• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID6

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Whoa! What a thing to wake up to... Wow. I kind of started to think Vocaloid AI would never happen, but Yamaha showed up to prove me wrong! That's wild. Skimming the comments on here, it seems like some of V5's layout that irked me has been fixed up, which is awesome. And the V6 standards sound a little nicer than the V5s imo! Sorry Amy and Chris...

I guess I shouldn't be too shocked Internet showed up with another Gumi! The star child and all that LOL. Everyone here probably knows that I much prefer physicals to digitals, so if I did spring for this (not immediately, I at least want to wait till I get paid again) but it's a real bummer that her V6 AI starter pack doesn't include the V6 standards. Because... I'm not seeing them in the purchase-able banks on Vocaloid's site either, so if you go with that method, then you can just never get these ones? My "all Engloids" collection cannot stand for this 🤦‍♂️

On that note, I wonder if they'd just be like V5 where the editor and standards all activated on the same serial code... 👀

___

Oct 8, 2019
Ok but the voice changer opens up AMAZING opportunities.

For one, if you don't like using Vocaloid editor for tuning but still wanna use the AI voices....well you can just tune in your editor of choice and import the rendered wav into V6, at it's gonna convert it into the V6 AI voice while archiving all the nuances, no need to lift a finger!

Second, you can convert the voice using sample of ANY language! I tested it on slovak and Haruka sounded like a native. The language options are now limitless with V6.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Super exciting glad they added cross lingual just sad it's still using the old English phonetic system

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I’m… I’m awestruck!! This is beyond my wildest dreams, seriously. Waking up to VOCALOID 6, VOCALOID:AI, and a brand-new GUMI on launch day… I’m so ecstatic, I can’t even describe it. Nou’s take on her classic character design is fantastic, too.

I haven’t been able to parse the news so far, but I think it’s great that GUMI’s English sounds as good as it does even if there are some phonetics issues (maybe). But most importantly, she still very much sounds like GUMI and not like another character. That characteristic of the samples is what gives me confidence for this new version of VOCALOID.

I think it’s still too early to say anything too qualitative, though. The engine just hasn’t been out long enough for everyone to really dig into it. But I’m so excited for the future of VOCALOID. For some reason, all of this has really inspired me and I think this might be the first version of VOCALOID I buy.

I wonder if the nana utaite Vocaloid will also be an AI bank, or if it will still be classically concatenative .

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Also I'm hearing a rumor that the upcoming...12 or something?..vbs Yamaha is making will be free
i find that hard to believe, considering yamaha's love for large prices. And the only free vocaloids that were released so far were not full vbs (unless you count Chuchu and Yuecheng with the b2b thing they have)

___

Oct 8, 2019
i find that hard to believe, considering yamaha's love for large prices. And the only free vocaloids that were released so far were not full vbs (unless you count Chuchu and Yuecheng with the b2b thing they have)
Well the rumor isn't coming from nowhere, apparently that's how it came across when they talked abt V6 on the stream I linked showcasing her eng. I can't verify it.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
huh? well this is exciting.

i wonder if we'll see more new vbs soon? i feel like v5 came out at a bad time because AI vocals took off after v5 and as far as im aware v5 didnt really do anything AI wise? so perhaps it was less "vocaloid is dead" and more "oops we released at a bad time lets start on the next thing and sweep this one under the rug"

anyway. im very excited to see whats in store. when i get a real computer than can run things, i will def check out v6. rn running v4 on my poor little laptop is a struggle lol!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)