
Oliver is an English speaking Vocaloid by PowerFX who was released for Vocaloid 3. He was the first English Vocaloid to gain a large amount of popularity, owed mostly to his usage in the show Bee and Puppycat as featured on the Cartoon HangoverYouTube channel.
I don’t really know if that’s supposed to answer my question or not, haha. I’m just a Miriam fan is all. (Thanks for the free info, though)

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
-I don't like voicebanks with the "forced cutesy" tone. It's difficult to describe what i mean though:
Have it: Azuki, Xin Hua, UNI, Una, Komachi
Don't Have it: Miku, Rin, Ling, miki,
(Tianyi is a weird borderline case)

-Flower is actually really LQ and sounds grating most of the time. She literally ruins songs.

-Nayutalien's tuning is way too squeaky imo.

-I'm glad Akari songs are getting attention cuz I really like her, but "AKARI IS HERE" is awful.

-Moke and YANHE sound alike. There's a notable difference, but the similarities are there.

-Gumi English is hard to understand unless you're good at tuning. Luka and Miku can't be quite as good as she is, but they're much better starting choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheStarPalace

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
NND view counts are kind of starting to lose their meaning- several newer JP songs have much higher YT counts than NND.
"AKARI IS HERE" has a million on NND but over 2 million on YT.
"Hated by life itself." just recently hit a million on NND but has over 5.5 million on YT (which hit a million like a year ago).
"quiet room" hasn't cracked 500,000 yet on NND but is quickly approaching a million on YT.

So it's getting to the point where i feel like NND viewcounts aren't an accurate indicator of the song popularity.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
NND view counts are kind of starting to lose their meaning- several newer JP songs have much higher YT counts than NND.
"AKARI IS HERE" has a million on NND but over 2 million on YT.
"Hated by life itself." just recently hit a million on NND but has over 5.5 million on YT (which hit a million like a year ago).
"quiet room" hasn't cracked 500,000 yet on NND but is quickly approaching a million on YT.

So it's getting to the point where i feel like NND viewcounts aren't an accurate indicator of the song popularity.
It might be because NND's always catered more to Japanese audiences because it's a Japanese site to begin with (hence less views on NND videos). Didn't they shut down the English version of NND a while ago? I assume it's because the amount of English-speaking traffic wasn't enough to justify keeping it up. It does put the fate of the NND rankings and stuff like the Hall of Fame into question though.

I have noticed more Japanese users posting videos and leaving comments on YT over the years. I guess Japanese users are finally branching out to other sites apart from local ones?

I'm personally of the opinion that's what the song Sand Planet is actually about. Not the decline of Vocaloid, but the decline of NND as the center/home of Vocaloid.
You could argue the meaning of Sand Planet is both - the decline of Vocaloid (or the Vocaloid fandom as it used to be ten years ago up until V3 or so) is linked to the decline of NND.

Mei-Saime

JP and CHN UTAU girl
Apr 8, 2018
Didn't they shut down the English version of NND a while ago? I assume it's because the amount of English-speaking traffic wasn't enough to justify keeping it up. It does put the fate of the NND rankings and stuff like the Hall of Fame into question though.
NND is still available in English on the desktop site, but the mobile versions of NND are reverted to being Japanese only.
Since this is an unpopular opinion thread, I'll throw my hat into the ring:

