• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID/Synth Question You're Too Afraid To Ask?

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
It's not about Vocaoid but, how can you install vb's to DeepVocal? So far the only DeepVocal vb's I have are Huan Xiao Yi, Lian Hua & Yuan Xiao bc they have an installer

___

Oct 8, 2019
It's not about Vocaoid but, how can you install vb's to DeepVocal? So far the only DeepVocal vb's I have are Huan Xiao Yi, Lian Hua & Yuan Xiao bc they have an installer
Program files (x86) --> DeepVocal --> Singers

and paste the vb into that folder

Reactions: peaches2217

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Is there a version of utau fully translated into English that I don't have to change my computer into jp local

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Is there a version of utau fully translated into English that I don't have to change my computer into jp local
The latest version of UTAU has an English interface! Also, while UTAU doesn't necessarily require you to change your locale in order to use the program, if you plan on using any kana aliased voicebanks (this would include Uta/Defoko too, and basically the majority of Japanese voicebanks) you would need to change your locale, otherwise any kana aliased voicebanks won't work properly and the text will display all messed up in mojibake.

Changing your system locale does not change the language windows displays in though, if that's what's stopping you. It just changes your region to Japan if I'm right. Edit: However for some European users, you will need to change your decimal system to a "." if it is being displayed as a ","

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Changing your system locale does not change the language windows displays in though, if that's what's stopping you. It just changes your region to Japan if I'm right.
Yup! I have my locale set to Japanese, and the only way it affects my computer use is that, occasionally, the startup screen will greet me in Japanese, only to go right back to English the moment I sign in.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
The only problem I have is that very important programs I use switch to japanese when I change local

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Can someone tell me what you need to install utau on win 8.1? I know locale change, but I can’t remember if there’s anything else I need to download. (The website is making no sense to me right now and I can’t for the life of me remember. I last did a fresh install of utau in 2016 so it’s been a while.) Asking here since I kinda feel stupid for asking. lol

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Can someone tell me what you need to install utau on win 8.1? I know locale change, but I can’t remember if there’s anything else I need to download. (The website is making no sense to me right now and I can’t for the life of me remember. I last did a fresh install of utau in 2016 so it’s been a while.) Asking here since I kinda feel stupid for asking. lol
You need to install a Japanese language keyboard too! Other than that, I think that's it? Also remember to change locale before installing UTAU. The keyboard doesn't matter when you install it, you'll just need it for typing in Hiragana lyrics when working with most Japanese voicebanks.

Edit: I completely forgot about one last thing and thanks to @SeleDreams for reminding me, some European users will need to change their decimal system after they change their system locale to a "." instead of a "," which can be done in control panel > region > additional settings.

I'm not sure about 8.1 but I'd assume adding a language would be fairly similar. I have Windows 10 and when I go to my settings, in Language there's an option at the bottom called "Preferred languages" to add a language. It should already have the language your pc displays pre-installed already, and you can add Japanese as a second language. Then you'll have access to the keyboard and can type Hiraganaああああ :)

Last edited:

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Also, does CeVIO Creative Studio vbs work with CeVIO Ai? I am considering maybe buying it but I just want to know what voices work with what engine and which engine I should buy

___

Oct 8, 2019
Also, does CeVIO Creative Studio vbs work with CeVIO Ai? I am considering maybe buying it but I just want to know what voices work with what engine and which engine I should buy
Cevio Creative Studio's voicebanks were made using different methods than Cevio AI so they're not compatible, aside from that there are no major differences between the two editors functionally and you wouldn't be missing out on features ( at least not yet ).

Cevio AI is early in it's lifespan so it only has two vbs so far, both of which I wouldn't recommend, Yukari Rei is LQ: sings off pitch and has mispronunciation issues and unless you're big Kiritan fan and are dying to use her on Cevio and Cevio specifically then I wouldn't recommend her either as there are no major advantages to getting her Cevio over her Neutrino...which is by the way free.

