• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocal Synth Fandom Dreams

Have your vocal synth fandom interests appeared in your dreams?

• Yes

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters

Codemonkey03

Vocaloid is lame.. but you know, it's kind of fun.
Apr 8, 2022
My dream if you can call it that.

Basically Internet doesn't seem to give her a ton of attention and she is a natural fit for a new CFM so CFM negotiated the rights to buy her from Internet Co. So now Gumi appears in Magical Mirai. Even better it was a surprise so all the sudden at MM there are new green colors swirling around and suddenly Gumi appears and the crowd goes collectively insane.

She has her own CFM themed new module she can wear and at MM she performs all the songs they changed to be without her in the past like 1, 2 Fanclub, Matryoshka, Happy Synth etc. and now she can have songs and appearances in new Diva games. It felt really natural since she's a classic, well known loid with a huge song library and no one seemed bothered by her suddenly being a CFM loid now vs. if they had created a brand new CFM character like they were supposed to that would have inevitably been rocky among the fans.

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
I had another one... yet again featuring Zunko.
In the dream the Tohoku sisters had their own anime series (Zunda Horizon doesn't count) and this was the so-called "sick episode" that many series have. And well, no prizes for guessing the content - basically Zunko was bedridden with a bad cold and Itako was nursing her back to health.
The weirdest part? They were speaking in Italian. This was probably a consequence of me watching Sgt. Frog (one of my favourite childhood anime) dubbed into Italian the previous night.
Why are all my vocal synth dreams about Zunko and her sisters getting sick or hurt in some way? I know that their management company is evil, but the poor girls have done nothing to deserve this...

Reactions: mobius017

InstallGentoo

Aspiring Fan
May 7, 2021
This is different thread than I was expecting. I wanted to say I dream of actually making good music with miku but I'm stuck here in a rut.
I don't remember dreams very much. I used to when I was younger. I always remember the nightmares, maybe that's why I don't remember them much. At nights that are anxiety ridden I wake up in a sweat or jolt but don't remember much about why that is so only maybe last two seconds of dream before I forget. I'm supposed to be a interpreter of dreams and I can't even do that.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
This is different thread than I was expecting. I wanted to say I dream of actually making good music with miku but I'm stuck here in a rut.
I don't remember dreams very much. I used to when I was younger. I always remember the nightmares, maybe that's why I don't remember them much. At nights that are anxiety ridden I wake up in a sweat or jolt but don't remember much about why that is so only maybe last two seconds of dream before I forget. I'm supposed to be a interpreter of dreams and I can't even do that.
I've heard that most people don't remember their dreams, and maybe that most people, despite not remembering, dream every night or most nights. So don't feel bad about not remembering. It probably is influenced by various things, including how long you sleep.

Most nights, I don't remember having any dreams, either. I have to wonder what those nights' dreams might have been about, despite me not remembering. Have Miku and other synths been in my dreams on other nights, and I just don't remember it?

Reactions: CdrSonan

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had another one like...2 nights ago? I don't remember much about it, just that I was looking at a catalog of ceramic Miku statues. They didn't entirely look like her--I think the hair was only shoulder-length, and it wasn't tailed. The face was also different. But the light cerulean hair color was rather pretty on ceramic.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had another one--I saw one of my Miku merch T-shirts and thought, "I really want to/ought to wear that again." I had the dream a night or two ago, but only remembered it today. So today I pulled my shirt out :) .

Reactions: razelberii

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
I had one last night about going into a deli in the basement of a hotel. The deli was all done up in wood, with wood walls, round wooden tables and chairs, a wood display case with food in it. So it was a very warm decor. I went in thinking to order a "Mikurita" (a name I've thought of using in some contexts in place of "margarita"), but there was some issue with it not being available. So I wound up sitting down at one of the tables and contemplating how to get Miku to say the word "love" better.

I'm sure this dream was inspired by Ronny777's profile post :) .

