• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
part of Lumi's lore also has to do with life and death, so with all the white and the giant jellyfish some ppl find her a bit creepy. it might be a stretch but i can see how her outfit gives off a death feel too since wearing all white is like a symbol of death in japan (bc they dress up their dead in all white I think?)

but yeah full agreement, I want a legit spooky/halloween/autumn themed design. we have some monsters which is great (Tonio is also a unicorn in his Taiwan design so like hell yeah) and we have mythical creatures like fairies. but i think it'd be cool to have a full on vampire princess or something to that level

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Okay, so listening to Kira's cover of Bring it on and his releases of his two UTAUs I think I have some opinions of them. Unpopular or not....it depends I guess, but here we go!

The picture of the girl doesn't really suit the voice. Too youngish and childish...and chipmunk-ish to suit it.There is a few parts where her voice gets to shine a bit without that hint of high pitch noise (because she is singing low parts or something?), but it doesn't last.
I would prefer if the creator didn't really go that high for her. Hopefully some pitch of Gender factor can fix that, but I have no urge to download her to try it sadly.
For the male one, he sounds nice and good, but singing next to his 'counterpart/sibling(?) you can hear how she doesn't really fit much with him. :miku2_move:
Their clothes, nice however. :kaito_move:

Also on the Lumi, so many ideas to use from those pictures only! :stardust_lili: Could be use for horror, romance, or adventure songs! Even a sad ballad. Like a girl or woman accidentally forced to be a water goddess or cursed to be a jellyfish guardian...
Oh! Or like a Little Mermaid type fanfiction song of where it's the Lumi used in the boxart going to a sea witch to become human (accidentally becoming a school girl so the crush doesn't love her back and only as a silbing/friend?), so she ends up becoming that (draft) Lumi? Or you can do it the opposite and have it where they did fall in love, but something happens to the love interest but since it was true love Lumi doesn't become back to an alien woman jellyfish, but an elegant jellyfish woman.

I'm rambling over this......:gackpo_lili: Oops.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I love Kiras new female voicebank. We haven't had any new chipmunkish cute moe voices in a long while and back then their quality was lower. Her voice is niche, but I'm sure she will sound superb in songs that actually fit her.

Super unpopular opinion: I don't like Yamine Renri. I don't get her hype, I don't know why everyone is so excited to see her in SynthV. Her voice is so boring, nowadays every female utau sounds like that and I just can't stand it anymore. There are so many interesting voices, even Meiji was more interesting sounding then Renri.

Reactions: TheStarPalace
I don't know if this counts as "unpopular", but I really like Gakupo. I see a lot of bashing him outside of his songs since he sounds "whiny" apparently. I mean, I am a huge fangirl of his, but I have preferred him over KAITO (and especially Len) even before I really got into him. I don't know, I honestly even prefer him over GackT (his voice actor) Am i just biased here, or is his voice not as bad as people say?
Also, i really love LEON. Please tell me I'm not alone.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I don't know if this counts as "unpopular", but I really like Gakupo. I see a lot of bashing him outside of his songs since he sounds "whiny" apparently. I mean, I am a huge fangirl of his, but I have preferred him over KAITO (and especially Len) even before I really got into him. I don't know, I honestly even prefer him over GackT (his voice actor) Am i just biased here, or is his voice not as bad as people say?
Also, i really love LEON. Please tell me I'm not alone.
I feel like Gackpo dislike was more of a thing a while ago, like with his V2? Personally I also like him better than Kaito and Len- he's about midpack with JP male vocals for me overall.
Unforunately, Leon hasn't aged well in my personal opinion, but I'm glad to see someone who'll stick up for him. :)

I feel like Gackpo dislike was more of a thing a while ago, like with his V2? Personally I also like him better than Kaito and Len- he's about midpack with JP male vocals for me overall.
Unforunately, Leon hasn't aged well in my personal opinion, but I'm glad to see someone who'll stick up for him. :)
Oh, definitely. LEON compared to the others, even English males, is absolutely awful quality-wise. I couldn't understand a thing he said in The World Tonight by CircusP.
But I just have loved him since I first heard him, I don't even know exactly why. XD

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
It feels like some producers still have people obsessing over their old work when the stuff they did later is way better. For example, BadEndNight is one of Hitoshizuku's weaker songs imo, and the Evilicious Chronicles aren't even good songs (even mothy doesn't think Daughter/Servant are very good now).