If you wanna use Cevio right now and don't wanna wait, go for Cevio Creative Studio as it has bigger selection of vbs too, there are some gems in the Color series which are pretty cheap and we most likely won't be seeing on the AI version. Or if you don't mind waiting there have been some confirmed future releases ( both new vbs and updates ) for Cevio AI.

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Cevio Creative Studio's voicebanks were made using different methods than Cevio AI so they're not compatible, aside from that there are no major differences between the two editors functionally and you wouldn't be missing out on features ( at least not yet ).

Cevio AI is early in it's lifespan so it only has two vbs so far, both of which I wouldn't recommend, Yukari Rei is LQ: sings off pitch and has mispronunciation issues and unless you're big Kiritan fan and are dying to use her on Cevio and Cevio specifically then I wouldn't recommend her either as there are no major advantages to getting her Cevio over her Neutrino...which is by the way free.

If you wanna use Cevio right now and don't wanna wait, go for Cevio Creative Studio as it has bigger selection of vbs too, there are some gems in the Color series which are pretty cheap and we most likely won't be seeing on the AI version. Or if you don't mind waiting there have been some confirmed future releases ( both new vbs and updates ) for Cevio AI.
Thanks, sorry again but i have another question I has downloaded CeVIO Creative Studio Trial, and when I try to open it says that it's missing some liscence. idk

___

Oct 8, 2019
Thanks, sorry again but i have another question I has downloaded CeVIO Creative Studio Trial, and when I try to open it says that it's missing some liscence. idk
iirc it should give u option to start a trial period and make u enter ur email

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
I haven't. the first time I downloaded it it said this, then I reinstalled the trial bc I thaught it will work, but it was the same as the previous time

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
The latest version of UTAU has an English interface! Also, while UTAU doesn't necessarily require you to change your locale in order to use the program, if you plan on using any kana aliased voicebanks (this would include Uta/Defoko too, and basically the majority of Japanese voicebanks) you would need to change your locale, otherwise any kana aliased voicebanks won't work properly and the text will display all messed up in mojibake.

Changing your system locale does not change the language windows displays in though, if that's what's stopping you. It just changes your region to Japan if I'm right.
Actually, for American users this is the only issue but for European users like French users there is a secondary issue that forces the use of Japanese locale.
In France, in text form the floating points are represented with a comma instead of a dot, so 5.45 would be written 5,45 in French representation

this causes issues when UTAU calls resamplers as resamplers cannot understand the French writing of decimal numbers so UTAU no matter the vb used becomes unusable without japanese locale.

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Actually, for American users this is the only issue but for European users like French users there is a secondary issue that forces the use of Japanese locale.
In France, in text form the floating points are represented with a comma instead of a dot, so 5.45 would be written 5,45 in French representation

this causes issues when UTAU calls resamplers as resamplers cannot understand the French writing of decimal numbers so UTAU no matter the vb used becomes unusable without japanese locale.
Oh yeah that's right, I completely forgot about that last step!! It's been awhile since I've had to change my locale / other Windows settings for UTAU. Thanks for reminding me, I updated my original post and added where to find those settings! Sorry for leaving that rather important part out.

Reactions: WyndReed

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
It's getting embarrassing to ask so many questions... so, I have tasted ccs and I liked it, but I still really want to get Kafu. So I just wanted to get if CeVIO AI editor is free, bc there is a dl link for CeVIO AI on cevio.jp. But then it asks for a license code or something "which I assume is the activation code of the vb". But on Kafu's website, it has 2 versions of her preorder, one with an editor and one without "I only have the money for the second one ._." I just want to know

___

Oct 8, 2019
It's getting embarrassing to ask so many questions... so, I have tasted ccs and I liked it, but I still really want to get Kafu. So I just wanted to get if CeVIO AI editor is free, bc there is a dl link for CeVIO AI on cevio.jp. But then it asks for a license code or something "which I assume is the activation code of the vb". But on Kafu's website, it has 2 versions of her preorder, one with an editor and one without "I only have the money for the second one ._." I just want to know
The editor is not free, the installer they have up on the website is for the sake of accessibility for the people who have already bought it and it doubles as "updater" ( iirc ) so you'll have to buy Kafu with the editor once you save up for her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)