Edit: For the benefit of anyone looking (or me later), I added a few possible better pronunciations in my comment on @Ronny777's profile post.
HAHAHA
man...
On a literal note I usually leave it be with V4 and with V3 I like it better when she says [L0 Q v]. With her Japanese voicebanks, [4 a p\] or [4 a b] (vocaloid jp phonetics have no "v")

• Love

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
I had a dream I went to Fukase's birthday party and was trying to find the real Fukase; I saw a guy who looked like Fukase but he was kind of a nasty jerk so I figured that wasn't the real one, so I went looking for the real one. I came into another room and it turned out the party was morbid themed, there was even a plastic dismembered head on the ground. I was quite disturbed by that. IRL I traded Miku V3 English for Fukase for a time, and though I did use him a bit, I grew to sorely miss V3 Miku and eventually traded back, so I didn't keep him (and in general I'm not always sure trading is right and such a desperate attitude toward wanting something that I'd try to get it without money any way I could isn't great). Also, Sekai no Owari has some weird themes going on anyway (+Satoshi Fukase has some mental issues) and Fukase himself has his disfigured design so I guess that's where the morbidity comes in. At the same time I associate SNO with Owl City who is my favorite musical artist possibly of all time, and Fukase himself sounds really good covering OC songs so that's probably part of what drew me to him.

I had a dream where I was travelling and I still wanted to do Vocaloid production so I found and downloaded a Vocaloid app and used it to continue producing on my tablet. Really if I recall it looked more like a cross between VoiSona/CeVIO Pro and the ACE Virtual Singer app's piano roll though.

Another Vocaloid production-related dream, this time before I got Miku. I had found a cheap version of Miku for mobile and downloaded her, only to find there was nasty stuff in the files (like foul language and the like, i dunno. i'm a christian, i don't like nasty language). It was a combination of my memory of Mobile Vocaloid Editor videos and the fact I'd found some $10 Miku V2 being sold and wanted it (that was probably a virus or something; thank goodness, God was probably warning me before I did anything stupid).

Yet another Vocalo-P dream. I was using some weird version of Luka and instead of letting out a piercing high note, her highest range was an Uberduck-esque "stroke" where she makes weird noises and speaks gibberish. Fun fact: Lite Japanese and Chinese SynthV banks "have a stroke" if you try to make them sing in English without phoneme editing or a dictionary (no cross-lang, i said lite y'know).

Dream where I got GUMI English. Not really much else to it. Maybe someday I'll get Gumi.

I've probably had more Vocaloid dreams than that but I don't recall them all at the moment. Seems like a lot of them have to do with Vocaloid production rather than the images of the characters and the like. When I was younger I dreamed of being a Vocaloid producer and now that that dream's come true a lot of my life revolves around it I guess? It's my main creative outlet as of now.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had one last night that someone from VVN (no specific idea who; the voice was female) was doing a livestream demonstration of some new software for drawing vocal synths. She was working on an image of Gumi. Specifically, she was pointing out that there were some issues with the software. For instance, she put a black checkered pattern on Gumi's right arm, and then used some kind of paint/sprayer tool to automatically fill in between the checks with blue coloring without painting over the checks. But when she tried to undo the change, the black checks/blue coloring just smudged together.

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
Here are a few I had recently.

I wanted to go to some very exclusive seaside restaurant with my brother, but to get there I had to climb a mountain. Every dozen meters along the mountain were little stands selling merchandise of Kotonoha Akane, and that gave me the strength to go on. In the dream I spent all my money on that, and by the time I got to the restaurant I had no money left.

I hate mountain climbing with the white-hot passion of a thousand burning suns, so actually having something like that would be a nice motivation when I'm forced to do it.

I don't remember this one very well, but Kasukabe Tsumugi (click on the link if you don't know who she is) was in it and someone was going around spreading conspiracy theories about how she's not actually from Saitama and it's all a plot to make her popular.

This is the most recent one, from last night. Yukari and Maki, together with GYARI, were giving a concert at my university in which they sang GYARI's biggest hits (Tettey-terettey, Akane-Chan Will Go Along With Anything You Say, Aoi Wants To Eat Chocomint No Matter What, etc.) and I had a lot of fun singing and dancing along to the songs.