- Qingxian needs more love. She is still the least popular VSinger character and it's kinda sad.
- I do like Luka V4x despite it's faults, which I can agree on.
- I do wanna hear more different genre English Vocaloid songs and not hearing the same genres everytime. This also applies to Japanese songs. I would love to hear some diversity.
- I'm not a fan of Creep's and Ghost's music.
- More promotion for the other AHS Software characters besides Yukari and Zunko. I love these 2 Vocaloids, but I wish the other AHS Vocaloids get some attention. Yukari is practically the face of AHS Vocaloids and while I love her, I with the other characters in AHS gets this much attention as she does. Zunko I also like but she's also stealing some spotlight due to her license.
- Lumi sounds lovely.
- IA English C is amazing to me, despite her being on CeVio and the engine noise with CeVio, but she does need some fixing, mainly on the engine noise in CeVio.
- I'm not that much of a fan for Fukase. His design is unique and a pleasant voice to boot, but his licensing sucks though. I really don't like his licensing agreement.
- Ruby and CyberDiva are alright. Certain voicebank traits they have do bug me, mainly the nasal effect they have.
- I love Sachiko and she needs more use.
- Denpa songs are awesome to me.
- The amount of negative Engloid songs that I see are way too much and kinda all generic to me. And it's really hard to find some positive, uplifting Engloid songs.
- More Galaco please.
- Una...Dakimakura...why? I get that it's Japan and the dakimakura's are quite popular, but...not with Una...
- Ritsu's other voicebanks needs attention and not the overabundance of the Kire VB covers.
- SynthV is good, but it's not great.
- AHS and Shanghai Henian are probably the best companies when dealing with Vocaloids. Sure CFM has the abundance of money due to Miku all over the place, but I feel that AHS and SHN cares more about all of their Vocaloids in regards to updates and community feedback. SHN not only gave all of their characters VBs and even stayed on an older engine to release them (regarding to Ling's, Qingxian and Moke's releases being on the tail end of V3/V4), plus the company equally gives their Vocaloid's good promotion with new art and merch. AHS interacts with fans which is always very nice.
- You can make your own music in any style. Don't follow the norm.
- Make art like you want to as well.
- People saying that Moke's voice should be higher like Len's: No. Moke's voice is very deep and nice and he shouldn't have a voice like Len because of his age.

That's about it. //rolls and hides

Last edited:

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
- Akaza was the best design for Unity Chan, but tbh the voice doesn't fit at all and I wish she just had her own bank
- Kyo is my least favorite of the Zola Boys (I still like him, just not as much lol)
- Flower's Engrish is garbage. Idc how good you are at tuning JP banks to sing in English; it's garbage
- Besides Flower, I think a lot of JP banks handle singing in English far better than we give them credit for, ppl just don't know how to tune for Engrish
- I think making SeeU's KOR bank sing in English is actually really cute and sounds nice most of the time
- If we had more holiday/seasonal themed Vocaloids, like Halloween or Winter themed, I'd be down for that

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I also hope we get a Halloween Vocaloid that looks spooky one day, that'd be awesome. Cyber Songman released on Halloween but he's not exactly spooky looking?

Speaking of spooky, it's kind of disappointing there's not many Vocaloids that are such. The only ones that I see as being creepy are Fukase and Lumi. I wish Vocaloid companies wouldn't mind experimenting with designs more. (But it's also understandable why some don't since experimenting also means taking a risk. You can never know how will Vocaloid fans react to certain designs)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Speaking of spooky, it's kind of disappointing there's not many Vocaloids that are such. The only ones that I see as being creepy are Fukase and Lumi. I wish Vocaloid companies wouldn't mind experimenting with designs more.
I'd say Mayu has a creepy vibe going on as well, since she's supposed to be the 'Yandereloid' and she has a gothic lolita design.

Seaking of spooky, it's kind of disappointing there's not many Vocaloids that are such. The only ones that I see as being creepy are Fukase and Lumi. I wish Vocaloid companies wouldn't mind experimenting with designs more. (But it's also understandable why some don't since experimenting also means taking a risk. You can never know how will Vocaloid fans react to certain designs)
Can I ask how LUMi looks spooky? I've always found her very elegant. I also think Mayu could fit into this catagory.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
^ That's exactly why some people find Lumi to be creepy. Lumi was actually even suppose to be even MORE creepy, having no eyes and nose, looking like a jellyfish imitating a human form. I think she now looks more like a combination of elegant and creepy but it'd be interesting to see the original concept..

I guess Mayu and one of Kyo's designs could be considered spooky/creepy, yeah. Actually now that I think more about it... Ann, Al and Oliver could also be considered that? 2 are based off of monsters iirc and one has bandages that are a "mysterious cause".

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I found an interview that shows Lumi's original design.

The interview says Lumi initially didn't have eyes, a nose, or fingers like a human, she was a jellyfish imitating a human figure.
I kind of wish the drawing was a bit bigger so we could get a better look. She reminds me of a faerie. It would be cool if some people who owned Lumi drew her like this sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)