• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID6

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
luckily after a bit of. closing and opening, it seemed to get the prompt to start the trial? honestly not sure why it changed after a bit. so all i can suggest is close and open it some more haha...
Cute pic (well, video) of me right now

Glad to hear there's a bit of hope for it suddenly working at least sfjkdl

• Haha
Reactions: Jikyusan and ___

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
YESSSS OMGGG I'M SO EXCITEDDD!!!

Typed this before reading literally anything about it, just had to let out the emotions

*edit* Vocalo Changer sounds like built in Vocalistener? Or is it real-time like Voidol?

Reactions: morrysillusion

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I’ve been using it for a bit now, and so far I really like it! The AI banks are a bit clunky and finicky, but they sound great once you get into the groove with them, and they’ve improved on some of the more annoying aspects of the V5 editor. (Goodbye, having to switch back and forth between tabs just to change a VB or edit universal parameters!) Absolutely give the trial a shot, it’s great so far!

• Love
Reactions: Leon

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Oof, just heard the English samples, sounds like their technology is still quite a bit behind SynthV and ACE, which is a bummer considering the price. Nonetheless, I'm very happy to see Vocaloid back; the more companies in the market, the more voices and features we'll have to choose from! I hope we get plenty of new voicebanks and updates from them in future.

Dakuwux

IDK how to music
Aug 4, 2021
Spain
Well that was unexpected, I woke up with a message of a friend telling me V6 was out and my first thought was "is today april 1st"?. IDK but it is me or Gumi sounds waaay better than the VB that come with V6?, the other ones are... well same as V5 VB, I still don't understand Yamaha's strategy with Vocaloid, untill today my impression was that they gave up and V5 was the last thing we will know about Vocaloid, I still don't understand why launching Vocaloid double the price with 4 VB which will be forgotten in weeks is a good commercial strategy but ok?

Anyway I'm glad Yamaha still can count with Internet Co and the latter actually cares about their vocal synths because with IA, VFlower and all Cryptonloids (idk if I forgetting someone) out of Vocaloid the Internet Co, and specially Gumi are the only ones that are/were popular among the community of original song producers which I think is important to be relevant (specially more relevant than Synth V).

___

Oct 8, 2019
Well that was unexpected, I woke up with a message of a friend telling me V6 was out and my first thought was "is today april 1st"?. IDK but it is me or Gumi sounds waaay better than the VB that come with V6?, the other ones are... well same as V5 VB, I still don't understand Yamaha's strategy with Vocaloid, untill today my impression was that they gave up and V5 was the last thing we will know about Vocaloid, I still don't understand why launching Vocaloid double the price with 4 VB which will be forgotten in weeks is a good commercial strategy but ok?
tbh it may seem like yamaha's been quiet but it's mostly cuz they market to japanese producers, iirc they've been doing series of interviews with jp producers and stuff? and have been pretty involved in their branding over in japan.

They're including vbs with the editor because it used to be a common complaint from producers actually, that there were no vbs included, V5 was financially very successful so don't fix what ain't broken p much.

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Interview with a couple Yamaha representatives and Internet’s CEO regarding V6 and Gumi AI:

Skimmed it a bit with a translator but they seem to mention at the end that they’ll be providing free updates to the AI banks once Chinese language support is added. They’re also looking into adding back the GEN parameter for the V6 AI banks in future updates (only supported for V3-V5 for now). Yamaha reps seem to have mentioned that they’re planning to release more voicebanks as well!

Dakuwux

IDK how to music
Aug 4, 2021
Spain
tbh it may seem like yamaha's been quiet but it's mostly cuz they market to japanese producers, iirc they've been doing series of interviews with jp producers and stuff? and have been pretty involved in their branding over in japan.

They're including vbs with the editor because it used to be a common complaint from producers actually, that there were no vbs included, V5 was financially very successful so don't fix what ain't broken p much.
Wait what?? V5 was succesfull?? IDK what's going on in Japan but I'll guess I have to believe it?

Reactions: ___

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Wait what?? V5 was succesfull?? IDK what's going on in Japan but I'll guess I have to believe it?
V5’s been, to my knowledge, the most financially successful iteration of Vocaloid. The Western fandom makes a mockery of it but it’s extremely successful and popular in the Japanese fandom.

Reactions: Blue Of Mind

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I pop out shopping this morning only to be greeted with the news at lunchtime that V6 and Gumi AI are things. I'm glad Internet still cares about Vocaloid at this point lol.

Is there anything about backwards compatibility for previous Vocaloids? I presume V3s can still be used in V6.
Yup! As far as backwards compatibility, nothing’s really changed.

Midori

Dancer in The Dark
Oct 28, 2021
haruka sounds like meiko and akito sounds like kaito o: this is so cool though! i wonder if itll have the same layout as v5?
edit: by the video - looks like it xD
Yeah when I first heard Haruka's voice I thought it sounded like Meiko. I thought Akito kinda sounds like a mix of Kaito and Gakupo.

Midori

Dancer in The Dark
Oct 28, 2021
I know it's very unlikely but would Internet Co possibly make more voicebanks for V6? And by more voicebanks I mean like Gakupo, Lily, etc.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I know it's very unlikely but would Internet Co possibly make more voicebanks for V6? And by more voicebanks I mean like Gakupo, Lily, etc.
I can see Una getting an AI VB next because Internet supports her a lot. Gakupo and Lily haven't been updated beyond V3, but I wouldn't say AI VBs would be impossible for them. Their VPs are famous so it might be too expensive to regularly update them, or perhaps they're too busy to record new samples. (I also know Gackt has been dealing with health issues serious enough to put his career on hold recently.)

Reactions: PearlStarLight5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)