I wish producers' newer work would get attention too.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Oh, definitely. LEON compared to the others, even English males, is absolutely awful quality-wise. I couldn't understand a thing he said in The World Tonight by CircusP.
But I just have loved him since I first heard him, I don't even know exactly why. XD
Oh, you couldn't understand him there? Maybe I listen to him too much, but I understand the majority of it, and then picked up the rest from a nice Miriam cover LOL

I suppose my unpopular opinions have already been stated. Most of the super popular 'loids are overhyped, hard @ Miku, Gumi ENG, Oliver, etc. I want more Spanish 'loids -- although that may simply be a not-so-relevant opinion, rather than an unpopular one *shrug*

Reactions: ThatGirlMyra
Oh, you couldn't understand him there? Maybe I listen to him too much, but I understand the majority of it, and then picked up the rest from a nice Miriam cover LOL

I suppose my unpopular opinions have already been stated. Most of the super popular 'loids are overhyped, hard @ Miku, Gumi ENG, Oliver, etc. I want more Spanish 'loids -- although that may simply be a not-so-relevant opinion, rather than an unpopular one *shrug*
I've come to understand him better. I partly blame it on Circus himself. I love him, but whoo boy, his older stuff can be impossible to understand, at least for me. Once I heard the Sweet ANN cover of it, though, I could hear it all in the original, which is still my favourite.

Also, anyone know if there's a French VOCALOID? I've heard mixed results about what ALYS is supposed to be, so... are there any official French VOCALOIDs? Because I really, really want one, along with a German and Israeli one.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Also, anyone know if there's a French VOCALOID? I've heard mixed results about what ALYS is supposed to be, so... are there any official French VOCALOIDs? Because I really, really want one, along with a German and Israeli one.
There's no official French Vocaloid, namely because there's no support for the French language within Vocaloid currently. But I do want a German Vocaloid too. :(

Reactions: ThatGirlMyra

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I've come to understand him better. I partly blame it on Circus himself. I love him, but whoo boy, his older stuff can be impossible to understand, at least for me. Once I heard the Sweet ANN cover of it, though, I could hear it all in the original, which is still my favourite.

Ooooh I haven't heard the Ann cover. I'll hafta give it a listen.

Also ALYS is an Alter/Ego, she was released a bit back... Unfortunately, French Vocaloids fell through, at least with ALYS. I really would like a new language, French or German would be really cool. Israeli as well, although I wonder if there's enough of a market for it to sell well atm :marie_ork_lili:

Also ALYS is an Alter/Ego, she was released a bit back... Unfortunately, French Vocaloids fell through, at least with ALYS. I really would like a new language, French or German would be really cool. Israeli as well, although I wonder if there's enough of a market for it to sell well atm :marie_ork_lili:
Thanks for the answer!
Yeah... that's what a lot of people tell me. Still, I'd really love for some European VOCALOIDs. There are enough English VOCALOIDs and CERTAINLY enough Japanese ones...

Caprice

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
  • Pinocchio's earlier works were better than his modern works; now he's worked his way into a rut, while, say, Scheveningen was a good song.
  • GHOST's stuff is good, but Creep-P's is outright painful to listen to. The person who did the lyrics and the person who did the melody should actually communicate.
  • Luka V4X's Japanese banks and English banks both sound good. They don't really work together, but they work well individually. English Soft is superfluous, though.
  • Chris' design is good. His voice is decent. The two do not match in the slightest. Chris can probably do that old-fashioned whiny style of blues really well, given some of the preset phrases.
  • Kaori sounds like a younger Sachiko and someone needs to make a song where the two voice the same character at different ages.
  • The vocal synth fandom is oddly reminiscent of the furry fandom. Both have no canon and are completely user-generated. The furry fandom in its modern form came out of sci-fi and diversified, while vocal synths in their vogue came out of the doujin music scene and are currently diversifying.

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
I think Chris, Amy, Ken, and Kaori have okay designs. Yamaha certainly made them plain, which I find is suitable for default voices. On top of that, I don't think Chris's design clashes with his voice. It took me 2 songs to match the voice to the appearance.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)