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
I had a dream last night (well, dreams, various/random things happened so I'm not sure it was just one).
And one part was particularly interesting. While I was walking with two others, in my mind I was making up a song in my head to plan to write later (I do this often actually). As I was doing this, I was also considering what kind of vocals I would like to use for the song.
I thought about a human singer, but there could also be a Vocaloid version made first. Maybe Len could be the main vocals of the song? :len_smile_lili: Or maybe Yuu could fit better? :yuu_lili:

I don't own Yuu nor Len at the moment actually, but admittedly these two vocals I have considered owning in the future. It seemed in the dream I already owned a voicebank of Len's and also ZOLA Project for Yuu.

Probably the most interesting thing is the song. It was just the chorus of what I was thinking about, but it was actually a song I was just making up the other day! I'm surprised my dream managed to translate it nearly perfectly, right pitch and similar sounds to what I had in mind.
Now I'm wondering if this song actually already exists...!

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
I had a strange dream this morning... It all started clustered and ended the same way, and in-between there were vocaloid-themed parts lol

At one moment it started with somebody commenting over an old pic of Patrick Juvet (don't ask me why) and then it quickly turned into a vague story with a few policey things, and KAITO getting severely injured (why him, God, why ? ;A;"' he's not like Len usually) so I went towards him... There was also another guy character, all in black, with black hair and black eyes, being all kuddere or dandere but I d'ont think he was a synth-related mascot.... Actually he rather looked like that one character I've imagined for an RPg-like game I'm playing on my phone... I don't think it was him who hurt him (though they were all looking serious)

And then there was Naoto who popped up, looking fierce and like a true doting father, telling me I shouldn't worry as he was confident I could heal him and takje good care of him

Kaito was harmed towards the middle of the back/tummy and behind his head with some blood... Somehow I've managed to cure him and even brush his hair, though he nearly neded up getting wavy hair (though it would make a good impression on him) and then felt better... He was later joined and hugged by MEIKO who was happy to see he was doing alright, the black-haired guy was back too, timid yet happy, that kind of jazz

Then there were other random things that get a bit vague but it was more like a police story so the dream ended up then

Also; it's funny how when I wetn on the site today I just saw there'd be an event for KAITO's 16th anniversary :ROFL:

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
I've been having trouble sleeping these past few days (unrelated, I just need a better pillow for my poor neck among other things).
Sometimes, though, it seems this can lead to interesting dreams when I finally do sleep.

Last night, there was a dream with various things going on, as always. One thing involved a guy who admittedly was a bit of a jerk. He seemingly tricked me into doing a background illustration for free, which was used in a song he created.
Yet, my credits were still provided in the song, and despite his jerkish nature, the song turned out amazing.
A friend of mine was also in the dream and he supposedly worked hard and late into the night (on some unknown project). I came across him while he was on his way home, from my understanding. He heard about the song and decided to listen to it on the spot, which led him to being moved to tears.

I believe the song was sang by Luka and Meiko (with mostly Luka leading) :luka_lili: :meiko_lili:
The PV of the song itself was interesting.
The video starts as a storyboard then gradually gets more detailed (rough draft -> drawn grayscale -> color).
Luka herself in the video appears to have noticed this, one time having an illustration of herself looking at her hands in awe at her updated appearance.

The bridge of the song was very strong emotionally (well-tuned and full of emotion).
For some reason I think this was actually Rin's vocals. Maybe it was planned that way at first then got changed throughout the dream?

I don't recall what the meaning of the song was. But Luka was being carried by a river throughout this song, letting the water take her to whatever her destination was to be. Perhaps she was going through the motions?

Quite an interesting dream. Ironically, as I've been having a hard time sleeping, in my dream I myself never slept supposedly. Oof. :yukari_ani_lili:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had another one about two nights ago. There wasn't too much to it; I just remember someone posting on VVN and using Miku's name as a blanket shorthand way of referring to the Mirai staff.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had another one the other night: one of my relatives moved in with me, and I was debating whether or not to introduce vocal synth music to them. I ended up deciding against it, but they would up hearing an IA metal song on my stereo, and they liked it, although they didn't know it was performed by a virtual singer.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had another one last night. I went to a CFM concert that was apparently held in my local mall. Though the venue was a bit nicer than my mall--I sat waiting for the show to start and looked back at the chairs/mall hallway, then down at the walls/stage, and there was a lot of sunlight, the walls were white, and everything seemed really bright and clean. The hallway had a window a ways up, and bright sunlight was coming through, which shone brilliantly on the adjacent wall. I could see a few shops in an area across the hall done in dark brown wood, and I have a vague memory of something blue, too--maybe something in the venue/hallway outside, or maybe it was the upholstery on the chairs.

Time sort of seemed to flow directly from before the show to either closer to the show or immediately after--I didn't see the show itself. One of the highlights was a glowing gold treasure chest up on the stage, from which audience members could take home merch. When I went up to it, it was locked, but I had the key to an old safe that I had when I was a kid tied to a belt loop with a short string or chain, and the key opened it so that I and some other folks could get in. It wasn't filled with the expected kinds of stuff, though. It was all space-themed, which was apparently appropriate for the show. There were a few spaceships, one of which was shaped like the basket truck that is used to repair electric/phone lines. There was also a large figure of an astronaut, made out of a clear rubbery material formed into light-diffusing cells like the glass bricks you sometimes see in bathrooms, covered with gold flakes.

After the show, I visited my old neighbors from Mexico, who IRL moved away years ago. The inside of their house had been made over into the same sort of bright white motif as the mall. It seemed like they were going to go to the show, too, or maybe to a different showing.

When I thought about this dream after I woke up, I remembered that I'd had another, very similar one sometime within the past few weeks. It was the same venue, though warmer/less clean and bright, and the chest was more of a kiosk or simple box where CFM-themed merch was being given away--it had CFM-loid plushies or figures in it, among other things. I also didn't see my neighbors that time.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I was looking at a map of a big city, and I saw an ad with Miku's silhouette next to it for a limousine service that drives people around the city playing Miku trance music. The next moment, I was in the back of one of the limousines, careening around a corner of a tall building in the city at night. The track playing initially reminded me of a Clean Tears song with IA, but then transitioned into a new thing I haven't heard before with a high-pitched, bell-like synth. It was good!

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
I was looking at a map of a big city, and I saw an ad with Miku's silhouette next to it for a limousine service that drives people around the city playing Miku trance music. The next moment, I was in the back of one of the limousines, careening around a corner of a tall building in the city at night. The track playing initially reminded me of a Clean Tears song with IA, but then transitioned into a new thing I haven't heard before with a high-pitched, bell-like synth. It was good!
oh my gosh fellow clean tears fan hiii

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
There wasn't too much to this one. I just remember standing in a shadowy, long, low-ceilinged, cinder block room with blue-painted walls and metal radiators on the walls to the left and right. It looked like I was in the back of a classroom, with a table in front of me and desks filling the rest of the space. I was thinking about "Jackson," who was a CFM Vocaloid. He wrote a blue-purple robe thing, and judging by his wild gray hair and face (which matched a picture I'd seen in my history book), he was based on the past US president, Andrew Jackson.

This was followed by one where I was working with my former boss on a school test/gameshow thing. It was in a space that looked a little like a spot on an aisle of a department store. There was game board/pad of paper with different kinds of notes on it (or something; they were more like song parts than music notes; it wasn't really much clearer what they were than that; it reminded me a bit of something like Guitar Hero, where notes are presented on screen in a vertical column). We'd had to pick a song to learn, and then I was going to play and sing it while my boss marked off the notes on the paper with a marker. I was pulling open cardboard boxes with pamphlets about the songs in them, looking for an old classic song from my parents' time that I knew really well. I think I wanted to review the lyrics. As I kept looking, I realized a few things. 1) All the songs seemed to be metal/rock vocal synth songs. I saw another one, with lots of metal-looking flames and a picture of Miku doing a metal scream under the title "Solitude." 2) The song I wanted was apparently called "Growl." 3) The board wasn't set up for "Growl," so I'd apparently set our test up for the wrong song (I pointed this out to my boss, and he said that was ok, he expected at least one issue like that on a project like this. :luka_move:). 4) I'd basically forgotten the lyrics to "Growl" and apparently hadn't prepared for this test. When we finally started doing our test, I don't remember singing/playing, but my boss was back there marking off notes with a car salesman-like level of enthusiasm and showmanship.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)